• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that seems to track. But even after Box Peek, I'm not gonna expect them. I've really come to accept that the era of the consistent Bonus Bit is gone, and I'm not even salty about it. If it's not something they're keen to do, I'd rather them not do it. Go ahead and do it when they want. If it happens, great. If not, okay.

But yeah, that hasn't stopped me from hoping this betting saga extends past the Trial by Combat on Tuesday. Seems like Kyle is setting up some cool lore with Don and the Don Bucks and now the FF7R controversy... just feels ripe for some fun story bits... and I just hope we don't have to wait too long to find out more...
Yeah, I went through all the stages of grief with the various things I've missed from GT (most of all Final Bosman/Bonus Bits) and now I've fully accepted it and just want them to continue putting out great content, whatever that may be. Any bonus bit we get now feels like just that - a bonus. And, like you, not even salty at all about it any more.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
My take: they batch record all kinds of podcasts, impressions, etc.... Bonus bits could be a part of that, if they wanted. Not saying they should be or "how dare they not do this!" but it's not impossible. The thing that GT had over EZA is the spontaneity of the bonus bits: they could just grab someone during the normal workday to shoot whatever random thing, and to me that's the main reason why we don't get them anymore. These would have to be more deliberate and planned and that requires time and coordinating, even outside of travel. So I completely get why they don't do them, but that doesn't make me miss them any less. I try and savor the ones we do get, but always hope they surprise us with more.
I don't think they have a lot of spare time on their recording days (and like VanWinkle is saying, Kyle's also working on Box Peek). I always get the impression that their recording days are filled to the brim as is.

I get that it can be done while people are recording in the main studio (when it's a quiet bonus bit), but even though it is soundproofed, I'm not sure how well it will block out shouting in the library (which I believe is next to it) or even the green room. But I'm sure there will be bonus bits in the future and they will be fantastic, just not on a regular basis and I'm fine with that (you can't force stuff like that anyway or they can become stale).

The way they are now, they are like an extra treasure that we get when we least expect them. I'm ok with that.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Hoeg is taking this way too seriously. What an embarrassment.

/s

Amazing video. Pointed out so much that I didn't realise. Added so much more content to this Betting Special. EZA practically owe him labour wages at this point.

Oct 27, 2017

I know I'm probably not the best person to post it here, but as a lot of people seem to be excited for this, here you go (btw, no hard feelings any more at all against Kyle or Huber, just posting a video). I'm not sure I'm going to actually watch it if it happens, although I am going to watch Hoeg's video.

That video is great

ByteSizeRick

Oct 27, 2017

I know I'm probably not the best person to post it here, but as a lot of people seem to be excited for this, here you go (btw, no hard feelings any more at all against Kyle or Huber, just posting a video). I'm not sure I'm going to actually watch it if it happens, although I am going to watch Hoeg's video.

I finished it as well. I enjoyed the video a lot.
Thank you very much ByteSizeRick, that was fantastic!
You also more or less said what I was thinking this whole time (and yes, I know it was tongue-in-cheek, it was still fantastic).
I hope it does wonders for your channel as it's well deserved.

Hey, I was dropping by to post that little video I made, but I see you all found it. Thanks so much for all of your kind words. Wanted to make it clear in tone that it was completely tongue in cheek, but also that I don't joke about contract interpretation. Except when working in jokes in every segment. :)

34 minutes OMG HAHAHA.
Fast forward to 20-something and I see random shots of Emma Stone and Littlefinger. Will definitely watch later.

Random?! Random?! Objection, good sir. That shot of Emma Stone (in "What is a Dreamer?") is from LA LA Land about 2 seconds before she sings "Here's to the ones who dream". And Littlefinger? He's looking down at someone (no spoilers) as they use his famous chaos line against him...as I do in the segment. We're not degenerates here. :)

noah rayne

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
All of this is moot anyway because Damiani asked for a trial by combat (which looks like it's actually happening next Tuesday by the schedule). It's in the Goddess' hands now

Tsosie

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo, New York
This will go down as the best EZA saga to date. No matter how it all settles out I have personally enjoyed several hours of entertainment from this betting special. Patreon questionnaire, Betting special (with top notch bonus bits), Shock or Scoff, controversy laced results show, forum fun, Hoeg Law's annihilation of Huber, and we still have the Kingdom Hearts monologues and a possible Trial by Combat.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
l6AvC7c.png

Is Michael Huber actually a Soviet nuclear scientist? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
This will go down as the best EZA saga to date. No matter how it all settles out I have personally enjoyed several hours of entertainment from this betting special. Patreon questionnaire, Betting special (with top notch bonus bits), Shock or Scoff, controversy laced results show, forum fun, Hoeg Law's annihilation of Huber, and we still have the Kingdom Hearts monologues and a possible Trial by Combat.

Completely agree top to bottom. Best year yet, and with one under their belt, if they decide to do this again next year I know it will be even MORE degenerate.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I personally don't see this as my favourite one (I would say the worst one) as it probably cost me at least 5 years of my life (although maybe that's a good thing for humanity, who knows), but I am happy that most people seem to love it, so that's all what matters anyway.

I am still unsure if I want to check out next weeks stream as even though I loved Hoeg's video, the recap of what Huber said still made me somewhat annoyed/aggravated (although only for a minute or so), so probably best to stay away since I usually don't enjoy stuff like monologues anyway and other betting punishments anyway.

I hope it will be great though and I totally understand where people are coming from.
I also did enjoy the shockorscoff website. I think it was a great idea and I'm glad Kyle decided to ask to integrate their questions into the website.
As far as user interaction goes, this was for sure the best one yet.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Since Judge Brad has bias, I request we summon Judge Jones or Judge Ben immediately.

Also, someone go summon Don and sentence him for being on the run.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Since Judge Brad has bias, I request we summon Judge Jones or Judge Ben immediately.

Also, someone go summon Don and sentence him for being on the run.

Don is an conscientious objector to the tyranny of degeneracy. His responsibility is to the Don Bucks and their rightful owner, not the dreamers who would usurp the sanctity of betting for their own selfish ends.

Brandon Jones called on Michael Huber and Kyle Bosman to put on a good betting special. Brandon Jones must sit in judgment of the result.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Don is an conscientious objector to the tyranny of degeneracy. His responsibility is to the Don Bucks and their rightful owner, not the dreamers who would usurp the sanctity of betting for their own selfish ends.

Brandon Jones called on Michael Huber and Kyle Bosman to put on a good betting special. Brandon Jones must sit in judgment of the result.

Don needs a separate trial since he failed in his responsibility for paying out Don bucks by running.

Fine. Judge Ben it is. Ian and Blood made public statements so we can't summon them.

ByteSizeRick

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if they really wanted to fight the system, I could point out that my video is about 35 minutes, and there are 7 non-Kyle/Huber allies that need to give 5 minute monologues. Change out Dreamers for "Dream Eaters" and Huber/Bosman for Xehanort/Ansem, etc., and you got a stew going. :)

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Betting parlors if they call a bet wrong don't take the money back from the people they just paid to, they just pay the actual winners too. I think this scenario would fit the "Don's on the run because the house went bankrupt" story line much better.

Tsosie

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo, New York
I mean, if they really wanted to fight the system, I could point out that my video is about 35 minutes, and there are 7 non-Kyle/Huber allies that need to give 5 minute monologues. Change out Dreamers for "Dream Eaters" and Huber/Bosman for Xehanort/Ansem, etc., and you got a stew going. :)

Sadly, I am not sure this will work. As stipulated in the show (exclamation point): "Everyone who lost must write and perform"

Websters dictionary has many definitions of "write" (see attached: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/write?src=search-dict-box), that in some cases clarify a unique composition (to author) and sometimes do not (1c: to spell).

This means that an assumption of the wording "to write" must be taken into account, since all members of the contract agreed to the wording. In this situation the case that both "to write" as in to author and "to write" as in to spell may have both been assumed. If the non-drafter's of the contract assumed "to write" to mean to spell, a case that your video can be used in written form must be allowed. However, in the case that there are multiple non-drafters to a contract the assumption of "to write" must ultimately . . .
GO TO THE COUNCIL

Thank you Hoeg law for all of the invaluable information that you have given me last night. I am ready.

I am not a lawyer, nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

ByteSizeRick

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, I am not sure this will work. As stipulated in the show (exclamation point): "Everyone who lost must write and perform"

Websters dictionary has many definitions of "write" (see attached: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/write?src=search-dict-box), that in some cases clarify a unique composition (to author) and sometimes do not (1c: to spell).

This means that an assumption of the wording "to write" must be taken into account, since all members of the contract agreed to the wording. In this situation the case that both "to write" as in to author and "to write" as in to spell may have both been assumed. If the non-drafter's of the contract assumed "to write" to mean to spell, a case that your video can be used in written form must be allowed. However, in the case that there are multiple non-drafters to a contract the assumption of "to write" must ultimately . . .
GO TO THE COUNCIL

Thank you Hoeg law for all of the invaluable information that you have given me last night. I am ready.

I am not a lawyer, nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

Ah, but mine is a video composition, and their's would be a monologue for a play. By adapting such composition for another purpose, are they not "writing" it? The Oscars give out an award for best adapted screenplay after all. :)

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to watch reaction shots, but the very hectic screens behind them is extremely distracting.
Like, if it was just the word moving, then ok. But it's those faces constantly flashing right next to them that kinda sucks Bloodworth

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah, Reaction Shots is unwatchable with those faces flickering behind them like that. Luckily I can just listen to the audio version.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I just watched Reaction shots and I was cracking up throughout. Ian and Huber are so jolly lol. You people who say the background tv screens make it unwatchable are grossly exaggerating. They're unnecessary but they didn't hinder my enjoyment of watching this in the least. Loved this ep.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Catching up on some E3 stuff. The MUA3 coverage on Completionist x Easy Allies was interesting. It seemed like they were surprised it was a lower budget game, which we already knew it was, and that they just didn't want it to be another MUA game.

Damiani suggesting it should have been a Musou game was... strange.

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on some E3 stuff. The MUA3 coverage on Completionist x Easy Allies was interesting. It seemed like they were surprised it was a lower budget game, which we already knew it was, and that they just didn't want it to be another MUA game.

Damiani suggesting it should have been a Musou game was... strange.

They did admit that for fans of the original and people who like that style, it's probably exactly what they would enjoy. It's pretty plain that they just don't care for that type of gameplay.

I'd also say to give them a bit of slack in that e3 is crazy and they were probably running on fumes at this point.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They did admit that for fans of the original and people who like that style, it's probably exactly what they would enjoy. It's pretty plain that they just don't care for that type of gameplay.

I'd also say to give them a bit of slack in that e3 is crazy and they were probably running on fumes at this point.

Yeah, not a big deal. It was the asking for the game to be a completely different genre part that struck me as strange. Haha.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I agree. It took me a bit back too. Guess Damiani really likes musou games.

As someone who enjoys both, I find that suggestion truly bizarre.

"I wish the button mashy hack and slash played more like a different button mashy hack and slash".

I imagine a lot of reviewers who play this game single player will highly recommend the alternate camera angle saying it makes the game a lot easier to play.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who enjoys both, I find that suggestion truly bizarre.

"I wish the button mashy hack and slash played more like a different button mashy hack and slash".

I imagine a lot of reviewers who play this game single player will highly recommend the alternate camera angle saying it makes the game a lot easier to play.

That did confuse me too. They say a ton of stuff is going on that makes it confusing to know what's happening, but wouldn't the pulled back camera help with that a bit?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
That did confuse me too. They say a ton of stuff is going on that makes it confusing to know what's happening, but wouldn't the pulled back camera help with that a bit?

I can imagine MUA3 probably isn't a good e3 demo game, especially when you're dropped into the game at a point players are expected to know how their characters control. If you watch tree house and focus on one character it's pretty easy to follow that one character while assessing how the rest of the battle is going. The biggest issue this game seems to have compared to the older games is a more dynamic camera as opposed to the more traditional overhead always camera that the older games and stuff like diablo has. Characters can go off screen or end up in an awkward angle in the background when the camera transitions.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
One of my friends told me that Huber gave his impressions of Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Unfortunately, despite pawing through their coverage for a half-hour or so, I can't locate this in any of the videos. Would anyone be able to throw me a link?

Oct 25, 2017
The title has Wolfenstein in it... Fuck. That is embarrassing.

Thanks, The Third Heat. Sorry for wasting your time.

P.S.
I was looking for "Youngblood", so that partially explains my fumble. Also, I am an idiot, so that is the other part.
Hahaha. No problem. Found it super fast, and also realized while looking that I missed some of their impressions so I'm watching those now, so no worries. Win win.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Hoeg video. "I don't want to penalize people for dreaming" yet they'll penalize Damiani even after they told him that the concert wouldn't count?!?!?!?! This is outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.