• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Being able to look at your life and think "this isn't doing it for me" takes a lot of inner courage, and he's very lucky that he seems to be in a position where he's comfortable to drop any kind of constant he might have as far as his professional career and jump into something new with both feet. It would be silly for him to deny the obvious desire that he has to leave and pursue something new, whatever that may be.

I think that for some, it may seem like madness. Kyle had what many would call a dream job. But dreams and aspirations change. I know that in my line of work, I'm constantly looking to be challenged, to find a new opportunity to discover how good I am, how hard I can work and how talented I really am.

Something that's really resonated with me for a while is a comment that Jones made on the main Podcast about the volatility of certain media. I think it was referencing backwards compatibility and the preservation of games. He likened it to a Michael Jackson gig. You can't do that anymore. It's gone. The people that were there got to see that and no one else ever will. And in a way, that's what makes it special, it's what makes anything special. It being a volatile, fleeting moment in history makes it special, gives it more substance than if you were able to revisit that moment willy nilly, whenever you want.

Kyle in the Easy Allies is kind of the same. It's sad now, but it's not like it was for a short time. This iteration of the Allies last for 4 years, longer if you count GT. It might take a while, maybe months, maybe years. But eventually you will be just glad that you got to be there. It's weird how we can need to grieve over the unlikeliest of things. But we do, it's what makes us people, and it's what let's us know how much something meant to us.

Good luck Kyle. I wish you all the best! 😊

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Really needed that Frametrap after the last few days. Brilliant stuff, it's super sad to be losing Bosman but it's magic to have Ben back.
EZA will still be awesome going forward.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much the only two podcasts I listen to without fail every week are the EZA podcast and the Doughboys Podcast (hosted by Nick Wiger and Mike Mitchell). Doughboys is a highbrow podcast where they review mostly fast food restaurants, and it is a delight. (Frame Trap isn't every week, but I don't miss that one either)

Anyways, during Kyle's stream the other night he said that Nick Wiger (who also hosts the video game podcast How Did This get Played) was his improv teacher! Also, Kyle went to Ithaca and so did Mike Mitchell.

I know Kyle wanted to be done with "french fries" work, but what if his next Main Thing in life was literally reviewing french fries with the Doughboys.

(I'm at the bargaining stage of grief)

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I'll take a Kyle guest appearance on How Did This Get Played in 6-8 months just when it's time to reopen the wound of not getting infinite Bosman content to be infinitely contend with anymore.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Man this week hurts. Kyle announcing that he is going to leave, the whole covid-19 mess.....

I am sitting at home now, our government declared a curfew ( you can only leave your home if you "need" to go to work and can't work from home, if you need to do grocery shopping, if you need to help someone or for small walks outside but only with people from the same household.)
All shops beside groceries, doctors and pharmacies are closed.
People at Hotels and restaurants are getting laid off.....
The Police will start to enforce the curfew today......feels bad man.

I wonder if the Allies will decide to work from home for a few weeks to not need to travel to the studio.
I hope they stay safe, the US seems like not to have realized how bad it can get. I myself was treating the whole situation as a blown-up thing not 2 weeks ago.

I wish Kyle the best! I want to see him being successful in everything that he does. The man has such a big hunk of talent!
It will be a wired time seeing only 8 Allies but I bet they will grow with it! This is an opportunity not the end!

Era-Allies! Please stay safe in theses time, treat Covid-19 seriously!
L&R from Tyrol/Austria

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I'm familiar with Rush 2049 and the other Rush racing games. Gonna have to give that Kyle stream a full watch

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Man this week hurts. Kyle announcing that he is going to leave, the whole covid-19 mess.....

I am sitting at home now, our government declared a curfew ( you can only leave your home if you "need" to go to work and can't work from home, if you need to do grocery shopping, if you need to help someone or for small walks outside but only with people from the same household.)
All shops beside groceries, doctors and pharmacies are closed.
People at Hotels and restaurants are getting laid off.....
The Police will start to enforce the curfew today......feels bad man.

I wonder if the Allies will decide to work from home for a few weeks to not need to travel to the studio.
I hope they stay safe, the US seems like not to have realized how bad it can get. I myself was treating the whole situation as a blown-up thing not 2 weeks ago.

I wish Kyle the best! I want to see him being successful in everything that he does. The man has such a big hunk of talent!
It will be a wired time seeing only 8 Allies but I bet they will grow with it! This is an opportunity not the end!

Era-Allies! Please stay safe in theses time, treat Covid-19 seriously!
L&R from Tyrol/Austria
To be honest, most countries' governments have done a shit job at this whole mess.

I am working from home as well for most of the next 2 weeks at least. It's not mandatory, but it's a "recommendation" from our government and from the university I work for. There still is a good chance I will need to go on site since some of my work has to be done on site (even though a lot of people are at home, so it might be fine).

But I can almost guarantee that it won't be a "recommendation" anymore in 1 or 2 weeks time once they realise that the amount of infected they see now are the infected from 1 or 2 weeks ago and that it only will get worse for the moment.

Most shops in Belgium are also closed though (except for those selling food that aren't restaurants and street markets during the weekend if the stands only sell food), but it's not mandatory (yet) to stay inside for us. The rules they have set are still pretty lax imo. Especially their rule for schools is ridiculous. There are no courses, but the schools stay open so the children can be dropped off if the parents need to go to work??? What will that accomplish (and who is going to keep watch on those children)?
That apparently also meant that some idiot Belgians go over the borders to The Netherlands or France to eat in restaurants or drink in pubs, so I don't know how long those countries will keep theirs open.

I am getting pissed off at the situation for some weeks now with how lax they are all treating the whole thing (all over the world). I don't think getting infected would be the end of the world for myself personally, but I don't want to aid in the spread of this thing since it can be very dangerous for a lot of people.

I don't know how bad it is in California and the US and I would love to be able to watch EZA during this time, but if it get's worse it might not be the best idea to stay at home for them.

But the only thing we can do is hoping that it will stop eventually while trying to keep the spread to a minimum. The funny thing is that having played Plague Inc a couple of years ago on PC makes me look at this completely differently than I otherwise would have. I know Plague Inc is just a game, but the way this thing has spread has some similarities to that game for sure.

maxvsthegames

Jun 21, 2018
Anyone else excited about EZX digital?

I will be quarantined all week next week, so I'm kinda glad I will have something to watch pretty much all day!

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
Its been clear that he hates doing reactions and been going out of his way to keep away from them, and ppl could act a little toxic and entitled

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Re-watching Fiasconauts playlist on the background and I really hope Kyle does one more Fiasconauts with Huber & Ben before he's leaves.

Regina's Wedding is still too good and I'd loved to see a Part II.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
No Animal Crossing review yet? I hope they got it
I can almost guarantee you they didn't. Nintendo almost never sends them stuff before release and they usually get their code on the day of release.
I believe Jones said he will be reviewing Animal Crossing and that he wants to play a decent chunk first, so I think it can take some time before we get the review.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Is that going to go ahead? Kinda Funny are all skyping in from home for all shows now. EZA should consider self-isolation and indeed may have no choice in LA.

Yeah I've been asking myself the same thing.

Things have changed a lot since the event was announced and we don't really know how things can evolve until next week.

Maybe if they can't do it on the studio will do it from their homes.

maxvsthegames

Jun 21, 2018
Is that going to go ahead? Kinda Funny are all skyping in from home for all shows now. EZA should consider self-isolation and indeed may have no choice in LA.

The way Kyle talked about it yesterday, it seems they were moving forward with it.

It seems he was mostly concerned with the message they would be sending if people see that they were still streaming together.
More than the possibilities of infecting each other.

I think 9 guys in the same room is a risk, but really, not that much of a risk.
If they wash their hands and maybe wipe the controller when changing players, they should be fine.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
A correction for the FF VII chat in the Easy Allies Podcast No. 204 from last week.
"Partial remakes" of games have been done before. The FE 1 DS remake covered half the SNES game (FF VII will obviously do less than that):
The SNES one was itself a remake of a NES game and only it´s 2nd campaign was original which was then adapted in (the fan-translated) 2nd DS game.
Things like Mortal Kombat 2011 or MediEvil: Resurrection are complicated cases too but were reimaginings or whatever and both rached a conclusion by the end. Black Mesa also comes to mind. An understandable case, even if it turned from a mod to an actual Steam game. I wonder who will take longer... Nah I´ll be SE. All sorts of full conversion remakes of Elder Scroll games took forever too, which is fine.

Kinda weird how upbeat all contributors continue to be on FF VII-1. The demo was tedious and the overall game looks shaky as fuck to me. The team isn´t that great either. It has 3 directors (!), Kitase is only producing, and none of the 3 are good. Nomura is ok, I guess, but we at least got Kazushige Nojima back on script duty.
He also wrote Advent Children so I expect some lip service to the FF VII EU. Is that good though? The whole production is anti-hype to me, so I´ll just wait on the MC score and customer reactions. SE burned me too often...
Edit: Fixed the episode number.

Last edited:

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The way Kyle talked about it yesterday, it seems they were moving forward with it.

It seems he was mostly concerned with the message they would be sending if people see that they were still streaming together.
More than the possibilities of infecting each other.

I think 9 guys in the same room is a risk, but really, not that much of a risk.
If they wash their hands and maybe wipe the controller when changing players, they should be fine.
Jones in this Cup of Jones tells a different story but did consider that possibility.

Mar 20, 2018
Germany
Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker here and as you probably can imagine, a big Easy Allies fan. I'm also a patron.
I actually wanted to start posting here a long time ago, but that clearly didn't happen. However after Kyle announced his departure I thought, why not finally do it. Although, I'm kinda late with my response.

Originally when I read the news, I was pretty shocked. As is the case for many other people, my first experience with this incredible group of people was through the Final Bosman. Loved that show and for a while, it was the only Gametrailers show I watched. But slowly I started getting into the many other shows and I really grew attached to the whole group.
The end of Gametrailers was devastating and the rise of Easy Allies was exhilarating.
After following these guys for so long, the idea of one of them leaving almost feels surreal. But it will be reality now.
And while I am still a bit sad, I think in the end everything will be alright. Things will be different, of course, but that doesn't mean that it will be worse.
So while I absolutely will miss Kyle as a part of Easy Allies, I'm also pretty optimistic about the future.

Kyle probably won't see this post, but if he does I just want to say: Thank You. You're an amazing, funny and likeable person and you deserve to be happy. I'm sure you'll find what you're searching for and I'll be happy for you, no matter what it is.

So that was kind of a heavy first post. I will try to be active on here. But no promises. :)

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker here and as you probably can imagine, a big Easy Allies fan. I'm also a patron.
I actually wanted to start posting here a long time ago, but that clearly didn't happen. However after Kyle announced his departure I thought, why not finally do it. Although, I'm kinda late with my response.

Originally when I read the news, I was pretty shocked. As is the case for many other people, my first experience with this incredible group of people was through the Final Bosman. Loved that show and for a while, it was the only Gametrailers show I watched. But slowly I started getting into the many other shows and I really grew attached to the whole group.
The end of Gametrailers was devastating and the rise of Easy Allies was exhilarating.
After following these guys for so long, the idea of one of them leaving almost feels surreal. But it will be reality now.
And while I am still a bit sad, I think in the end everything will be alright. Things will be different, of course, but that doesn't mean that it will be worse.
So while I absolutely will miss Kyle as a part of Easy Allies, I'm also pretty optimistic about the future.

Kyle probably won't see this post, but if he does I just want to say: Thank You. You're an amazing, funny and likeable person and you deserve to be happy. I'm sure you'll find what you're searching for and I'll be happy for you, no matter what it is.

So that was kind of a heavy first post. I will try to be active on here. But no promises. :)

Welcome! Always happy to have newcomers to this thread!

We will all persevere hopefully!

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Ya I hope Jones just takes his time anyway. They have a lot of AC in the schedule over the next few weeks anyway

Oct 25, 2017

Kinda weird how upbeat all contributors continue to be on FF VII-1. The demo was tedious and the overall game looks shaky as fuck to me. The team isn´t that great either. It has 3 directors (!), Kitase is only producing, and none of the 3 are good. Nomura is ok, I guess, but we at least got Kazushige Nojima back on script duty.
He also wrote Advent Children so I expect some lip service to the FF VII EU. Is that good though? The whole production is anti-hype to me, so I´ll just wait on the MC score and customer reactions. SE burned me too often...

You are in the very small minority.

Ff7 looks fantastic and the demo was so addicting I played through it 3 times.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

What in the world??? That demo completely sold me on the game as it was incredibly polished and the combat felt so much stronger than anything ff15 or the kh series had done before. The devs behind it are solid too and I don't understand why you'd be that against it. To each their own but I'm completely enamored by what I've played and seen so far.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Watch Mysterious Monsters you cowards
I will, but I missed the starttime, so was waiting until it's done (which it apparently is).
But don't worry, I will watch it either today (it's almost 1 am here) or tomorrow after sleep.
I always enjoy them a lot, so there is no reason for me not to watch them.

I will probably watch it after the video I'm currently watching and push my day a bit further.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a timestamp for today's CoJ on when Jones answered questions pertaining to E3. Maybe it's cause I was relaxing while listening but I think at some point I missed that part

edit: Nevermind, someone in comments posted the timestamps

Last edited: