• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to find out beforehand if your account has been moved to the new payment system?

Nov 18, 2020
Is there a way to find out beforehand if your account has been moved to the new payment system?

From what I heard, they'll send you an email that you have to convert by a specific date, or you won't be able to make new listings. It's only for a minority of accounts right now, but they're switching everyone to it by mid-2021.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah fuck this, I'm not connecting my bank account to eBay. Stopped selling after getting this (very poorly explained) email earlier last month.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope this is what finally kills eBay. It's a terrible company with terrible service that enables the worst of the 'resale' market. Die already eBay.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I hope this is what finally kills eBay. It's a terrible company with terrible service that enables the worst of the 'resale' market. Die already eBay.

We don't want them to die as there isn't another alternative to eBay that even comes close, but they need someone to take them over that isn't Amazon to change things up. The company as a whole has turned into buyer-centric as they keep punishing us sellers for every little thing.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
i've never really had an issue with ebays support system, though the call times can be bad. i do wish they were more open about issues like this though and addressing it sooner rather than later. i get the complaints about ebay rushing to support buyers over sellers, but overall i find the policy friendly to me as a seller with protections in place.

playing on ebay does require more research then before. including making sure your listings are filled with info, even if it seems like overkill listing a bunch of details no one will read. if you do have an issue with a buyer its important to have as much material as possible in your listing to use in your defense. overall you rarely run into problems with buyers that can't be resolved between you and them.

so far im enjoying the simplicity of managed payments, there is a control aspect to the money being with paypal i do miss though. having eBay eat fees immediately took some time to adjust to... yet im also saving 30-40 cents on every transaction in fees, which is nice.

overall it seems like a better investment in the platforms future. it also helps close scam shops, tax avoidance and addresses abuse between ebay and paypal that has been taking place for way too long. when paypal was part of the company, i got the advantage of dealing with the negatives but as a seperate marketplace ebay needs more control. given how little paypal is regulated and how easy it is to commit fraud on the platforms, its not surprising to see new requirements coming.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Another reason this is a mess: eBay is removing the account activity/invoice page entirely and combining it with your transactions on the payments page, but as of now, there doesn't appear to be any breakdown of fees like there used to be. I have one transaction under the new system and I can only see the total fee amount, with no further details. Since the old invoice system is in the process of being removed I also can't see the breakdown of my current balance which seems higher than it should.

Anyway, I'm just about done with both PayPal and eBay as they both absolutely fucked me recently after a buyer did a credit card chargeback for an item, claiming it wasn't as described (when it was exactly as described), causing me to lose both the money and the item.

Tax purposes, I believe, in order to tax the people that make buckets of money.
Or if you live in Massachusetts or Vermont and sell more than $600 worth of goods online in a year. The threshold is $20,000 in every other state I believe. It sucks.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
How long did it take for eBay to verify your info?

The "You recently updated your account details. After we review these updates, we'll follow up with you via email." message has been sitting there for like 2 weeks and my payout is stuck in limbo.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'm actually more annoyed that they are using SpeedPAK for international shipments. I bought something that eBay said would arrive by the 23rd and as soon as it shipped it changed to January 15th.

SpeedPAK is also notorious for misdelivery and losing packages.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
How long did it take for eBay to verify your info?

The "You recently updated your account details. After we review these updates, we'll follow up with you via email." message has been sitting there for like 2 weeks and my payout is stuck in limbo.
I'm in the same position. I've been using the service since it was introduced at the start of the year and never changed bank accounts. But 2 weeks ago I was asked to verify, which I did. It said they would be done in 2 days but nothing happened. No email to say they couldn't be verified or anything. Did it again and the same thing has happen. I uploaded a bank statement on Wednesday but the same thing has happened. I'm going to have to call them but I'm putting it off cause their customer service is appalling.

Jul 27, 2020
I hate this waiting game on the new system. For me it's been:Sell item and 2 days later, an email of your funds are coming. Then the next day, finally after 3 or so days after being paid from ebay first. I'd rather take the 1.00$ or so fees from Paypal. Does ebay take a bigger chunk of % now of your sale?

Jun 1, 2019
I really wish there was another viable alternative to ebay. The high fees and the lack of protection for sellers really suck all of the fun out of selling on there, now you gotta deal with this bullshit payment system too smh.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, just got this message. Have a few listings up and gonna let those ride. Then gonna find alternatives.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
SGy4xKp.png

Dec 16, 2017
I've been burnt too many times be ebay. I'd rather sell for less in my local area and get cash. After fees and shipping, I often come out ahead.

Truckondo

Oct 25, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
I've pretty much stopped selling items on eBay because of their strange payment changes. I didn't sell much but I was unable to collect payment on an item I listed a couple of years ago due to being forced to make a PayPal for business account. It was such a hassle setting up that by the time it was good to go, I was unable to collect the payment.