• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
So that studio, huh? Did it live up to everyone's expectations, because it exceeded mine. The streaming stage already feels familiar, yet upgraded...and then the actual podcast set, I mean what can you even say? That was money well spent in my estimation. It's so nice that it almost makes me wonder if they spent TOO much money on it (I'm sure they didn't but, wow). Just really happy for everyone involved.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the graphics pitch on Joe's Behance site looks so slick. It's a vast improvement on what they currently use and with them going through a scenery change, I think the branding should progress to something nicer as well. What I appreciate most about it is how much the colours pop across logos without being so harsh (the current standard branding is a little harsh and simple for me).

That FT logo!
L4PDGr1.png

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So that studio, huh? Did it live up to everyone's expectations, because it exceeded mine. The streaming stage already feels familiar, yet upgraded...and then the actual podcast set, I mean what can you even say? That was money well spent in my estimation. It's so nice that it almost makes me wonder if they spent TOO much money on it (I'm sure they didn't but, wow). Just really happy for everyone involved.
I'm surprised they got three-seated couches instead of four. And that podcast room would be perfect for Hall of Greats but I have a feeling that table probably can not be removed easily.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they got three-seated couches instead of four. And that podcast room would be perfect for Hall of Greats but I have a feeling that table probably can not be removed easily.

I get the sense they will just get two more larger IKEA couches eventually and move the current 3-seaters into the control room or replace the old garage couch with one in the green room, so at least it's not money wasted. Tonight was extra packed but I think on most nights it won't be as cramped. But even aside from the couches the aesthetic felt just right. I think Jones undersold it on Cup of Jones leading up to the reveal...he made it sound like that room was going to be barren. Definitely not the case.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get the sense they will just get two more larger IKEA couches eventually and move the current 3-seaters into the control room or replace the old garage couch with one in the green room, so at least it's not money wasted. Tonight was extra packed but I think on most nights it won't be as cramped. But even aside from the couches the aesthetic felt just right. I think Jones undersold it on Cup of Jones leading up to the reveal...he made it sound like that room was going to be barren. Definitely not the case.
It sure does look like they have enough room to fit 10 people at that spot, just maybe take or zoom the camera back a bit if they got more than 8 people there.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Awesome new Studio! Well deserved. Could not watch the stream but might catch up on it later, or maybe just brose through it. Any Highlights?

Doesn't a new studio also deserve a new OT thread? We are 179 pages in.

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the two main rooms look even better than their GT equivalents. Really love it.
Yeah the graphics pitch on Joe's Behance site looks so slick. It's a vast improvement on what they currently use and with them going through a scenery change, I think the branding should progress to something nicer as well. What I appreciate most about it is how much the colours pop across logos without being so harsh (the current standard branding is a little harsh and simple for me).

That FT logo!
L4PDGr1.png
*Sees EZAnime logo*

*Cries a little*

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I think the two main rooms look even better than their GT equivalents. Really love it.

Oh, for sure. I think the podcast room is a wash, mostly because of the TV screens on the GT set, but I like the streaming set way more in the new EZA studio.

Edit: looking at it closer, the GT podcast set was certainly more elaborate, but it was obviously also done on a much larger budget. But there's definitely a sleek, modern, minimalist vibe to the new podcast setup that looks very nice.

I think at some point they need to add a little more visual identity/flair to it, but as new studio version 1.0, I'm really happy.

Last edited:

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

That FT logo!
L4PDGr1.png

God damn those all look so good.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I'll miss the garage, but it looks like a definite step up. I hope they're as proud of their accomplishment as I am of them.

Just a little concerned about poor Blood's legs in the group stream room though. As a certified tall boy, he's probably used to sitting behind others, but going by how people moved back there, I'm not sure there was a lot of legroom between the two couches.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it far exceeded my expectations. I was expecting something a lot smaller.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, putting up some super cheap monitors behind them like at gt would add some extra flair and distinguish each show better.
Lots of other podcasts do it.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018

That FT logo!
L4PDGr1.png

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Honestly, putting up some super cheap monitors behind them like at gt would add some extra flair and distinguish each show better.
Lots of other podcasts do it.
I was thinking/hoping the same thing before the stream (but just one monitor/tv in front of or behind the desk would be fine I think) and I still think it could be a good idea. That said, I am really loving the new studio and I do think the LED lights are a great idea to distinguish the shows as well.

There is so much potential with the setup they created and I am really looking forward to see how all shows will fit into this new studio.

Last edited:

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018

That FT logo!
L4PDGr1.png

They look heartbreakingly good. I really want them to do this.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if they have a tv in the podcast stage to view the pressers?

I've just thought, someone in the control room, the panel in the podcast room and then ADDITIONAL visual reactions from the streaming couches (muted so they're not talking over anyone in the panel), but yeah, E3 gonna be goooood.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I've just thought, someone in the control room, the panel in the podcast room and then ADDITIONAL visual reactions from the streaming couches (muted so they're not talking over anyone in the panel), but yeah, E3 gonna be goooood.
I was thinking the same thing. Not sure if they have a screen in the podcast room though, but I guess they probably have.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
At a couple different points last night I thought I heard the allies mention other allies doing interviews. Does anybody know what that was about?

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Studio looks sick. With the lights during E3 we can have Green for MS conference, Red for nintendo and blue for whatever Sony does.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I love the new studio. I think they need a few more mics, or a different set up, some of them were hard to hear. But I'm digging it!

MarcoGorgar

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
Oh, for sure. I think the podcast room is a wash, mostly because of the TV screens on the GT set, but I like the streaming set way more in the new EZA studio.

Edit: looking at it closer, the GT podcast set was certainly more elaborate, but it was obviously also done on a much larger budget. But there's definitely a sleek, modern, minimalist vibe to the new podcast setup that looks very nice.

I think at some point they need to add a little more visual identity/flair to it, but as new studio version 1.0, I'm really happy.

Yesterday was magical, superb, it exceeded mine expectations, my girlfriend and lifemate since 13/august/2002 and i almost cried for joy; but just one little thing: soon they need add 1 or 2 televisions to this room.

Congratulations EASY ALLIES. It feels so good be a patreon since day 1.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
That's what I was thinking too but does the control room have a feed from the streaming room? Cause my impression of the setup was that Damiani would be handling the streams from the computer in the streaming room, not from the control room.

Regardless, I love it. I've been busy over the last week and am a week behind on EZA content but I had to check out the studio tour and the stream archive. It's all incredibly impressive, especially when you think back to where they were even just a year ago. I can't wait to see what the shows look like.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Jones will still be in every podcast from here on.

I'd imagine so. He was on every GT Time too.

Since he can edit/VO from home, Tuesday will be the only time he has to go in the office bar appearences on other peoples shows. So may as well make it count.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Studio looks incredible.

Have they mentioned doing extra streams in studio, or continuing their home stream schedule?

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
Damiani has upgraded his home streaming setup significantly, so I imagine he'll continue with that.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
You know, when I stayed up last night to watch Monopoly live, I wasn't expecting to get a Dragon's Dogma song stuck in my head.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I'm amazed by the studio, and that's not because I set my expectations cautiously low. I thought I had a realistic image after listening to Jones describe the place on Cup of Jones and then I hoped for a little more, but based on the tour video the actual rooms have more potential than that and what they made of these rooms is even more impressive. The studio is sleek, the streaming room cozy, and the office space looks like it'll be a cool place to hang out and get some work done.

Incredible that three years after GT closed, these guys are in a better place than they ever were at Defy not only mentally but finally also physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.