• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
First time I did edibles my friend who was a proper stoner made some firecrackers

A friend made firecrackers for his own bachelor party, up at a lake house for the weekend. We were all experienced weed smokers, but he went a little wild with the dosage—we ate them Saturday afternoon, and the whole party was basically K.O.'ed until we had to pack up and leave the next day. I'd volunteered to make dinner that night, and it was all I could do to finish that and then go lie down for... 12 hours.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't do it on an empty stomach. Edibles process through the liver the same way booze does, so it's like drinking in an empty stomach.

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, this too! You might be the type who smokes a little and then drives later without feeling too inhibited. Obviously I'm not here to endorse any kind of DUI. But absolutely do NOT plan on doing that with edibles. If you need to go anywhere, get an uber. I've personally never taken an edible and drove after, but I can't imagine it going well. It would be like driving while hammered.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
My first time I tried 10mg and couldn't even feel anything. I tried 20mg the 2nd night and didn't notice, only had any effect at all at 25-30mg. So just a heads up that you should start at 10mg - but you might feel nothing.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I smoke a lot, and when I do edibles it always seems like I either don't do enough to feel it, or I do too much and get uncomfortably high.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
10mg is a good start if you have low tolerance. 5mg would be too little, even for someone with low tolerance IMO.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
It's way too hard to recommend anything with absolute surety. Everyone is different, and everyone will have a different reaction. It also depends on the edible, the type of extract or cannabis used, and many other variables.

I agree with others saying you should start at 10mg (just to be careful), and then increase your dose accordingly each time. Only you can find out what's right for you, and that takes a little experimenting. In general, proceed with caution when it comes to edibles. They can be fun, but you don't want to overdo it on accident. Edibles can get you way higher than smoking. Like, unreasonably high. You'll feel like you're falling off the Empire State building and it won't be fun at all.

But when you figure out the sweet spot, you'll be in for a great time. Relax, be patient, and don't be afraid to go easy your first few times, even if you're a veteran smoker.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
10–20mg is the sweet spot. Set up a playlist, and keep some snacks handy. Oh and plenty of water. Don't fight it, just vibe.

If you're nervous, cut it in half.

Oct 25, 2017
We are still only talking about a marijuana edible here... right?

:P they can get pretty damn strong start slow OP

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
To reiterate what everyone has said, they take an age to kick in, so just chill and don't take anymore.

I obviously fucked up first time I did edibles.... "This is nothing, let's have some more" etc etc.

Most fucked I've ever been, wife caught me walking round the back garden just in my pants, remember trying to lay down in bed, but being attacked by Frozen characters.

Take it slow and enjoy

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017

Only smoked and never tried gummies until now. I'm a skinny guy that weighs 120 pounds. How much should I take? Any tips? I've read about the high creeping on you instead of right away like smoking does I just don't want to overdo it the first time. Thanks. :)

P.S Purchased in Nevada and consuming in AZ so everything legal and all that stuff.

If you are only 120lb, on an empty stomach and assuming you have low-to-medium tolerance, I'd microdose by starting at 5MG, and take the other 5mg after an hour and a half. You won't go to the outer realms but you'll get a longer mind and body high for your first time.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm starting to feel it now. Glad I didn't take the full one instead. lol I don't feel sleepy or anything like I usually do when I smoke. Going to have the other half soon and play some video games. :)

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to feel it now. Glad I didn't take the full one instead. lol I don't feel sleepy or anything like I usually do when I smoke. Going to have the other half soon and play some video games. :)

glad you are enjoying it! Time to relax now !

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to feel it now.
27d

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Hope OP is enjoying the ride still, edibles are weird. I don't usually do 'em cause I tend to not feel anything but I ate a pot brownie the other night and even though I still didn't feel it I could not stop eating

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
I know you mentioned this, but definitely be conservative. The high is different and lasts way longer. You don't want to take a bunch more 45 minutes in and end up regretting it. Being too high on edibles is an awful experience.
Yes 100%. You'll feel like that shit is laced with something

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
The first ten times I ate edibles I had no clue what the mg was on any of them as it was in Cambodia and at a bunch of different places. The first time I had a clear clue was in Vietnam when I was able to get 120 mg cookies. One cookie sent me into a danger zone.

Now I order 40 mg candies and one of them will do me quite well for an evening and two is really a bit much. But I have some 120 mg candies which I am able to manage unlike the cookies I was getting in Vietnam.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
That's not true 5mg is a good starter. Source my years of experience.
For a total noob I'd agree. My years of experience say otherwise. 5 is pretty mild, more of a "I've never done marijuana before" recommendation IMO, but if he has smoked before he at least has an idea what he's getting into, hence why I feel 10 is perfectly fine. Everyone is a bit different I guess. Nothing is worse than when you take an edible and end up disappointed. Lol

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I don't smoke and rarely eat edibles. When I do they are 5-10mg chocolate. If your edible dissolves, break it into small chunks and melt it under your tongue. I ate 5mg 40 minutes ago and I feel it quite a bit. If I eat it normally it takes at least twice as long.

I am a very average CoD player but after 5mg I am substantially better. I think I am so focusesI concentrate on the game more.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I did 50mg the other night and didn't feel shit so my tolerance is either super high or gastric bypass negates the effects.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
My first time doing edibles was a few years ago in CO when visiting my sister. I had absolutely no knowledge of them and felt like a kid in a candy shop. I ended up eating 180mg split across a cookie, a thing of gummies, and some chocolate. I had 2 beers before that too.

I had the worst anxiety attack of my life and thought I was going to have a heart attack. And it lasted for what seemed like forever. Havent done it since.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
My first time doing edibles was a few years ago in CO when visiting my sister. I had absolutely no knowledge of them and felt like a kid in a candy shop. I ended up eating 180mg split across a cookie, a thing of gummies, and some chocolate. I had 2 beers before that too.

I had the worst anxiety attack of my life and thought I was going to have a heart attack. And it lasted for what seemed like forever. Havent done it since.
I'm sorry about your experience. :( My mom also had a panic attack taking edibles and now refuses to take them from that experience.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

My friend was visiting Seattle with his bf, they bought 3 cookies but forgot to eat them before their flight home. The bf got sick so my friend at all 3 cookies, he to this day says that flight was the worst expeince he has ever had in the world.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Um can I ask this here: I feel like doing marijuana made me remember forgotten, suppressed memories... But it doesnt make sense and I cant tell if they are real memories or not. Did I just get too fucked up?

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
To echo what everyone else is saying. Take it slowly until you know how they affect you. Also, those are sativa gummies, so you won't have the same couch lock experience.

I had a buddy who asked me to guide him through it. I told him to start slow and text me every 30 mins. After an hour, he felt nothing. He thought I was fucking with him by telling him to go slow, and despite my pleas he ate the entire bag....

... He woke up the next morning missing his teeth. Found them on his living room floor.

Edit:. I'm a big dude and a veteran of smoking and eating. I eat half a 25mg hybrid gummy after work. I don't get super stoned, but I feel pretty good. I also find that if the buzz gets too strong, having a drink (a strong one, but not getting drunk) mellows it out a bit

Last edited:

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Um can I ask this here: I feel like doing marijuana made me remember forgotten, suppressed memories... But it doesnt make sense and I cant tell if they are real memories or not. Did I just get too fucked up?

Sounds like you're fairly newish to marijuana, yes? For someone with low tolerance, depending on the weed, it can produce quite a psychedelic experience. My first time I was warping between home and the party I was at everytime I closed my eyes.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you're fairly newish to marijuana, yes? For someone with low tolerance, depending on the weed, it can produce quite a psychedelic experience. My first time I was warping between home and the party I was at everytime I closed my eyes.
Yeah...Ive been high like less than 7 times... but were my memories real or was my brain making up shit? It FELT like I was experiencing something that definitely happened but it makes no sense

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I did 50mg the other night and didn't feel shit so my tolerance is either super high or gastric bypass negates the effects.
Over the last few years, I've noticed some brands of edibles can be inconsistent with their strength.

I'll try one brand that's only 5-10mg and it'll hit me quite a bit, but then I might try another brand that claims be be more like 20-30mg and not feel anything, but then I'll have that same amount from that same brand and it'll hit me WAY harder, even from the same package.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
From the sound of it, edibles may not be good for someone with anxiety? I've considered trying some (only smoked a handful of times) for pain management but don't want to get any more wound up than I already am.

Is there a kind that takes care of both?

Oct 27, 2017
I could hear everything. Like conversations across a park. And footsteps. Holy fuck. Footsteps.
Lasted like eight hours.

Space Acorn

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'd also suggest 10mg max, maybe even less if you're at all concerned. The thing about edibles is that it hits everyone differently. Some people get nicely high after 5mg or less, while some people (like me, unfortunately) need to take 50-70mg for a regular high. You won't know until you try, so just accept while you're figuring out your tolerance to edibles that you may "waste" some by taking too little. Better that than too much and having a terrible time. Also note that it may take a while to kick in, another factor that can vary by person. For me, it usually takes 1.5-2.5 hours for the full effects to come on.

Taking them on an empty stomach tends to make the effects greater that after eating, but maybe last less time. On a full stomach it can be less predictable, but it should be a more gradual onset and probably a longer but somewhat less intense effect.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
From the sound of it, edibles may not be good for someone with anxiety? I've considered trying some (only smoked a handful of times) for pain management but don't want to get any more wound up than I already am.

I've been told that Sativa is a bit worse for anxiety, while Indica is more calming and helpful, so make sure it's Indica and probably with some percentage of CBD as well.

A lot of edibles are hybrids or just don't mention which type they are, but there are plenty that do. Worst case you can ask an employee at the store, they're usually pretty informed about what brands do what.

But as always, just start with small doses until you know how it'll effect you personally.

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018

CBD is for therapeutic effects and THC is for getting high. You can look for a high CBD gummy from an indica strain (as opposed to sativa) and you should be good to go.

I usually have a beer or two in the hour that it takes for the edible to take effect, and that always takes the edge of the THC.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
"Thou who hath not curseth'd thine edible willst nay look upon the face of its activation"

-Ediblations 42:0