• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I know Kyle is done with The Final Bosman, but I would kill for a recreation of this with Schluffe and Huber's German character.

But Schluffe is dead! How else would we have heard the Gamescom song? It will have to be Brubbe and...The Other German!

(This is a hilarious idea though)

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Been hearing a lot about Easy Allies for a long time and I might finally jump into their content. Been looking for another podcast series to listen to.

Just one question. Watching them won't lead to the YT algorithm recommending me gamergate trash right?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been hearing a lot about Easy Allies for a long time and I might finally jump into their content. Been looking for another podcast series to listen to.

Just one question. Watching them won't lead to the YT algorithm recommending me gamergate trash right?

I would say the opposite, but youtube is a pandora's box.

I've never seen that happen with my feed, I'm now curious about what you are following for youtube to suggest you that.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I've watched almost every video since launch and not been recommended one yet, so should be fine

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I would say the opposite, but youtube is a pandora's box.

I've never seen that happen with my feed, I'm now curious about what you are following for youtube to suggest you that.
Had this happen multiple times. I watch a video on gaming related content that pops up on my feed only to find out later that the channel has made anti-SJW videos in the past. So the YouTube algorithm recommends similar videos by alt right channels.

So when I asked if this would lead to YT algorithm recommending me that sort of stuff, I was really asking if this is a channel that expresses those sort of sentiments.

It just sounded more polite.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Had this happen multiple times. I watch a video on gaming related content that pops up on my feed only to find out later that the channel has made anti-SJW videos in the past. So the YouTube algorithm recommends similar videos by alt right channels.

So when I asked if this would lead to YT algorithm recommending me that sort of stuff, I was really asking if this is a channel that expresses those sort of sentiments.

They don't delve too much into political discussions, but when they do they're on the side that makes the (relatively small?) Anti-SJW section of the fan base angry. I don't think you have too much to worry about there.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

they are very very careful when expressing political stuff, but I can't think of an antonym greater than alt-right about easy allies. Their moto, our moto, is Love & Respect, that should give a idea of how these lovely guys think.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017

The only things I ever have pop up are colin moriarty's stuff and one nick Robinson video. The nick Robinson video is about tetris and I have watched a lot of kyle bosman playing tetris on YouTube so that's probably where that recommendation came from and I'm sure the colin videos are because I watch kinda funny content.

Easy allies as a whole is a very open and respectful group. They tend to avoid "political" topics but when they do delve in it's generally the more conservative fans that get upset.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've learned the lesson: never listen to Fiasconauts while at the gym. Had to stop every 5 seconds to laugh.

Oct 26, 2017
They don't delve too much into political discussions, but when they do they're on the side that makes the (relatively small?) Anti-SJW section of the fan base angry. I don't think you have too much to worry about there.

To be completely fair Jones did go to Colin Moriarty's podcast and that was not received well by a sizeable part of the community.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations on finally escaping hell, Ben!

Edit: Also, called that score.

Last edited:

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent review, Ben. Sorta mid-spicy throughout most of it but the ending brought the 🔥

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ben suffered for the review so I watched it even though I already know the game is a poop/10

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018

Every member has in some way or another been on the side of topics that are anti- alt right or gamergate. I am very thankful for this as someone who enjoys some type of EZA content everyday and that would instantly turn me off if one of them was on a clear wrong side of an opinion.

Though the hilarious thing about it is how clear they are with they stand espeically with having a motto as "Love & Respect" but you still have idiots in the fanbase who are on a gamergate spectrum and then try to say L&R after stating a clear hateful opinion. Though I think every fanbase for anything has that.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A large segment of Easy Allies subreddit feels alt-right (and subsequently despise us), which is unfortunate.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017

One of the members is genderqueer and rad as hell (and is good at pissing off alt-right shitlords effortlessly, really).

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill

I'm afraid that anything gaming related has a decent chance of contaminating your recommended content with ignorant nonsense. Youtube's algorithm feeds on engagement, and doesn't care about whether it's positive or negative. I wouldn't hold it against a content creators.

Either way, the podcasts are great, and so are the people on it.

Are they going to be doing a betting special for the VGAs?
Nah, they weren't going to. Even putting Kyle's direct involvement aside, the betting specials tend to be a little sassy, and they're close enough to the VGAs that it could easily become weird.

Oct 28, 2017
Because of Kyle working on the event in some way and EZA collectively participating in the judging process, they won't be doing one.

Which has always baffled me a bit because they're only betting against themselves. If one of them has insider info surely all of them do so it wouldn't affect the bets in anyway?

If they were betting against little peasants like us then it would be a little suspect.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Which has always baffled me a bit because they're only betting against themselves. If one of them has insider info surely all of them do so it wouldn't affect the bets in anyway?

If they were betting against little peasants like us then it would be a little suspect.
I think they mainly see it as taking fun out of the Betting Special if they all go into it knowing more than the average person, which makes sense. But yeah, I'd obviously still love to see one in the end. We'll just have to wait until E3, I guess!

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Gotta say, Ian and Kyle's discovery of German gaming conspiracies was great, and I was not ready for the quality entertainment Box Peak provided. Fully would love to see more.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
I don't blame them if they worry about any bets tipping their hand in regards to what they know in advance. They have enough trouble tripping over themselves with bets that go out of control because they were too vague to establish proper scoring for at the time.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, Ian and Kyle's discovery of German gaming conspiracies was great, and I was not ready for the quality entertainment Box Peak provided. Fully would love to see more.
Coming from Germany... absolute LOVED this episode. To make matters funnier, I had two interviews at Kiddinx late last year so I was thinking about sending them the video lol... Now off to throw Benjamin Blümchen in the mix. I need another detective episode, very funny.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ben talked about the Haunting of Hill House briefly on Frame Trap, but I hope they do a full blown spoiler mode for it because I'm halfway through and this is a phenomenal show.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Hoping they're remembering that Hall of Greats is due this month. Only one week free this month before the holidays with Jackbox and Smash already covering the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.