• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I say give it a chance before we write off what they are trying. As someone who hadsbeen increasingly annoyed at how much loud chatter the allies have been doing durring reactions I'm hopeful that this setup will lead to less side conversations and we can actually here what the people on stage are saying.

Either that or the allies drastically lower all of there mic's.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad they're in the studio room, better sound.

I've just rewatched all the EZA E3 conferences and the only time the peanut gallery was really good was the Star Fox thing, otherwise they're just there and silent anyway and Damiani would be in the streaming room and be able to do that anyway.

There usually weren't many people there anyway. 1 or 2 people not on the desk not including Damiani/Ian running the stream.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
The people sat on the sides helped during pre/post show stuff and the nightly e3 coverage. Also contributed to one of the most insane and funny podcasts they've done. Gonna lose a lot having them split up but ah well.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017

This video is probably my favorite content from Ian. Death is the family can be harsh and his personal but brutally honest thoughts on the matter are welcome. I imagine it takes much energy to share that much with thousands of strangers. I wish him the best during the apex of grief following his father's passing.

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
weird they couldn't just make the url just easyallies.com/exclusives , but I know nothing about web dev, i assume it must be a bigger job then it sounds.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
weird they couldn't just make the url just easyallies.com/exclusives , but I know nothing about web dev, i assume it must be a bigger job then it sounds.
The site's designed in a specific way to make page loads faster. I hadn't talked about the links with Brent for a while though, so I sent him a note to see if it's easier to solve now.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The Stadia event probably comes at an awkward time for the Allies huh?
It's a fairly big deal, so I'd hope they'd be able to react to it, but if it'd be too stressful, I hope they don't force themselves to do it, E3 is going to be pretty busy already

Oct 25, 2017
The Stadia event probably comes at an awkward time for the Allies huh?
It's a fairly big deal, so I'd hope they'd be able to react to it, but if it'd be too stressful, I hope they don't force themselves to do it, E3 is going to be pretty busy already

Yeah, pretty bad timing for eza. Squeezing it into their next podcast is going to be extremely hard seeing as how the podcast is going to cover like 5 conferences of games.

But also, hard to say if it's worth it for them to react to this stadia thing either.
Could be some game reveals there for sure.
Hey, I'm always up for eza reactions, so I hope they do it.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I honestly feel that the Google outage/problems yesterday don't fill me with great confidence in streaming games.
It made a real good case that the tech isn't ready if they can't even get their imap email, youtube logins, other website logins in order (for hours).

I know it doesn't happen a lot, but damn that wasn't good timing at all if they are going to talk about Stadia again.

I personally don't feel like it's as big of a deal as they just did an event, but I do hope Kyle can squeeze it in somewhere during a podcast as I do think it's a big player with new tech. The problem is that you never know if Google isn't going to can something like this if it doesn't perform like they are hoping for. They are notorious for cancelling services.

I personally don't think I want or need it, but I do love seeing new tech (I work in IT) and I hope they (and all other streaming game services) can prove me wrong on this. I will probably still not use it, I didn't use streaming internet video services like youtube as streaming services either in the beginning and always downloaded all videos first and watched it on a media player, so that's just weird me I guess.

Hell, I did the same thing with GT videos. I don't think I ever watched a GT video on their website itself without downloading it first and watching it on that media player and I did that for years. I hope it still counted as a view as I did start the video player, but I just didn't like streaming video with all possible hiccups and stuff like that.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018
Is it OK if the EZA E3 OT goes up early Saturday the 8th or maybe a bit earlier like Friday night? I got a number of banners made tonight after work but need to focus my attentions back on some remaining polish/tweaks to ShockOrScoff before that goes live and want to make sure I don't rush the E3 OT.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it OK if the EZA E3 OT goes up early Saturday the 8th or maybe a bit earlier like Friday night? I got a number of banners made tonight after work but need to focus my attentions back on some remaining polish/tweaks to ShockOrScoff before that goes live and want to make sure I don't rush the E3 OT.
Saturday seems fine considering it's the days of. Unless you think Friday will help get the guys more exposure here.

May 1, 2018
They are doing the E3 trailer hypefest tomorrow night, then we have the Pokemon Direct, Stadia Connect, E3 Betting Special, and EA. It's basically something E3 related every day until Saturday next week (15th). It makes sense to wait for Fri/Sat when EA kicks things off, but the E3 train is already starting up.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We can probably treat it as an event thread, so Saturday the 8th is a good date since EA's thing is the first major event they're covering (posting it Friday night should be okay also since it'll be in the morning). Thanks for working on all of this! I have no Photoshop skills but let me know if there's any writing stuff I can help with.

May 30, 2018
We can probably treat it as an event thread, so Saturday the 8th is a good date since EA's thing is the first major event they're covering (posting it Friday night should be okay also since it'll be in the morning). Thanks for working on all of this! I have no Photoshop skills but let me know if there's any writing stuff I can help with.

Awesome, Saturday morning will be perfect, the OT will be prepared and ready to go and the SoS stuff will have already been live for a bit. Then I can start enjoying some E3. :)

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
They are doing the E3 trailer hypefest tomorrow night, then we have the Pokemon Direct, Stadia Connect, E3 Betting Special, and EA. It's basically something E3 related every day until Saturday next week (15th). It makes sense to wait for Fri/Sat when EA kicks things off, but the E3 train is already starting up.
So they reacting to Pokemon Direct?

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
So they reacting to Pokemon Direct?
They aren't doing it live from my understanding, but they will react to the video like they did for Death Stranding.
So they will make sure to go in without any knowledge, watch the video in the studio and record their reactions just before they are recording Friend Code.

Edit:
It's on the schedule as "Pokemon Sword and Shield Direct"

Easy Allies

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
If you want to see Star Trek Discovery, it's $6 / mo. Doom Patrol is $8 / mo. I don't think $1 / mo is too bad.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Bit shite that the Acheivement show is exclusive to patreon supporters.
Your reaction means they made a good decision as it means it's a good incentive for people to be a patron.
I can't tell you how to manage your money and I understand that some people don't want to use Patreon and sites like that, which is fine.
But I can't watch Netflix shows either if I don't pay for Netflix, it's just how the world works.

They need money to live their lives.

I personally think it's worth it to be a Patron of EZA, but I have to admit that I was a Patron before all those incentives came about as I just want to support them and all the rest is a nice bonus.

Btw, I always said before EZA was a thing that I was never going to support on Patreon for anything. Not because I did think it shouldn't exist, but because I was used to watch stuff for free on youtube and I didn't see the reason to do so. Seeing GT go down made it a relative easy sell for me for some reason (even though I usually stick to my guns) and I am a Patron since day one. I am still happy I am a Patron of EZA.

Edit:
I do see the reasoning that these kind of shows can get more people to discover EZA. I am personally torn on the whole exclusive show thing because the exclusive shows are usually shorter format which is what some people are asking for, but I understand why it exist and your reaction confirms to me that it's probably a good idea.

Last edited:

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
tbh, I'm not 100% sold on the Patron exclusive shows -- I tend to forget they exist because they're not on the main youtube. It also does feel weird that a show gets launched to pull in new patrons, but there's this almost this bait and switch where you don't actually get all the shows like you would on netflix, because they're coming out on a schedule.

But if it seems to be helping the numbers I can't argue with it

(I am sold on Cup of Jones though, it's perfect)

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to see Star Trek Discovery, it's $6 / mo. Doom Patrol is $8 / mo. I don't think $1 / mo is too bad.
I generally agree that 1$/month isn't that bad, especially since Achieve it Yoruself after two seen episodes belongs to the most enjoyable content EZA has produced, but this comparison would rather make me start to think otherwise. :D But then people value different forms of entertainment... differently, I understand.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
tbh, I'm not 100% sold on the Patron exclusive shows -- I tend to forget they exist because they're not on the main youtube. It also does feel weird that a show gets launched to pull in new patrons, but there's this almost this bait and switch where you don't actually get all the shows like you would on netflix, because they're coming out on a schedule.

But if it seems to be helping the numbers I can't argue with it

(I am sold on Cup of Jones though, it's perfect)
They have a new tab on their website which shows all exclusive shows and a link to Patreon to watch them (if you are a Patron):

Easy Allies

This makes it easier to check them out or to see if you forgot one and it makes it easier for new Patrons to watch the shows they have missed.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I hope we can get an answer to the question posed on cup of Jones about why they cant just lower the mic volume to make the videos they are watching more audible for the audience.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Betting special should be dropping within the next couple days, yeah?

And what is this talk about a betting website or something? I've not been keeping up with the thread much lately. :(

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Betting special should be dropping within the next couple days, yeah?

And what is this talk about a betting website or something? I've not been keeping up with the thread much lately. :(

The betting special is being recorded today! So it will likely be here by Thursday, maybe we'll get lucky and get it tomorrow even.

As for the website, fireworksordie created www.shockorscoff.com which will be an EZA bet tracker! They can go into much greater detail, but pre-emptively, a major shout-out to them for the idea and execution.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man, as someone who primarily play on Playstation I can't really say that I'm hyped for this e3. Sure FFVII is one of my most anticipated games and I'm really excited to see whatever that Avengers game is but other than that?

Hopefully the allies company will improve it.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, as someone who primarily play on Playstation I can't really say that I'm hyped for this e3. Sure FFVII is one of my most anticipated games and I'm really excited to see whatever that Avengers game is but other than that?

MS is going to be 2 hours and have a lot of 3rd parties, while SE are already teasing new stuff. There's a lot there still.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

I'm a PlayStation dude as well but I'm still incredibly hyped, mainly for Avengers (SE's presser in general TBH) and Fallen Order as well as the third party extravaganza at MS' show
Sony not being there definitely stings tho

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The Death Stranding trailer and release date drop helped with the lack of Sony at E3 (also the FF7 tease on State of Play). Feels like that was the beginning of the fun.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
It's really fun going back and watching old frame traps, especially ones with huber and kyle.
It's almost like kyle is trying to observe and understand huber's thought process and how he is the way he is lol.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017

There will probably be lots to see at the Microsoft conference that will apply to both consoles. 3rd parties will be flocking there with no other option.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm the same. For me, playstation makes up 50% of e3. So losing it was absolutely massive.

It's made up a bit becaus
-we know for sure Ff7 and Avengers is being shown.
-Sony dropped the death stranding trailer
-ms is compensating by making a bigger e3, hopefully by including more multiplat games.

But at the end of the day, I still feel it. Sony conference always felt like the lead up to the main attraction.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Never count out E3! I don't own an Xbox One but I am hyped as hell for Microsoft to blow the doors off this year. The stage is set for them to showcase everything. Nintendo is right in the middle of the Switch's lifecycle, and there is still plenty they could show to get people excited. And of course, third parties can't wait on new hardware for their games so Bethesda and Square and Devolver and anyone who signed up for the KF Showcase - they are ready to compete for your hard-earned dollars. Meanwhile, we get to take all this in with the best crew in the biz, live from their new studio for the first time ever?

Buckle up.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
I'm a PS4/Switch guy.
Tbh last year was kinda underwhelming for PlayStation (in terms of my interest in their e3 presentation - excellent year otherwise), so I just feel like this year will be a little better with SQEX dropping their megatons and Nintendo always has the potential to be very big (will probably range from fine to pretty good)

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
MS is going to be 2 hours and have a lot of 3rd parties, while SE are already teasing new stuff. There's a lot there still.
I'm a PlayStation dude as well but I'm still incredibly hyped, mainly for Avengers (SE's presser in general TBH) and Fallen Order as well as the third party extravaganza at MS' show
Sony not being there definitely stings tho

I'll probably get hyped as soon as it actually begins, it's just the lead up
I'm the same. For me, playstation makes up 50% of e3. So losing it was absolutely massive.

It's made up a bit becaus
-we know for sure Ff7 and Avengers is being shown.
-Sony dropped the death stranding trailer
-ms is compensating by making a bigger e3, hopefully by including more multiplat games.

But at the end of the day, I still feel it. Sony conference always felt like the lead up to the main attraction.

Sony was always an event for me and a couple of friends. We'd order some food, get some beers and stay up to nearly 5am to see the whole thing.

I think I'll get hyped for e3 soon tho, the trailer hype fest and betting special will help and as you (and others) say there will be plenty of games there anyway.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Never count out E3! I don't own an Xbox One but I am hyped as hell for Microsoft to blow the doors off this year. The stage is set for them to showcase everything. Nintendo is right in the middle of the Switch's lifecycle, and there is still plenty they could show to get people excited. And of course, third parties can't wait on new hardware for their games so Bethesda and Square and Devolver and anyone who signed up for the KF Showcase - they are ready to compete for your hard-earned dollars. Meanwhile, we get to take all this in with the best crew in the biz, live from their new studio for the first time ever?

Buckle up.

This. I think it'll most likely be as big or bigger than last year, despite Sony not being there.

Also E3 is great every year unless you're viewing it through a way too limited lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.