• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
For me, I tend to consume EZA stuff in bursts. Like I have several of the Gundam Streams still to get through, a number of the Q&A's, I'm a week or two behind on the podcast, weeks and weeks behind on Frame Trap etc.

So even when Kyle does leave I'll still have a bunch of stuff with him in it before he's finally phased out entirely... so that's something I guess.

Mikachu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gunna miss Kyle terribly. He was the best part of EZA for me :/ I hope whatever he does next is fulfilling and what he hopes and I'll be there for it.

Also hope the rest of the allies land of their feet and keep on being great, I ain't going anywhere but I hope they use this as a reason to shake things up a bit. Maybe get an editor, or mix up groupings, or more full group stuff.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Thought about this too but i don't think he would do something like that
Oh, I know it's not a bit. I think it's just my mind trying to cling to every possibility it might not happen even though I know it has already been decided.

I also just realised that this might have been (on of) the reason(s) that Together we RPG might have been cancelled or at least postponed since Kyle was clearly involved. I haven't watched his stream yet, so I don't know if he talked about it or not.

Last edited:

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I feel like I'm missing something. How do you figure that?
Kyle's a single dude living in a city known for high cost of living, in an apartment I would charitably compare to my old college dorm apartment, at least based on those few videos he filmed in his kitchen a few years back. His only income, as far as we know, is Easy Allies and possibly freelance work Geoff Keighley tosses at him. That income may not have been enough to cover cost of living increases over time, which is a big source of stress for a person.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
These are fragile times and I will admit to shedding a tear or two at the news of Kyle's leaving. As time has passed however, and after reflecting on what Kyle said on stream last night, I am pretty excited for the future. I am excited for Kyle, and to see how he gets on chasing down the main thing. I am excited for the rest of the allies because I feel that for most of them EZA is already their main thing. With Kyle leaving it seems inevitable that a new ally or two will be essential at some point this year. This I have been looking forward to for sometime.

I know others have said it but the fact that Bloodworth 'sniffed Kyle' and played Mega Man Legends knowing that it would be Kyle's last HoGs is really rather wonderful.

Last edited:

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Jones is just gonna get a Kyle-doll to fill the space...
itsalwayssunnyseason3ep1header3-thumb-700xauto-201217.png

Seriously though, really sad to hear but good for him, not getting stuck in life and emotionally. Best of luck to him.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
The last Kyle EZA content should be a Betting Special based around his future life, results show in 10 years or so. The equivalent of a roasting through bets.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Still struggling to process this.

Same.

I might be off base but Kyle IS Easy Allies to me. I only stopped my Patreon pledge after I realised all I was paying for was getting Kyles podcast early. I'm not saying the rest of the group aren't great, shoutout to Ben for his consistent great work on Reviews and Frametrap, but Kyle is just something special. His dry humour and overflowing creativity with even the smallest of podcast segments just cannot be emulated or replaced.

Man, I'm so bummed about this.

That said, I think with Bens refinement and improvement over the last few years, I think he'd be a great stand-in on the podcast as the host, but I understand if they'd prefer to keep him on Frame Trap which is very much it's own pace and format.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about some of my favorite Bosman moments, remember that time when we all got introduced to that song he wrote about his roommate's cat?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
As much as it pains me to write it, I really don't think there is a "next" for us to share with Kyle. I honestly think he'll just hermit away for the rest of his life.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
Good, does he have his own twitch channel?
not (yet) that i'm aware of. he didn't give a time frame or anything but basically said "don't worry, you'll see me in the future, i like streaming and hanging with chat too much". i would be surprised if there's not an extended break after april, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to be concerned about never getting streams from him again in the future.

maxvsthegames

Jun 21, 2018
As much as it pains me to write it, I really don't think there is a "next" for us to share with Kyle. I honestly think he'll just hermit away for the rest of his life.

I agree that his Main Thing might not be in a the public view, like if he goes into Game Design or anything like that.
But he did tell us that he will definitely stream again and that, he could even become a full-time streamer if he could be both that and whatever is Main Thing will be.

So, it might take a while (I expect he will take all summer to figure things out), but he will definitely stream games again.

Last edited:

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
This is hitting me harder today than it was yesterday. I was in defense mode for EZA as a whole since I saw a lot of weird comments about how this is the end of EZA and what not. While that is obviously not true, Kyle will be greatly missed and this hurts. But as someone in a similar position (re: finding his main thing) I get it. I luckily have found my main thing and am about to move away from my hometown for a new adventure and new opportunity to continue to improve myself and do what I truly love. I am happy for him and hope he finds it sooner or later.

I am glad we still have another month and a half with him, so let's cherish it.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Kyle said he hates doing reactions.

I mean, if you look at what happened with the Google Presentation and his comments there (as well as him trying to avoid reactions he doesn't think will be something they're invested in), it makes sense.

It might be less reacting and more people reacting to his reactions.

Oct 28, 2017
I assume he hates how many views they get compared to the work that takes so much effort to put together.

Yeah, that has to be it.

Imagine creating something like Box Peek and seeing it have views that pale in comparison to videos of watching people watch Keanu Reeves walking out on a stage. Must be a right kick in the bollocks.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that has to be it.

Imagine creating something like Box Peek and seeing it have views that pale in comparison to videos of watching people watch Keanu Reeves walking out on a stage. Must be a right kick in the bollocks.
I doubt he's upset that they get tons of views. That's what the goal is. I would imagine it's more about the pressure to have a reaction. It's like if there were reviews on unboxing videos. It's pressure to perform on what is an undeniably stupid type of content.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Kyle said he hates doing reactions.
I think I'd hate it too. Especially given so much of EZA has been built on reactions, it has to be worrying that if they don't react "right" to something, they'll get backlash. And to be fair, our community has a pretty voracious appetite for their reactions to stuff. They're fun to watch, for sure. But it's tough on them because if they're just not into what they're reacting to, it becomes way less fun for everyone and almost feels like a waste of time. I mean, the Stadia event was such a bummer for everyone involved, including Stadia. I kinda lost my taste for those minor reaction streams after that. Just realized not everything was worth reacting to.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Does anyone have access to the slowed down toilet rap that Kyle plays during breaks or the Robot Party song? I've always wanted to listen to them and chat is never helpful live lol

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Wait, wait, I always heard "tortoise" in those lyrics. Now you're telling me

it's been toilet all the time?

And Bosman had the nerve to insist he was the "bathroom guy". Nah, Toilet Guy is accurate. Kyle the Toilet Guy now and forever.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Contentment is not something you can chase after. It's something you choose right here and now. New things or opportunities in your life don't bring new feelings with them, no matter how much you might hope that they do. That sounds bad, but, really, it puts everything in your hands. You can wake up tomorrow with everything being the exact same as it was yesterday and just feel totally different. You choose whether that different has to be good or bad.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
For me, contentment is not something I can chase after. It's something I choose right here and now. New things or opportunities in my life don't bring new feelings with them, no matter how much I might hope that they do. That sounds bad, but, really, it puts everything in my hands. I can wake up tomorrow with everything being the exact same as it was yesterday and just feel totally different. I choose whether that different has to be good or bad. But everyone is different!

PwrbSAC.gif

ObbyDent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I keep seeing people talk about Kyle (I think) sniffing somewhere and how it's apparently important. Can anyone illuminate my confusion lol

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I keep seeing people talk about Kyle (I think) sniffing somewhere and how it's apparently important. Can anyone illuminate my confusion lol

Probably talking about Blood "sniffing" Kyle during the Hall of Greats stream. Basically Blood knew Kyle was going to bring Mega Man Legends, and played the game so he could better understand Kyle's appreciation for it. Blood said "I sniffed you!" when he revealed he played it. Now in hindsight of it being Kyle's last HoG it means Blood took the time to finally play it because he knew it would be his last chance before Kyle left. Really nice thing for Bloodworth to do. He gave it 3 votes too!

ObbyDent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh duh I knew that lol

I don't know why I thought it was Kyle sniffing because he was sad or something

It really is something amazing that Blood did.

Oct 25, 2017
Fun Easy Update. Hope that artist (or anyone else, I suppose) is up to doing more because I'd love to see another round of this with other Allies.