• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
potentially, as long they could run their mic setup through it. the heart of the issue is that XSplit is absolutely crushing the quality out of any audio that it captures itself, and included in that is their mic setup. i need to get a better understanding of how they feed their audio into the PC because that could probably be worked around so that XSplit would treat it the same way it does with their captured HDMI audio and doesn't re-compress it.
Is every source and the encoder set to 44.1khz or 48khz or mixed? That could also be a way for it to freakout.

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
I know it was just fortunate timing/luck last night, but having an EZA game stream right after/before a reaction stream seems like a good way to get way more eyeballs on standard eza content.
They had way more viewers than usual stream team streams. I think a Mike and mike stream had a similar the other week as it lead into a Nintendo direct reaction stream.

Obviously with everyone's packed schedule, how last-minute these things can be and the weird times they sometimes start, this won't always be possible. But I think it's worth considering.

It's like how networks always put a show they want to boost after the Super Bowl.

Oct 27, 2017
I know it was just fortunate timing/luck last night, but having an EZA game stream right after/before a reaction stream seems like a good way to get way more eyeballs on standard eza content.
They had way more viewers than usual stream team streams. I think a Mike and mike stream had a similar the other week as it lead into a Nintendo direct reaction stream.

Obviously with everyone's packed schedule, how last-minute these things can be and the weird times they sometimes start, this won't always be possible. But I think it's worth considering.

It's like how networks always put a show they want to boost after the Super Bowl.
Yes i agree and they should try to do it as much as possible. Whenever a shadowdrop or demodrop happens during a Direct/SoP/InsideXB they should really try to jump on that and have a stream right away.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I don't think it's a bad idea, but do remember that not everybody that likes watching them react to a direct or a press conference necessarily likes watching them play video games.

I personally enjoy watching people play games, I already loved watching friends play games before streaming video was even a widespread thing (hell, most people didn't have internet yet), but I know there are plenty of people who don't like that at all and don't understand why you would watch something like that.

I am not convinced it would change all that much, but it certainly wouldn't hurt if it fits their schedule.

Last edited:

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else here have an uncanny ability to predict the final review score based on the last few lines of the review?

I think I've gotten the last ten spot on.

I don't know what this means, I just found it pretty interesting.
i don't even watch the reviews and i can predict the score very accurately just basing of what i know about the game pre-release and who is reviewing it.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
hey everyone I made an edit of Brandon and Kyle's 1st Pokemon Silver stream. I'm teaching myself how to edit so I thought it would be good practice. I tried to include all the major jokes and keeping the continuity of the game intact. My goal was to get it to 20 minutes but that seems impossible without losing a lot of value. And I also made some of my own comedy edits. last 60 seconds is pretty good for a laugh. actual the entire dunsparce segment is pretty good i think.

Not sure I'm going to more. Don't pester me for it plz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng5vhlDlyFs

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
hey everyone I made an edit of Brandon and Kyle's 1st Pokemon Silver stream. I'm teaching myself how to edit so I thought it would be good practice. I tried to include all the major jokes and keeping the continuity of the game intact. My goal was to get it to 20 minutes but that seems impossible without losing a lot of value. And I also made some of my own comedy edits. last 60 seconds is pretty good for a laugh. actual the entire dunsparce segment is pretty good i think.

This is great! Can't wait for episode 2 ;)

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i was curious who the person was who makes all the twitch clips and is in every single stream making unfunny remarks (otoshi_gami) and saw the he's a huge trump supporter. it all makes sense now.

May 30, 2018
There has not been any sort of evidence posted, let's not just assume this person is right.

haha i'm not gonna take one post as word. even just went through otoshi's twitter and didn't really see anything concerning. i'd be impressed if they have time to support awful people in between making twitch clips and quoting the allies - i swear they're in every stream chat i've ever been in

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Thinking that everyone that supports Trump is a bad person is at best naive.

Ignorant people can support Trump and be kind hearted. Misguided people can support him and think they are right, despite being absolutely decent human beings.

There are mental gymnastics involved for sure, the more they think about it. But also, confronting their actual world view and kindness with what Trump says or does may be the way to a change in opinion.
People that support someone, WANT to believe they are right.

Now, if you actually believe immigrants are inferior, if you actually support the further degradation of lower and middle classes... Then yeah, you're just a bad person.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where did you see that?
otoshi is a trumper? that's bonkers news. they don't follow anyone on or post on twitter about or around trump
haha i'm not gonna take one post as word. even just went through otoshi's twitter and didn't really see anything concerning. i'd be impressed if they have time to support awful people in between making twitch clips and quoting the allies - i swear they're in every stream chat i've ever been in

scroll through his likes, it's 90% EZA/nerd stuff and 10% positive trump news.

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018

Loved this, thanks for sharing!

Link Gray

Oct 27, 2017
I was watching Maximilian stream awhile ago and what do you know, Otoshi was in the chat but he was acting pretty normal so I dunno

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Who cares who otoshi gami is? He's just a random eza fan who makes weird bot-like comments in chat. He's still just a random eza fan who makes weird bot-like comments in chat.

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Awesome work man.

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Otoshi makes so many clips about nothing that sometimes finding something in EZA twitch clip channel is almost impossible. Also, not a fan of repeating almost every single thing spoken by Allies. He's literally like a bot. I've blocked him a long time ago.

Last edited:

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So how are the towns in The Last of Us Part 2?

(Let's all focus on EZA stuff and move on from discussing individual EZA fans, yeah?)

Also Don's Design Lab and the last episode of Mysterious Monsters were amazing.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I wonder if they'll have a preview video ready to go as soon as the TLOU2 embargo is up? Which is in... 1 minute I think?

EDIT: They did

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
HdVEVwJ.png

Ooo, fancy

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I watched the preview and while it still looks great some of it looks a bit downgraded from the 2018 reveal.
the part at the end where Ellie throws the bottle at the head of the enemy, the lightning looks off and if you pause once the enemy is insured you can see that the blood/injuries look pasted on and floaty above the model.

Still loving what I see but it feels like the 2018 game-play was edited and beautified.

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the preview and while it still looks great some of it looks a bit downgraded from the 2018 reveal.
the part at the end where Ellie throws the bottle at the head of the enemy, the lightning looks off and if you pause once the enemy is insured you can see that the blood/injuries look pasted on and floaty above the model.

Still loving what I see but it feels like the 2018 game-play was edited and beautified.
Must've been showing the PS5 version back in 2018...

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Today's Mana stream was fantastic to begin with, but once more and more allies joined it kept becoming better and better.

Great stuff.

yay for Phase 4

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Today's Mana stream was fantastic to begin with, but once more and more allies joined it kept becoming better and better.

Great stuff.

yay for Phase 4
Even for people that don't really like streams, it's just nice for them to be around the studio more often. It's good for everyone, because they're usually shooting stuff on those days, too.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Just started to watch the Zelda play through, shame for the power outage, the stream in the studio was soooo jolly but Damiani is doing a good job from home too.
Feels a bit like there are a lot of technical issues in the studio or maybe I notice them more because they stream more?
Did they get the new internet connection yet?

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
I haven't had time to really watch streams the last couple of weeks - do we know if there are any updates on the other shows they announced yet? Huber's Prison of Love, the Board Game show, Trailer Jones new format, or more Don't Skips? I forget what else is coming.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had time to really watch streams the last couple of weeks - do we know if there are any updates on the other shows they announced yet? Huber's Prison of Love, the Board Game show, Trailer Jones new format, or more Don't Skips? I forget what else is coming.
Yeah i'm also waiting for these. Huber's Prison and Achieve it yourself were filmed last week if i'm not mistaken. I was expecting one of them this week... but i guess not

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Jones ordered new graphics for Trailer Jones and they aren't quite finished, iirc.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't look downgraded at all to me. I think that Gamers are just being ridiculous again.

Status
Not open for further replies.