• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This will really suck and I hope they can get someone else to do a weekly full playthrough solo series. The fan art and community vibes and recurring jokes and stuff were the best part. We had Ben doing that for a while too with some of my favourite series, Suikoden and Xenoblade (rip Tales of Vesperia). But I think they made a conscious effort to change to in-studio group streams and rotate games more often. Without Kyle, I don't think anyone will be doing something like this anymore. This blows.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm simultaneously not surprised Bosman decided to leave, given how he seemed to be in the most precarious financial situation of the Allies and his "I'll shitpost live on EZA media" approach (see his general treatment of PC gaming as an example) was always bound to backfire, but I'm surprised that he'd leave now. I guess I figured that if he didn't leave in the first year or two, he'd be there for the long haul.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've been out today with a couple of friends, the weird thing is that I couldn't really be myself because this news has been hanging over my head all evening. I've been a real downer these last couple of hours apparently.
I tried explaining it to one of my closer friends but he didn't really understand it haha.

I'm actually really surprised how hard this hit me, like really surprised.dI never thought people I never met could impact me this hard? I'm even more upset now then when GT shut down because then I always had hope they would stick together and do something in the future.

I'm still gonna follow Kyle, ofc I am, and I'm excited to see how Brandon does in the podcast seat, but I can't deny that I feel like a big part of me has left. I can't imagine how the rest of the allies feel.
Goodspeed Bosman.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I hope Jones carries on eventually. Idk with what other member, because I feel like it needs 2 for sure.

I always thought it was Bosman. You could always read or see him being a little different than the rest of the group and not wanting to do Final Bosman. I think at first I agreed but now I feel like Ian is just as essential as Bosman but in a behind the scenes making things tick kinda way.
I remember Kyle not wanting to do a Final Bosman type show for EZA...but one of the first things he did after EZA came together was an independent "Bosman at Home" show on his own YouTube channel...which was basically The Final Bosman on a budget lol.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3-4 years is a good amount of time to spend in one place. Hope he does find his Main Thing.

Also RIP fantasy league.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Even he is in a similar situation (well, besides escaping from Kotaku)

Hah! I know it's a joke. He is just my favorite voice in the industry outside of EZA.

I feel like it'll be the 8 of them for awhile which is good and should help them grow in their own roles and maybe expand and challenge the 8 left in new ways rather than relying on bringing in someone new

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I wish Brandon had been more pushy with Kyle. You know he's the type of creator who works way better with a producer/editor who's on his case all the time.

Oct 25, 2017
I love EZA, but I won't lie, this kinda sapped my desire to watch some EZA stuff right now.

I got the podcast still to watch, but I kinda dont want to right now.

Anyone else feel the same?

Oct 25, 2017
I love EZA, but I won't lie, this kinda sapped my desire to watch some EZA stuff right now.

I've been watching the reruns they've been showing on Twitch and chatting with chat and it's been nice. So much love there right now. It's made it easier for me at least.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I've felt that way for the past 6 months but for different reasons. Watching EZA was so directly tied to my decade-long relationship that ended at the end of last summer. I got to a point where I kind of forced myself to marathon what I watched and it made me feel better and helped me get through all of the nonsense.

Now I'm watching more EZA than ever. Never really watched Fiasconauts and now i'm going through all of it.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest loss is how much Kyle challenged the group.

Both during the podcast, and during streams. Kyle would confront an ally, and force them to explain themselves.

It is night and day, how other podcasts/streams just route tell headlines... whatever... that happened...anyways....

I hope Jones can take up the mantle and provide a unique angle to the news.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017

Ugh, same here. Saw the podcast and Kyle's announcement email at the same time this afternoon while checking my phone at a already very depressing supplies trip to Target this afternoon. What a gut punch.

Pretty much in quarantine with just my dog right now just trying to keep my mind off all the depressing things, and two of the main things that I usually lean on, sports (NCAA Tournament is literally my favorite event of the year) and EZA are just bummers right now!

I know I'll be fine with the EZA stuff soon. I'll check out a few minutes of Kyle's stream in a few...It's just, mannn. It's just another unexpected blow in a year full of unexpected awfulness.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest loss is how much Kyle challenged the group.

Both during the podcast, and during streams. Kyle would confront an ally, and force them to explain themselves.

It is night and day, how other podcasts/streams just route tell headlines... whatever... that happened...anyways....

I hope Jones can take up the mantle and provide a unique angle to the news.

That's one reason I like Ben and feel like he could do a good job. He tends to ask these sorts of questions on frame trap while still keeping things light. It's one of the reasons why frame trap is so great.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium

I watched the podcast after I read and saw the news and still enjoyed it a lot, but I can understand how you feel.
I do think the podcast is worth a watch, but there is no reason to force yourself to watch it right away if you don't feel like it.

I am usually relatively good in dealing with bad news and it seems like I take it a bit less hard than a lot of you guys.
But I do have the feeling I don't completely understand it yet though and I know I will miss Kyle a lot once he's really gone.

Though I do feel really bad about going off on Kyle that one time about the betting special results. It's been a long time since and I don't think he's departure has a lot to do with stuff like that, but I really hope the extreme reactions he sometimes gets on stuff like this or some of the HoG presentations (including from me that time) didn't have to with this decision. There hasn't been a betting special since and I don't read comments enough to know how much stuff like that he gets thrown at him, but I can't even imagine how difficult that must be if he's someone who cares about that stuff (some people are better with comments like that than others).

Kyle made me watch GT more frequently which made me fall in love with all EZA members over time even before EZA was even a thing.
I think he's uniquely talented and artistic and I really hope I will find my way to his next creation since I'm sure it's going to be great.

Again, I wish him all the best and I know he will find good opportunities for himself (he's very talented after all), but I can't help but hoping that it's all a bit.

Last edited:

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Been a fan since the GT days.
Kyle will do great in anything he chooses to do. They're such a great gang of guys, and i'll always support them

n.jpg

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Relaying a post from the gaming thread on Kyle's departure about what Kyle's been saying in his stream tonight, since Kyle addressed a lot of concerns:

So far on stream:

- States Box Peek kept him around probably longer than he would have originally. He wanted to finish Box Peek before he left, and when he finished it that's when he seriously looked at where his life is going and what his "true thing" is.

- LOVES streaming. Will continue to stream in the future in whatever endeavor he pursues (ex. chiseling marble)

- Cali has never felt like home, wherever he goes next (NY being appealing) will be Main Thing first location second (ex. where to go to chisel marble).

- Still doing RE3 with Huber

- Told the guys in the beginning of January. Also told Keighley ahead of time.

- Hands-off on Together We RPG, still all in on

- Has to leave May 1st because currently he's on a waitlist for a Master's degree at a university (he's not even supposed to really say he's on a waitlist so he's definitely not telling us what school lol)

- No more Reactions lol one of his least favorite things to do

- Will try to incorporate comedy in whatever he does in the future.

- He might just start swearing.

- He will dab on stream before leaving.

- Easy Allies is split 9 ways so he won't own any intellectual property once he leaves. Also wants it to be a clean cut so he won't have any recurrent segments. But happy to make cameos. Guys were sad he's leaving but supportive and understanding.

- No replacement as 9th person any time soon, but obviously could be possibility.

- Leaving Rufus with podcast

- Parents knew he was leaving when he made the parents podcast

- Did you feel you're not growing through Easy Allies: Kinda, grew threw Box Peek but it's hard to say. It just feels emotional.

- Doubts he will ever leave public eye.

- Will finish Never Too Late to Dreamcast

- Podcast: Sick Owls will disband, can't be exact same show with Jones taking over so it will definitely be more "Jone-sy" so he'll let Jones explain it on his own time. The two weeks he was gone where Jones replaced him was unfortunate timing, and will not be what the podcast will look like in the future.

- Wants to "create" more than react. But unsure lol

- Unsure how much he wants to "haunt" Easy Allies for example with a picture hanging on a wall lol but will keep his emotes

- Most likely will work with Keighley again but it'll be difficult due to not living in LA.

- Will finally release Robot Party!!!

- Coronavirus has definitely complicated his plans, like for example in a month if he's not able to leave LA. But nothing compared to the effect it's had on other people's lives, it's nothing so he can't complain.

- Will be on April Community Showcase.

- Emotional when he told the guys but held it together. Definitely hard to click send on patreon post, but it's a relief from the weight of keeping this secret. Devastated when he saw Huber's tweet though.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I've posted yet in OT3. Hey.

Pretty much passed out in the evening yesterday and woke up to the news. I was surprised by how much it hit me. Easy Allies have gotten me through some very hard times, and I can usually count on them to cheer me up or put a smile on my face. Kyle and his particular brand of humour was a big part of that.

Watching him talk it out on Twitch did help a lot, though (and talking to the lovely people in the Era discord). Despite how much I'll miss his presence in EZA (and damn, do I already miss him), I'm excited for him and wish him all of the best. I hope the change in scenery and routine will give him some purpose and happiness once again. I'll continue to watch and support EZA, and when he's ready, I'll tune into his streams. Love and respect.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
If they were to add someone new, even in a limited capacity, it should be Jess if she'd be up for it. She's great.

EDIT: I also agree that changing up hosts for Frame Trap and the EZA podcast would probably be the best way to handle things. Then Brandon wouldn't have to change who he is and what he's good at to fit as a host for the EZA podcast and Ben could come in and kill it. I feel it's absolutely essential for the Allies that the "reboot" of the podcast is a success.
I'll be okay if Ben was the EZA podcast host, if he added other news beside gaming like anime then i'm 100% on board with that

As for Jess, Did they know?

Last edited:

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I hope for the best for Kyle in his future endeavors.

I think Kyle probably brought the most unique tone to EZA compared to everyone else. I love all the allies, but there was just something that Kyle brought to the team in the way he challenged them all a lot and brought out the best responses and reactions in people. His humor was very unique and just sassy enough to get a funny response out of everyone but not enough to make people mad.

MAN I'm going to miss the guy. He really was so important to EZA. They're going to be great going forward, but there will be something missing that will permeate the entire company and output in some way, shape, or form.

mowmow

Aug 22, 2018
Maybe because I have been watching these guys since GT, but hearing this announcement affected me more than I thought it would. I know Kyle will go on and do great and whatever he will eventually do.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about how much last week's Easy Update cracked me up, and how the other allies' humour, while different, also brought me a lot of joy. And then I remembered we probably wouldn't get a Kyle and Ian new years Easy Update again. 😢

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about how much last week's Easy Update cracked me up, and how the other allies' humour, while different, also brought me a lot of joy. And then I remembered we probably wouldn't get a Kyle and Ian new years Easy Update again. 😢
I also think back to thinking about how Kyle seemed somewhat disconnected when talking about the future of EZA. I think I even posted about it on here. Turns out that video was probably only a week or so after he announced his departure.

Edit: yeah, this is what I said back then. I think I must have read into it pretty correctly in hindsight.

Great video. Just finished it. Kyle seems like he's not in a great place mentally. Like his heart just isn't in the business anymore. Hope he starts feeling better and that he stays with EZA (not that he made any kind of implication that he would leave; just my own thoughts based on this video).
A lot of it was how you describe for sure. But some things, like him saying how he's not excited at all about a PS5 reveal, and the only thing he says about EZA for 2020 is he wants it to be more weird, and how he doesn't really have anything to say about games for 2020 and wonders if it really matters. It seems like he just doesn't really care anymore, to a greater-than-normal extent.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a good portion of Kyle's stream and the summary above is decent. One thing I'd add:

- Last pod will just be just Jones and Kyle. Him "handing" the pod over to Jones. Jones has his own ideas for the pod.

It's past 3am, and my thoughts are all over the place with everything going on so I won't get in to this right now. But EZA, with or without Kyle, has always been a group that masters the "hard," like having unmatched charisma, chemistry, knowledge and just being "decent" people while also hilariously failing at the "easy" things. For instance, they haven't tweeted once about Kyle leaving or his stream tonight. Feel bad for the rest of the audience that hasn't had that bandaid "ripped" off yet.

Also, not sure what form this comes in, but some type of show or pod just about them getting psyched for next-gen while also reflecting on the highs and lows of this gen as it comes to an end.

And bets! Bring those back! With fun and jolly stakes rather than ones with not so fun consequences.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
Just me being overemotional

Since seeing the announcement yesterday, I have been feeling numb. It's like a situation that feels so surreal and you are waiting to wake up from the dream, but the dream just won't stop. After sleeping over the night, and now waking up in the morning, it finally hit me that this definitely isn't a dream.

I guess, this all sounds very exaggerated, but I have been seeing him and listening to him for the past 4 years, so it's hard to just be like "It's not a big deal". A lot of other people have already said that, but yes, to me it also feels like an old friend leaving, with me having no way to contact them again. Which isn't even true, as Kyle does say that he will eventually return to streaming, even if he doesn't know when. But even then, it won't be the same. I love Kyle Bosman, but I love him even more together with the other Allies, because it creates interesting and fun dynamics.

If Kyle happens to read this, I'm not writing this to make him feel bad or anything, I just want to say thank you for all the great content that he has given us over the years. I'm kinda surprised how much this announcement has hit me, and part of the reason why I'm feeling so numb is, because I suddenly also started thinking more about my own life and what I want to do. There are a lot of things that I'm uncertain about it in my life, and I have no idea where life is going to take me in the future, which is very scary to me. Finding your "main thing", is very relatable and I hope Kyle manages to find whatever he is looking for.

Now I also feel like, its time for me to actually start finding the things that truly make me happy. I'm not sure what it is yet, but that will hopefully change soon.
Once again, thanks for everything. Of course, I will continue to watch and support the other Allies. Over the years, they have all become important to me.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a more lighter note, this month's Reaction Shots is worth watching, especially since's available to everyone

Huber's reaction to a commentator's Friday the 13th movie ranking is hilarious