• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
The Katamari Review reminded of one of my top 10 dopamines: when your ball size gets big enough to start picking up bigger objects and then you start rolling around and you hear the little blips and blops of all the many objects you couldn't pick up before rolling into your ball. So. Satisfying.

Couple that with the killer soundtrack and yeah... I love that game. Great review, Ben!

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I am into tears, I just watched this.

How can ben turn so red??? for a second I got worried
KtPxK0X.gif

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I probably won't post more updates after this one. If people want to see the other updates just follow my YT channel

But I got the Until Dawn & RE4 playthroughs up

I've got most of the twitch archive pulled down and will be posting them up over the holiday break when I'm off work

I'm going to get the rest of Huber's RE playthroughs, the trilogy of monopoly streams, as well as one of my favs the Life is Strange Elyse / Huber Just Played/Spoiler modes up

Have a bunch of other vids I've been holding onto that I'll get up there too

So awesome, you're a star

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, looking at the website's schedule for one moment I thought it said Josh Holloway Stream for this tuesday.

Any word on what the this week's stream entails?

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just went through my potential GotY list. I only played 10 new releases this year. 3 are hard-out nopes, 2 I still have to think about including.
Of the 5 remaining titles, 3 are late Switch-ports.

GotY deliberations will be veeeeery relaxed for me this year, with no horse in the race, haha

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vi...-academia-and-more-to-be-free-now-live.85746/

Yo somebody show this to Ben!
(But seriously, I remember him in a stream last year saying he kept up with the volume releases of My Hero Academia so now there's an easy way for him to get caught up to the ongoing release. And then he can get into even more series, get more allies on this and I will get that EZA Shonen Manga podcast I dream of. All will go according to keikaku. Or none of that happens but he still gets more of a series he loves lol)

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vi...-academia-and-more-to-be-free-now-live.85746/

Yo somebody show this to Ben!
(But seriously, I remember him in a stream last year saying he kept up with the volume releases of My Hero Academia so now there's an easy way for him to get caught up to the ongoing release. And then he can get into even more series, get more allies on this and I will get that EZA Shonen Manga podcast I dream of. All will go according to keikaku. Or none of that happens but he still gets more of a series he loves lol)
He likes reading manga on paper so I don't know if he'll jump at this new service

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched Kyle's taste rant on Syndrome.

I feel like 99% of the population would have to be high as fuck to go on that rant.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
The second half of huber syndrome with kyle sounded like a conversation you have with someone wrecked at 4am at some party lol

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man Opinion Yell is hysterical. Jones, Ben saying "thanks", Huber v Kyle. Too bad this can't be posted on gaming side.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Remembering one of my favorite moments from Bosman V Wozniak

Kyle gets his mind blown by Tim Follin lol

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone seen the new Jaffe video where he apologised to Kyle?

'I dont like Kyle Bosman, i dont watch his content and I dont like his humor, but i understand his audience like him being an asshole and i respect him for catering towards them'

Some apology, it all seemed more of an excuse rant for all the shit Jafee's been saying lately and been accused of. Trying to compare himself to Bosman by having a Eureka moment that they are similar in being Pariah's.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
'I dont like Kyle Bosman, i dont watch his content and I dont like his humor, but i understand his audience like him being an asshole and i respect him for catering towards them'

Some apology, it all seemed more of an excuse rant for all the shit Jafee's been saying lately and been accused of. Trying to compare himself to Bosman by having a Eureka moment that they are similar in being Pariah's.
I didn't read it completely like this and it looked to me he was more-or-less sincere (even though he touched his nose 3 or 4 times during the whole thing, which is usually an indication of being uneasy/lying as far as I know). That said, not a lot of people say on air that they are wrong, I would probably feel uneasy as well and I would probably botch the way I said it as well if it's live.

To me, it felt more like an apology than most of the apologies by companies or that guy with the plagiarism for all his reviews that happened this year.

I do believe that it's possible Jaffe believes he was wrong in publicly speaking out to Kyle (I honestly feel that this is the case as I don't see what Jaffe is gaining out of making a fake apology about this this long after the fact). That doesn't mean that he agrees with what Kyle said or how he did it, which is fine (even though I still don't see the problem myself, but I usually don't care if people make fun of me either).

I still don't care for Jaffe after that whole thing and this won't change that. I also do agree that it was a weird way of starting an apology, but ultimately it's Kyle's call and not ours and I believe Kyle already made amends with this long ago.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be so pissed if Brandon doesn't get this dreams beta, even if he can't talk about it.

Also, fuck Jaffe. Dude is cool with people advocating for a white ethnostate.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Jaffe is a peice of shit, I dont onow why anybody would even want an apology from him. Hope he falls into obscurity with all the racists he supports.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really think something can be an apology if you are calling that person an asshole in the same breath

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Jones gets in on the Dreams beta but I also hope it's not till after his vacation. Hopefully he gets in on the 8th, but I also hope (but I doubt it) that they'll drop the NDA restrictions for the general public portion of the beta so Jones can stream it. I've been stoked for Toy Box Tuesday version 2.0 for a while now, and Dreams continuing to go unreleased has made that wait pretty rough. Not to mention my own excitement to get my hands on the tools and do some game ideas I've had bouncing around.

Wish I was more of a Newsletter person, as I've watched several Dreams streams and followed the development, but hate getting emails I know I probably won't read so the idea of subbing to it never even entered my consciousness. Oh well. Hopefully I too can get in on the 8th.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Jones was saying with the holidays, it'll likely be closer to the end of January before they move in

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I will honestly be very surprised if they are set up in the studio before February. I know they want to get it done in January but these sorts of things take a tone of time, especally when they are building sets as well. I hope they can manage to get plenty of stuff recorded to mitigate any prolonged downtime.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of the EZA reviews, the content is great, Jones is great, but I feel like the biggest strength of EZA is their personalities and knowing the guys there. I wish they did a companion piece to every "review style" video, which was the Reviewer, Editor and Jones sitting down and discussing about the game in a bit more detail. I think it'd also be a cheap-easy way to get more content for their Patreon.

Cannot wait for their studio soon! And I just met Jones again recently, I keep running into these guys. They are always wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.