• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
When my driver pulls me up to the Costco food court I get so mad at all the brokeys clogging up the process. I deploy my cow catcher and just nudge all the impoverished from my general vicinity because their presence interferes with my enjoyment of the hot dog and soda combo that I as a 1 per center deserve. Looking out at all the unwashed masses I stop to consider those in line that are just there using their mothers extra membership cards and I get so enraged I pick up my direct line to Costco HQ and demand change. This is just phase 1, soon we will deploy retinal scanners to all food courts to ensure that only those worthy of a chicken bake may consume more than their daily value of sodium in one sitting. I'll be there, I'll always be there because I pay the 60 dollar membership fee through manipulating the stock market and running multiple money laundering schemes.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Swear to god this thread pissed me off like few have. People want to rail against the evils of capitalism? Yeah fine cool. I'm all about that but make damned sure it is targeted at something that matters or might just spark real conversations. Don't fucking stand around publicly circle jerking onto the backs of "poor people" for some hollow self serving attempt at gaining goddamned woke points. Some people in this thread are transparent af using the bent backs of people with real struggles as a soap box to stand on simply to proclaim how good of a person they are. It's obvious and it's insulting.

This thread is a bit of a mess so I don't know if this is aimed at me or not; but in case it is; When I said:

I dunno, I think its completely bizarre that people have normalized paying an admission fee for stuff like grocery shopping. Its ridiculous. I don't care how big or good your food court is. Just seems like another line crossed that never should have been that people are slowly just getting used to.

I was just sharing an opinion man. I wasn't trying to crusade about capitalism or anything weird like freaking costco food courts as a soapbox. Just a one off comment about something that I don't even take that seriously. It's just grocery shopping.

Im legit just shocked that what I see as such a benign discussion can even manage to get so heated. Why is every discussion a landmine? Can't we discuss ANYTHING without it being some sort of gateway to something 'deeper'? This was just hotdogs, membership fees and bulk buying in my eyes. I never intended for it to be any kind of social commentary.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
i always thought it was members only because they always check member card before we can go in to my local costco

A lot of people think the same thing, and don't know that you can actually enter through the exit without a membership card. There's no sign or anything that explains this, word of mouth is about the only way you'd know.

This is why outdoor locations are busier. It's much more clear at those locations that you can eat at the food court without a membership since you never pass by someone checking for cards.

That is why this measure to reduce crowds is confined to locations with outdoor food courts.

Why some people are incapable of understanding this is beyond me.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Oh damn the Costco in Goleta, CA is going to start doing this. RIP alll the broke , stoned UCSB, SBCC college kids

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many peopke who didnt have a card will now sign up for one vs those that just wont go there anymore

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Maybe now I'll be able to actually get a seat at the food court when I go. Exciting.

OP
OP
Walter White Walker
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe now I'll be able to actually get a seat at the food court when I go. Exciting.

It's amazing how many people are in the food court with no shopping cart. Maybe some of them are eating first but I think many are just there for the food court.
Usually there's no room to sit so I have to take my hot dog and drink home. Hopefully that changes soon so I can enjoy my hot dog while it's still warm.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
My Costco has actually been checking cards at the exit for the last 6 or more months. They actually stopped me one day when I stopped in for lunch and went to go through the exit.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2020-03-03/costco-food-court-membership

Rejoice, Costco members! We shall soon be free of the plebs choking up the lines that are not one of us!
But seriously, should help keep membership from going up in price. Members have basically been subsidizing non-members when it comes to the food court.

lol at this. I'll happily subsidize a kid or a family to eat a pretty decent 10 dollar pizza. Gtfoh Costco.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just caught this thread for the first time. I read the first few pages and then jumped to the end to see some posts people quoted, only to realize that this thread exploded due to outrage over hot dogs. I fucking can't lmao This thread is so typical Era.