• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Why would you do this when you can just get takeout and also tip the staff? Where you eat the food doesn't matter. Hell it's less cleanup for them.

Oct 27, 2017
There's something I find really annoying about all the half-arsed graphic design that comes with these announcements. Especially that little Rishi Sunak signature motif. Gross.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
The usual over reactions. While getting a half price 'spoons burger isn't exactly what I was expecting in today's budget, if the protests and VE day stuff didn't spike deaths then sitting in a near empty bar/ restaurant isn't going to either

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Isnt ok if they space out the restaurant with proper distancing?

Distancing is just a preventative measure, it is not at all some sort of magical firewall of absolute blockage.

Same with masks.

They bring the risk down, they don't eliminate the risk entirely.

The more people are within proximity of each other, the more and more risk piles up, especially if there are constant potential carriers like the servers and staff at the restaurant who could catch it and keep spreading it throughout the day. This virus can be relatively asymptomatic, or low-symptomatic to a point where people might not realize they have COVID-19. Those people still spread the virus whether they know it or not.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Eating out at 10 pounds per head doesn't sound like proper social distancing to me.

Gives me a good idea for a dental dam /face covering combo though.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Dining at the Y is where it's at. It's the kind of downtown dining and entertainment district I'm happy to support.
Oh... wait... never mind.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting take out nearly every day and tipping very well to help out. I won't go inside though, not happening.

Deleted member 11479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4sHEsFg.jpg

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
We have a coupon system instead, where you can pay now to support and come back to eat after the quarantine. Much better.

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
I feel like this attention grabbing tactic to launch a glib catchphrase has been used before. Quick bit of googling and they did for: "Get Brexit Done". That got signal boosted by the likes of ERA and got prominent display everywhere. It clearly works.

Messaging aside: The usual over reactions in here make me roll my eyes in to the sun. I'm definitely eyeing up going out during payday though it will be after careful consideration to the measures the restaurant are taking.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
i mean....what do they call it in the UK because this is like Mrs. Slocombe's pussycat all over again.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Why not Takeout to Help Out?

Whenever I order food I always throw a tip on there to help the servers. Probably doesn't do much, but it's something

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Why not Takeout to Help Out?

Whenever I order food I always throw a tip on there to help the servers. Probably doesn't do much, but it's something
They have also reduced the VAT from 20% to 5% for the hospitality industry for 6 months which includes takeout. This measure in the OP is more so that restaurants when they open aren't making a loss as they have notoriously thin profit margins and they will now have reduced capacity compared to before and just having takeout wouldn't necessarily let them meet operating costs