• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The quest OT is a little bit slow paced šŸ˜… so a gentle reminder. Echo vr is in open beta , grab it on the oculus store. Completed tutorial and a game vs AI. It's brillant. And the lobby is so fun

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So this is basically Rocket League in VR, yes?
Looks cool. Not a fan of those "future" sport games, but I will try it out.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
VR Blitzball.

Everyone should play the Echo series. Lone Echo is so fucking good and the mechanics are great enough to hold up as a multiplayer game.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn. i went through the tutorial and ended up just hanging out in the lobby for like an hour playing with my new space buds.

add some cat girls to this and it'll be the next vrchat

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This game is incredible. Wow.

Link to the Oculus store:

www.oculus.com

Echo VR on Oculus Quest

Season 3 of Echo Pass starts September 7th! Experience the freedom of zero-g movement and high energy competition in Echo VR! Load into the Echo VR social lobby to meet up with friends and customize your chassis before clashing against AI or opposing Echo Units in the Echo Arena. To find...

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Have played a ton of this on PC. Has a lot of e-sports potential in my opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AqvANqI3w8

giphy.gif

Everyone: get this game. It's brilliant - just have lot's of space.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
This game is the multiplayer portion of Ready at Dawn's Lone Echo.

Game is zero-g, and you use your hands to grab surfaces or players, and throw yourself around with more or less proper account for inertia and velocity. There are 2 main modes that are played based on that core mechanic.

Structurally, there is an instanced lobby with proximity voice chat and a few other players, similar to the tower in Destiny. You have a central area with a 3-d map table, and various training areas for the weapons, throwing mechanics, and zero-g "parkour", as well as a room or 2 for avatar space-suit customization and just "hanging out". The 2 modes are Combat and Arena. Combat is weapon-based deathmatch type deal. There are several weapons and Halo-like powerups and shooting feels pretty good.

Arena is the other mode and is where the game shines in my opinion. Here's the symmetrical map:

You start in the staging area and after a countdown launch as a team toward the disc in the centre. From there it's like "full contact" basketball-quidditch-ultimate frisbee in zero-g. It's very convincing and a lot of fun. Highly recommend, super under-rated game.

Basic guide here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EchoArena/comments/6l17lv/echo_arena_beginners_guide_arena_map_terminology/

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
This is fun. Easy to learn, hard to master. But very rough around the edges. Getting constant disconnects, leveling seems broken and the game starts even when the teams aren't even and people can join/leave mid-match. Lots of potential though.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up on this releasing, I played it a bit with my crappy link cable, but that hasn't worked super great (I stepped on my better cable and broke all the connectors šŸ˜“) so being able to play the natively will be great. Also wireless seems like a big deal for this game.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Awesome! is it cross play? The pc version I heard is dwindling while people wait for 2. Havent played in a while myself but its truly a showcase of VR in the multiplayer online genre.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Not really feeling it honestly, I like the lobby but the game itself just feels meh to me.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
I can't put this down. It was 2am and I was ready for bed, but I handed my gf my phone and started casting. I got 7 points in one match 3 of which were from a clear from the middle of my team's side of the arena.

Skill based game with a lot of finesse, action, strategy, teamwork, antics, and I've not encountered a single sore loser.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unfortunately i'll never be able to play with friends on any oculus games because they require facebook now :(

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I think this is the first time my Quest battery was unable to keep up with the amount I want to play a game aside from Super Hot and Beat Saber at launch. Super addictive and satisfying.