• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 56841

User requested account closure
Banned
May 18, 2019
Cryptic tweets are leading people to believe Ed is teasing the upcoming DLC kharacters.

The hints seem to point towards
Reptile. He wielded an axe in MK4 and reptiles can't sweat.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I thought the green axe would be
Nightwolf

But I'd happily take either of them.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the leaks are to be believed, the green axe is

Spawn

But Nightwolf makes waaay more sense

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
The leak had Ash Williams pegged as a DLC kharacter and Bruce Campbell denied it, so who knows.

Gotta remember the guy who plays Shang Tsung did the same at one point. Could go either way but I'm betting on the leak being pretty accurate, especially after these teases.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
1st one: Focuses on the 4. 4 sounds like Form, so Formula 1. 1st character is obviously Lewis Hamilton

latest

2nd: Huge focus on GREEN and with it being AXE, the first obvious assumption would be Green Axe, so of course It's Hal Jordan weilding a battle axe.

71KRhvV2zyL.jpg

Of course it'll be easy for Hal to be in the game because of the model from Injustice 2. These teasers are too easy.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought he was gonna post a picture of him playing with a Johnny Cage toy or something.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Remove the dlc from the word he posted & and it says

Pair I

So I believe there is two characters not one OP

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna lol so hard if it's reptile. That's who it should be. Fuck night wolf.
Nah. I want that progressive Nightwolf design man, games need more Native American representation. Sad that so many posters claim they want more representation in games, but they don't seem to ever mention Native Americans. I think we deserve some representation more than lizards at least.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Nah. I want that progressive Nightwolf design man, games need more Native American representation. Sad that so many posters claim they want more representation in games, but they don't seem to ever mention Native Americans. I think we deserve some representation more than lizards at least.

Fair enough, I don't actually mind him that much I just want my ninjas back

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Those teases are about as obvious as it gets. Reptile? C'mon now, OP.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
This narrative about them adding character information and tons of lines of actual dialogue just to get one over on dataminers has to die. It's ridiculous. They aren't going to waste that much time and effort and only add these files to the Switch version just for that.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
This narrative about them adding character information and tons of lines of actual dialogue just to get one over on dataminers has to die. It's ridiculous. They aren't going to waste that much time and effort and only add these files to the Switch version just for that.
It's also pretty illegal to add files for a character called Terminator with "Hasta la vista, baby," "I'll be back," and Sarah Connor and Skynet references as a joke.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
Didn't the leak already deconfirm

Reptile?

Well... I wouldn't trust it blindly, even if its from the very files of the game.

We should remember that NRS/MK team (Midway) has a long history of messing with the players by using characters that either don't exist, aren't playable despite being code ready or showing stuff you simply can't do... The worst case was the first reveal of Rain, you could see him on the original Arcade demostration, but he wasn't added to the actual game until some time later.

This, along with Bruce Campell denying being involved with MK, makes me wonder if some of the characters added on the code are just false data to cause misdirection on the leaks.
It wouldn't be something beneath them.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Fair enough, I don't actually mind him that much I just want my ninjas back
Hey me too, I'm actually with you on that.

But I need that good Nightwolf design man lol. I really dug Killer Instinct's Native American representation, so I'm digging the idea of getting more in general, not just for fighting games, but games in general. But yeah, Reptile's rad, and so is Ermac, so I'm definitely into getting them back for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Killer Instinct did a great job of this.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Damn right they did. I mentioned that in the post right above your's, I absolutely loved how KI handled it.

Fun fact, Eagle looks so much like my grandfather did when he was young that it weirded me out haha. Of course, I never knew him when he was young, and I didn't know him long before he passed, but from looking at pictures of him, he was the spitting image of Eagle, so it was a bit weird playing as him. Yeah KI was Killer,
( :D yeah I did it)
, at representation for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.