• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Damn I know more random trivia facts then I would have thought lol. Was answering along with them and got a lot of the questions right.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they seriously planning on doing this monthly? I hope Ian is finally getting a full-time salary for the amount of editing needed.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confused how you get lucky loot exactly. But this show was amazing!

A_Dang

Oct 27, 2017
Western New York
Loved the episode, had a few good full laughs too. Huber looking into the camera and asking the audience how they were doing was perfect, and Jones laughing at the moment made it even better.

My only question is what kind of contestant rotation will there be and what are the chances of developer/industry contestants coming on. I love EZA, I love the chemistry they have, and I love love love the idea unsuspecting developer guests getting sucked into being a contestant.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
11/10.

Thread title is a bit misleading though, as its not exclusively a videogame trivia game show.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
This is a good suggestion. An outline would fix this up immediately.

Also another nitpick. There's some stray pixels in the big thing that weren't made transparent.
JOPdq9Q.png
lmao don't change Era :D

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Amazing new show. Love Damiani correction on that Zelda question lol

I haven't played ALTTP in forever so I don't remember the exact mechanic, but from how Damiani described it you use the mirror when in the Dark Realm which brings you to the Light and creates a portal in that spot in the Light world to go back to the Dark. Considering the method of going back to the Dark world is using a portal that was created by the mirror I think it's still fair to say that you use the mirror to go back. I'm not sure I would have accepted that correction tbh.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of game shows but it's still pretty good tbh. It's so much better than Channel Awesome's game show, it's kinda crazy.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched. LOVED IT! Peeeeeeeeeeeeerfection. Jess was awesome too. What a fun show. Well done EZA

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Sorry if this has already been answered... is this a bit? Like they are pretending it's a real show? Or is this actually a show, I watched half of it. And I don't understand what's going on.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Sorry if this has already been answered... is this a bit? Like they are pretending it's a real show? Or is this actually a show, I watched half of it. And I don't understand what's going on.
They don't really bother with setting up just about any of the rules. Like the shop stuff, scoring, and the health stuff. It's a real show that needs some workshopping to reach its full potential.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
They don't really bother with setting up just about any of the rules. Like the shop stuff, scoring, and the health stuff. It's a real show that needs some workshopping to reach its full potential.
Gotcha.

Yea the lack of explanation makes it feel like a bit, like I'm not supposed to get it. Like an Eric Andre game show or something...

But I hope the rules are actually in place and consistent cause I love this stuff.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Wow just watched it and that was great! Enjoyed everything about it. The theme song is so freakin good too

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has already been answered... is this a bit?
Simple rule of thumb when asking this question while watching EZA content:

If Kyle is there, it's a bit.
If Kyle is not there, it's probably not a bit.

In this case, Kyle was not there, so it is safe to conclude that it was not a bit.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It is not a bit, will be a recurring show, and has a consistent ruleset.

Getting the rules to the viewers is tough. A full explanation would take several minutes with nothing interesting happening on screen, so we opted to jump right in and try to use the Wizard's Wisdom pop-ups to help. However, there was a good deal of confusion regarding weak point numbers/randomness and lucky loot tokens, so I think it's worth taking a bit more time to explain how those work specifically.

We'll be streamlining the process over time and figuring out the best way to keep viewers and contestants from being overwhelmed.

This should be weekly, not once per month.
This is...a tall order. The Allies need to arrange guests and schedules, and more importantly, it's an *extremely* time-consuming edit for Ian. I'm not an Ally so I can't speak to their schedule, but it's a lot.

Bi-weekly might be feasible, but that's always a weirder schedule for people to keep track of in their heads.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This was fantastic! The enemy designs and the Sprite-work was all on point. I love the great shop as well. This definitely is well deserved for all the right reasons.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is...a tall order. The Allies need to arrange guests and schedules, and more importantly, it's an *extremely* time-consuming edit for Ian. I'm not an Ally so I can't speak to their schedule, but it's a lot.

Bi-weekly might be feasible, but that's always a weirder schedule for people to keep track of in their heads.

game shows usually tape 3-6 episodes a day. would it be possible to tape 2 (maybe 3) in one batch?

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
It is not a bit, will be a recurring show, and has a consistent ruleset.

Since you'll be burning through questions quickly, do you think there will be an email address for patron-submitted questions?

I could think of a few unusual ones about European releases of games and their, at times, strange names.

AdvancedWind

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I knew Damiani would win. And that Gridania question lol.
I'm surprised he didn't even mention anything about how he got the absolutely perfect question

That was great, can't wait for episode 2.

I hope they can make the questions more interesting. Also a concern I have is when your friends are also the contestants, it can get tricky researching questions and keep it fair. Example: You know Damiani is 1 of 3 contestants and have a FFXIV deep cut trivia question. No one else plays that, it's 5 to 1 in his favor.

To be fair, several allies have played XIV and the city mentioned is a starting city, the kind of thing that appears in a generic product description of the game. I'm sure most of them could answer, if only needing some time to think. Just a "I don't recognize the name so it's not any I played" filter would boil down to XI or XIV for the ones that didn't play.

And if you're going to make questions for pop culture in general, unless you only go to the absolute surface of the medium, you can't avoid this kind of stuff. And i'd rather have the random "here's a Tales of question that probably only Ben can answer" than only having "which famous nintendo game features a red clothed italian protagonist?" that would avoid this 'issue'

Last edited:

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
This is incredible.

It has a lot of rough edges, but it's just spectacularly impressive that it exists and works as well as it does.

game shows usually tape 3-6 episodes a day. would it be possible to tape 2 (maybe 3) in one batch?

Game shows are also usually made by ~100 people, not ~10.

That's just the immediate staff per episode, they're also usually made by a production company with plenty of general staff above and beyond that, and budgets in the $millions.