• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The Dave Meltzer of EZA reports in the latest Observer:

Kyle going in hard on Damiani surprised people backstage. Based on what he's been told the remarks made on a recent FrameTrap about a truce period in trolling were accurate and that truce was in effect as of a week ago. If Kyle and Damiani agreed to restart hostilities in front of the camera none of the Allies knew anything about it. This is alarming because tensions between Kyle and Damiani have been high off-camera ever since the ALttP non-stream and culminated in a huge spat about the inclusion of four Zelda towns without Skyloft in a Top Ten last year. The Kyle solo Top 10 afterwards was actually a result of Bosman briefly refusing to cooperate on another list with Damiani or any of the allies who took his side (Don, Brad, Ben, Blood, if you're wondering).

Gotta say, I'm surprisingly pumped for Phase 4, even though I have no idea what's coming.

New Patreon tier to be able to vote in HoG tie-breakers, only accessible to backers $10 and up who voted for PSO in the latest poll.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They put in effort but it's still just for fun.
Well yeah, but just shitting on these efforts, even if these efforts are for fun, was kinda wack imo. You can see it on some of the Allies' faces afterwards, too. It's not like it's the end of the world, I just would've preferred if he didn't troll the entire thing so hard. Especially since Brad wasn't there.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I can't speak for them, but I doubt it.

Twitch Studio is aimed directly at new streamers, and it's not meant to compete with any of the more advanced options to get a stream on Twitch, like Streamlabs or Xsplit. The idea is to expand the range of people who are streaming on Twitch. Right now, the platform overwhelmingly plays host to video game streams, though it's expanding into other domains of live entertainment, like sports and music.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
It's probably going to be a bit lacking in features for a group like EZA, yeah, but I gotta say sounds like a cool addition to Twitch. And who knows, it might not be competing with the advanced programs now but maybe it will someday. Certainly something I'll keep an eye on.

DocRemedy

Oct 31, 2017

Kyle going in hard on Damiani surprised people backstage. Based on what he's been told the remarks made on a recent FrameTrap about a truce period in trolling were accurate and that truce was in effect as of a week ago. If Kyle and Damiani agreed to restart hostilities in front of the camera none of the Allies knew anything about it. This is alarming because tensions between Kyle and Damiani have been high off-camera ever since the ALttP non-stream and culminated in a huge spat about the inclusion of four Zelda towns without Skyloft in a Top Ten last year. The Kyle solo Top 10 afterwards was actually a result of Bosman briefly refusing to cooperate on another list with Damiani or any of the allies who took his side (Don, Brad, Ben, Blood, if you're wondering).

New Patreon tier to be able to vote in HoG tie-breakers, only accessible to backers $10 and up who voted for PSO in the latest poll.
You, all the kudos to you.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I have no idea what this is but I love it. I can only hope the next phase of their relationship takes a turn based on discussion of best dopamines.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I voted for PSO even though I've never played it, because I think Monster Hunter owes a great debt to it, and that's one of my favorite series ever.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Oct 30, 2017
No one can tell me that Damiani wants to be on camera during these livestreams. It is so obvious how uncomfortable he is and I'm not surprised by how shook he was during that cross examination in the slightest. Kyle is the completely opposite. His one regret is probably that he didn't run into the frame before he got started.

brightsons

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this HoG was pretty damn entertaining and really liked Kyle going so hard at Bioshock and Ian's presentation. Was really hoping Halo or Burnout would get in but maybe another time.

Get out there and vote for PSO people!

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else get inappropriate recommendations from youtube when watching the podcast there? Like usually youtubes algorithm has me pretty well pegged and puts stuff i'm 99% interested in next to vids i watch from my subs, but everytime i watch the EZA patreon podcast it goes nuts.
This week it's Fox news, pro trump channels, samsung sucks just stuff i don't usually see anywhere else. Is it because the video is unlisted? Like i open last weeks podcast up and most of the side videos are stuff i'm interested in.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'd prefer it if they left the HoG until all of the Allies are present (even though that's next to impossible because of Jones new responsibility). Leaves less room for the fuckery involved like Ian's "pick". The YouTube comments are kinda blasting this one.

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the few quibbles I had, HoG was quite enjoyable. Really liked the presentations, especially Halo and Bioshock. Kyle went ham on Bioshock but TW3 got off easy.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Oh no, not the YouTube comments. They're usually overwhelmingly positive, so something must be wrong!

YouTube comments are normally a pit of snakes, I agree but most of the Allies videos I've seen have been positive? Still, I'd much prefer it if all of the Allies were present rather than them missing folk, regardless (last time it was Blood, this time Brad and Jones).

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Every time a HoG comes out, people get weirdly riled up about it. Damiani probably wasn't looking at the chat at the time, but he even had to stress again that it's all in good fun. I watch them for the presentations and almost always forget which games actually end up winning.

Oct 25, 2017
They could do an entire HoG that was just joke videos and I'd still have a blast. Twists and turns make things interesting, for me at least. If it was all serious discussion, I think I wouldn't like it as much.

I truly believe we care more about the results of HoG than the Allies do. They know we care, so that's why they put a lot of effort into it, but for me, part of that effort is trying to make it interesting but also civil. 100% sincerity from everyone would be the quickest way to an actual argument that hurts people's feelings. When you keep things light and goofy, you allow for fun arguments that don't lead to any serious ramifications.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
They could do an entire HoG that was just joke videos and I'd still have a blast. Twists and turns make things interesting, for me at least. If it was all serious discussion, I think I wouldn't like it as much.

I truly believe we care more about the results of HoG than the Allies do. They know we care, so that's why they put a lot of effort into it, but for me, part of that effort is trying to make it interesting but also civil. 100% sincerity from everyone would be the quickest way to an actual argument that hurts people's feelings. When you keep things light and goofy, you allow for fun arguments that don't lead to any serious ramifications.
If the joke videos were entertaining I might still watch, though I think the show needs some stakes (e.g, the claim that these are "the greats" ) to really work well.

If the joke videos were like ian's, i'm hard out. Fwiw

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most of your comments are also garbage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
If the joke videos were entertaining I might still watch, though I think the show needs some stakes (e.g, the claim that these are "the greats" ) to really work well.

If the joke videos were like ian's, i'm hard out. Fwiw
I get that. Ian's video was purposefully grating and I don't think anyone would want that.

But to me, the stakes for getting a game into HoG are pretty low to begin with, so that's why I don't take them seriously myself. There's no plaque, no shrine, no official declaration or whatever. Just a casual phrase that can officially be attached to your game when spoken of among 9 people and their community. It's a big *shrug* for me. I enjoy HoG and always look forward to what gets in, but it's not something I care to invest too much of myself into.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Messing with FFVII's eligibility to be inducted into a list really got people riled up, huh?

Look, whatever Ian did was miles more fun than Brad trying to make a pitch for FFVII to be validated. FFVII doesn't any validation, and we all know Brad's pitch would be as boring as the Chrono Trigger one since everyone already knows how great the game is and Brad's pitches aren't any fun either.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Messing with FFVII's eligibility to be inducted into a list really got people riled up, huh?

Look, whatever Ian did was miles more fun than Brad trying to make a pitch for FFVII to be validated. FFVII doesn't any validation, and we all know Brad's pitch would be as boring as the Chrono Trigger one since everyone already knows how great the game and Brad's pitches aren't any fun either.
lol

Can't say I disagree.

Oct 25, 2017

Look, whatever Ian did was miles more fun than Brad trying to make a pitch for FFVII to be validated. FFVII doesn't any validation, and we all know Brad's pitch would be as boring as the Chrono Trigger one since everyone already knows how great the game is and Brad's pitches aren't any fun either.

Is there a particular reason you have to be so insulting?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Ian's presentation was hilarious. Definitely wouldn't want this at every Hall of Greats though and can see why people are annoyed.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Love hog. Its my favourite thing EZA put out.

This one was great. Loved Ian's video. Ben again had a good presentation but again picked a game I've never played. Don is a total treasure as always.

My votes would be:

Witcher 3 - 3
Bioshock - 2
TLOU - 1

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The comments are usuallyy positive, and if they are somehow negative there's always a reason. Not always a good one, but it's pretty silly to shit on them as if they're completely chaotic and devoid or reason. They're not.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be real, PSO isn't a classic. It was severely limited even at the time of its conception, and I'm saying this having played it for dozens of hours. You had to grind through the same, kinda boring, quests in the same four environments at different difficulties, while following a super bland story.

It was novelty because there hadn't been anything similar on consoles till then but that's it. Replay it now and you'll be swallowed by its shortcomings. A Great has to stand the test of time proudly.

It's not the Hall of Influential games.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Out of all the games there for each genre, I thought Takedown should have been inducted for sure. I just have a feeling that not everyone there's played it since it's not a genre they're collectively interested in. Takedown is probably the best racing game I've played.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Even if you disliked Ian's presentation, at least he didn't actually succeed in getting FF7 banned.

Ironically, Dark Souls would have had a great chance of getting into HoG this week since Jones and Brad were absent and Ian and Kyle threw their entries away by trolling, increasing the odds of winning to 2/5.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
The whole Ian/FF7 thing just came off as like wow youre an annoying person and this is not clever

It just felt like it was not creative in anyway and not funny ether, which is usually the opposite of how Ian operates

Oct 26, 2017
I think Ian could've achieved the same purpose (highlight the meaningless of presentation, that games can be inducted by name basis alone) with just as much trolling but with more entertainment value.

I don't think Kyle threw his entry away. He did it using his comedic voice, it was entertaining and most of the points he made are super valid. Halo is worthy of being on the HoG.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Ian could've achieved the same purpose (highlight the meaningless of presentation, that games can be inducted by name basis alone) with just as much trolling but with more entertainment value.

I don't think Kyle threw his entry away. He did it using his comedic voice, it was entertaining and most of the points he made are super valid. Halo is worthy of being on the HoG.
The footage Kyle chose to use was also very weird, so it wasn't just the voice that made the video feel off.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This thread, jesus

Ian likes to goof, chill out ya nerds

Hopefully EZA doesn't listen to their viewers for phase 4

Oct 25, 2017
Kyles footage didn't even go past the first hour. He was in that starting ship the whole time.

Not sure what his angle was with that video. Halo is aweosme and definitely deserves it, but that video was strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.