• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I really enjoyed this HoG as well. I liked all the presentations in general and honestly really liked Ian's presentation a lot this time. It was well made and Ian clearly spent a lot of time on it.

While I probably would have chosen different games from this batch (it was an other strong batch of games and I haven't played one of the top 2), the chosen games clearly do belong in any Hall Of Greats. They for sure deserved to be in. There really wasn't anything I could complain about.

Last edited:

baltic

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, probably no bets special, unless they do like a rest of 2020 betting special and the results show in january.

Been thinking that too but I've changed my mind since yesterday: I think we could get one of the most loosy-goosy betting special in a long time.

E3 being canceled and all the content being thrown at the audience in an uncertain format sure must be fuel for Bosman/Huber to come up with a good edition. Hope it comes to fruition.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
If Ian wants his games to get in he needs to do a straightforward, heartfelt presentation. (Yes I know he already did one for SH2)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't care where games are from, I care how good they are

... and they picked two games that are overwhelmingly recognized as good.

I thought you meant "boring" as in "safe" which would still be a little silly. WoW isn't for everything but it's hard to deny its importance and quality over its lifetime and you don't think Doom is good enough to be in a video game Hall of Greats?

Say what?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
... and they picked two games that are overwhelmingly recognized as good.

I thought you meant "boring" as in "safe" which would still be a little silly. WoW isn't for everything but it's hard to deny its importance and quality over its lifetime and you don't think Doom is good enough to be in a video game Hall of Greats?

Say what?
I wasn't commenting on how good those games are, I was commenting on the idea that a game's country of origin should be considered when voting just to make the list "even"

Dec 8, 2019
silent hill 2 has been brought by Ian 4 times now, it's definitely a lost cause, maybe if Ben brought it they'd have a better chance, because that's a guaranteed 3 from Ian and Bens on a hot streak of presentations getting votes

Oct 25, 2017
silent hill 2 has been brought by Ian 4 times now, it's definitely a lost cause, maybe if Ben brought it they'd have a better chance, because that's a guaranteed 3 from Ian and Bens on a hot streak of presentations getting votes
That's a really good point. Maybe after the EZX full playthrough, Damiani will nominate it and it can get those crucial threes from Ben AND Ian that might otherwise be lost.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Having witnessed the upcoming Mysterious Monsters episode in person, I can assure you it is a BANGER

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Lawrence AND Bruce?!?

hot damn, this MM is sure to be a fucking wild time

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
If you were somehow invited to participate in a Hall of Greats, what game, that you think another Ally would never bring, would you present?

I think I could make a good case for The Last Guardian but to avoid the groans I would choose one of my all-time favorite games: Beyond Good & Evil. The characters, the heart, the music, the photography, the hoverboat, I love that game to bits and it is definitely a Great.

Rayman 2!

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
If there isn't a Nintendo Direct or equivalent from other companies during the week of E3 (which I think is highly unlikely), it would be really fun if they did a live reaction stream to past E3 conferences that week. Something like the conferences where the PS4 and Xbox One were announced or E3 2010 since that was ten years ago.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I can't see a lot of companies not streaming their press-conference or Direct type of stream during E3.
A that a lot of the things they were going to present is already done or close to done. I don't see them throwing away all that work.

Deleted member 42164

User requested account closure
Apr 15, 2018
If there isn't a Nintendo Direct or equivalent from other companies during the week of E3 (which I think is highly unlikely), it would be really fun if they did a live reaction stream to past E3 conferences that week. Something like the conferences where the PS4 and Xbox One were announced or E3 2010 since that was ten years ago.
I think that would be a cool stream regardless of how E3 2020 turns out. Looking back at how things turned out since the announcement etc.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Was the edited show version of Never Too Late To Dreamcast a one off then?

Maybe now E3 is cancelled, they can spend that week teaching all the allies how to edit shows. I call it Edit Everything, Ediots.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Was the edited show version of Never Too Late To Dreamcast a one off then?

Maybe now E3 is cancelled, they can spend that week teaching all the allies how to edit shows. I call it Edit Everything, Ediots.
Kyle edited Box Peek and the last episode of Never Too Late To Dreamcast. I'm sure he knows how to edit.
I believe most of the Allies have some experience with editing by now. I think Damiani and Ben edit Friend Code and Frame Trap respectively for example.

Yoh

Nov 19, 2017
The E3 aftermaths is what i'm going to miss the most.
We'll still have their reaction to the digital presentations but the Allies coming back from E3 and telling their tales at the showfloor along side the out of control nature during the streams is something that I cherished quite a bit.
Remember when a few came back from the showfloor and started talking about Breath of the Wild for an hour or how Huber loses it at some point during the live podcast because Damiani shook his salad. Even Damiani leaning back during the stream just outside the camera frame so he can nap without being suspected (except by Kyle).
Having also people showing up was really nice, Craig from ScrewAttack(now GameAttack) showed up at some point during the GT days and started talking about E3 with Kyle and Elyse.

It's the whole hanging out vibe during that week that I'll yearn most, at the very least the Allies won't be as fatigue.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I do not understand Otoshi.... Never have, never will. I am curious if he has the rest of chat blocked and just screams his stuff into the void of himself.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Just finished the Hall of Greats stream. Really good stream. And holy hell Ian's presentation was awesome. And Brandon's gave me chills.

Not sure about the new voting system. I'd like to know why it was changed just out of interest. I miss the monologues of deliberation the Allies could previously talk to the camera about mainly.

Also, it feels like Portal vs Portal 2 all over again, but Guitar Hero 3 is far and away the peak of that franchise. There's no way that Guitar Hero 2 should be representing that franchise if it did get the votes. Not only is it the game that has the legendary TTFAF that's now known throughout gaming culture, but it's just a better game. Just to pull out Bosmans criticism, they actually gave the avatars some personality. They put some money into the budget and increased the overall production value of the game a hell of a lot.

It's just better basically.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Not sure about the new voting system. I'd like to know why it was changed just out of interest. I miss the monologues of deliberation the Allies could previously talk to the camera about mainly.

They changed it so chat won't know who the winner is before the votes are counted. Before you could tally up the votes yourself if you wanted (and spoil it for the rest of chat). Not sure I get the part about missing the monologues, those still happened and I feel like this HoG was actually the longest they've spent explaining their choices to the cam.