• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I have seen it being used in other places as well this year (on some other youtube channels eg.).
I think shadowdrop is being used more and more in the industry and it's awesome.

I really like the term. You immediately understand what it means.

Congrats, Ian.

You can Google:
erica game shadowdrop
or
erica game shadow drop

and you will find multiple outlets using the term now.

edit:
It's even on Urban Dictionary apparently, but that might have been an EZA fan.

Last edited:

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Where was shadow drop used first? Wanna rewatch that.
Been watching the allies steam since the nindies thing and am kind a beat now. Good shows all in all. Stadia and Xbox was kind a weak. I like what I am seeing from DS but that game is going to confuse ppl. Hope that this will be a yearly thing now.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Isn't a Shadow Drop a formerly unannounced game getting an immediate release after the reveal? Do we now need a deluxe version of the phrase because Keighley used it wrong?

I liked to imagine Kyle cringing at "strand on your feet" lol

Oct 27, 2017
That Death Stranding gameplay brought my hype to 0 . Geoff being excited like a 7y old boy cause he's in the game was a bit embarassing to watch lol

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I tried to turn off the Death stranding section but ended up seeing the gameplay and mama parts, got extremely hyped and I can't wait for the game

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I don't mind how he reacted. I understand his excitement about it.
I don't care for the game myself (never really have before this gameplay trailer either), but that's just me. It doesn't really have anything to do with the game necessarily. It just doesn't look like something I'm interested in playing.

It will probably be good to great, it's just not something I get excited for.

I have played and finished MGS2 on the PS2 and played a bit of MGSV and they are ok, but not really my jam.
I like watching someone play them, but I suck at them and it's not my thing.

Also, I enjoyed MGS2 somewhat (story wise was difficult not having played MGS1) and I'm totally fine with having a lot of cutscenes (the Yakuza games have a lot of cutscenes as well), but it felt like that game had 5 hours of gameplay and 15 hours or cutscenes.

I'm happy for people being excited for Death Stranding and I hope it will be great, but I'm not one of them.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
If the baby cries when you're hurt i don't think i could make it through death stranding, shit would get irritating fast

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
If the baby cries when you're hurt i don't think i could make it through death stranding, shit would get irritating fast
It's like Yoshi's Island all over again

I am not impressed by any of Death Stranding's gameplay shown so far. The story/characters look interesting but I sure hope the gameplay aspects that have been held back are compelling.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
What is this a parody of? It's good.
sIlLYXQ.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't a Shadow Drop a formerly unannounced game getting an immediate release after the reveal? Do we now need a deluxe version of the phrase because Keighley used it wrong?
I think EZA has used it for both announced and unannounced games (ie, I recall them using it when they released the BotW DLC during the Game Awards). I always thought it meant releasing any game during a press conference/direct.

Yeah, I'm officially way less hyped for Death Stranding if that's the case. I guess you just have to make sure you don't mindlessly walk off a cliff while staring at a hologram of Geoff Keighley dancing. Or whatever he was doing.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the existence of Easy Update, I don't want it to exist. Ian is my favorite ally so I'm forced to watch Easy Update not to miss an actually good episode. I want him to cancel it and take the good ideas and develop them into actual shows instead of whatever Easy Update is.

Do you really think posting negative shit like this is gonna help achieve your goal? Keep it constructive or don't post.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I don't mind how he reacted. I understand his excitement about it.
I don't care for the game myself (never really have before this gameplay trailer either), but that's just me. It doesn't really have anything to do with the game necessarily. It just doesn't look like something I'm interested in playing.

It will probably be good to great, it's just not something I get excited for.

I have played and finished MGS2 on the PS2 and played a bit of MGSV and they are ok, but not really my jam.
I like watching someone play them, but I suck at them and it's not my thing.

Also, I enjoyed MGS2 somewhat (story wise was difficult not having played MGS1) and I'm totally fine with having a lot of cutscenes (the Yakuza games have a lot of cutscenes as well), but it felt like that game had 5 hours of gameplay and 15 hours or cutscenes.

I'm happy for people being excited for Death Stranding and I hope it will be great, but I'm not one of them.

I can't imagine playing MGS2 without having played the original, it would lose so much of its impact. Not just the story continuation but everything from the level design and scenarios which are reminiscent of the original but totally turn the game on its head, subverting expectations at every point, the most infamous of which is the protagonist twist.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
I'm going to really enjoy watching the Allies play Death Stranding and talk about it on their spoiler mode.

Great reactions today too

Remember Me

Apr 3, 2018
Spain
Only wanted to say that, even though I din't like the last episode of it, I love Easy Update. Ian is a genius and Easy Update is the perfect opportunity for him to be as creative as he wants. So I hope it lasts for a long time.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I can't imagine playing MGS2 without having played the original, it would lose so much of its impact. Not just the story continuation but everything from the level design and scenarios which are reminiscent of the original but totally turn the game on its head, subverting expectations at every point, the most infamous of which is the protagonist twist.
Oh, for sure. I also remembering not being able to follow some of the names of everything and I remember just letting some of the codec conversations run in the background while surfing the web because they took 50 minutes or so. (Btw, I knew about Snake not being in most of the game before I got the game and I did watch a friend play some parts of MGS1 years before playing MGS2).

Playing the game in English while it's not my mother tongue (I was 18 or so) probably didn't help either. It was in a time where broadband internet wasn't around all that long, so I wasn't as exposed to English as kids are nowadays. I believe we got dial-up internet from when I was 15 or 16 and broadband (1Mbps down I believe) a couple of years later (so probably around the time MGS2 released).

I do agree it wasn't the most optimal way of playing that game (and Kojima's somewhat convoluted stories). I did enjoy it though, but I never bought MGS3 because I realised with MGS2 that the genre wasn't really for me. It stresses me out way too much.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just checked Twitch and the only recording of the Opening Night Live show is the Death Stranding bit. :( Will the full show be online to rewatch soon?

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I straightforward don't understand how Death Stranding doesn't shoot right to the top of everyone's desire index after seeing the shameful Norman Reedus peeing demo.

Only natural that it's that fetish of his that Kojima brings to Germany.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Just checked Twitch and the only recording of the Opening Night Live show is the Death Stranding bit. :( Will the full show be online to rewatch soon?
I hope so, because I have watched and missed a lot of stuff in between.
I was at work when it started, but missed part of Xbox, all of stadia and some of the Opening Live Show.
I straightforward don't understand how Death Stranding doesn't shoot right to the top of everyone's desire index after seeing the shameful Norman Reedus peeing demo.

Only natural that it's that fetish of his that Kojima brings to Germany.
You mean like how you could get peed on in first person in MGS2 (with yellow droplets splattering on the camera when you looked up to a railing on the ship)? I do remember reading about that in a magazine back in the day.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany

Kojima is the Tarantino of video games urophilia.

You mean like how you could get peed on in first person in MGS2 (with yellow droplets splattering on the camera when you looked up to a railing on the ship)? I do remember reading about that in a magazine back in the day.

What an auteur! Truly the last director in the business who is allowed to have both a uncompromising, deeply personal vision as well as commercial success.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, that Death Stranding gameplay dehyped me. It's just a small slice, but it's the most gameplay we have seen.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i like that they have no idea how to play the game and don't even try to understand lol. normally that would make me furious as a competitive person but the jolly vibes makes this great.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
What an auteur! Truly the last director in the business who is allowed to have both a uncompromising, deeply personal vision as well as commercial success.
I think he deserves praise for what he has done for the video game industry. The games are just not for me.
I'm not as negative on him as you are (I honestly don't mind little easter eggs like that which a lot of people won't even notice), but I'm absolutely not hyped for Death Stranding either.

I do think it will probably have good scores and that a lot of people will love the games. It happens a lot that the games winning awards are not the games I like to play (and that's fine).

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Huh? There's literally three different clips with the full show.

Full all-day archive

Opening Night Live with Pre and Post Show

Opening Night Live show only (although I may delete this one. Just did it for safety after I heard the copyrighted music)

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
We finally had a chance to make some improvements!

The guests were all great and this game was wild. Next month's (already filmed) is arguably even MORE wild.
I don't even see how that could be possible, but I'm extremely excited for it. Thanks for all the great work you do, Jason!

Status
Not open for further replies.