• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EZA has released their 2019 GOTY Awards video

Deliberations video is below

There are timestamps on the Youtube link

00:05:30 - Best Shooter
00:29:05 - Best Competitive Multiplayer
00:58:13 - Best Co-Operative Multiplayer
01:36:31 - Best World Design
02:19:04 - Best Seven
02:37:19 - Best Remaster/Remake
02:44:04 - Best Expansion
02:55:19 - Best Game to Beat in One Night
03:02:52 - Best Character
03:27:52 - Best Shotgun
03:34:10 - Best Narrative
04:15:27 - Best Music
04:51:47 - Best Platformer
04:55:54 - Best Song
04:58:07 - Best Role-Playing Game
05:10:50 - Best Trailer
05:35:38 - Game of the Year

Below is each Ally's personal faves of 2019 as well as the Top 10 games of 2019 as voted by the EZA Pateron community

6:15 - Ben's Picks
16:58 - Don's Picks
29:48 - Brandon's Picks
43:00 - Brad's Picks
46:05 - Huber's Picks
56:22 - Bloodworth's Picks
1:06:45 - Damiani's Picks
1:13:45 - Kyle's Picks
1:21:40 - Ian's Picks
1:31:42 - Patron Picks

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
xiuhlJf.gif

Travless

Mar 7, 2018
The hype is P A L P A B L E.

Their GOTY deliberations stream is always so damn good. Gonna wait until it finishes to watch since I had a work meeting and missed the first chunk of it.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
Giving The Last Guardian GOTY in 2016 has forever tainted Easy Allies GOTY choice for me.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Giving The Last Guardian GOTY in 2016 has forever tainted Easy Allies GOTY choice for me.
They are very self aware and constantly reference it as a mistake, except for Blood. I think it was a good win though.

They were also one of the few outlets who nominated Gravity Rush 2 soundtrack in 2017, it is easily one of the best soundtracks this generation.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
They are very self aware and constantly reference it as a mistake, except for Blood

You'd be happy to know that GOTY especialy got super heated and split almost exactly down the middle, barely winning.

I watched it. It still shocked me because it didn't seem like TLG would win, and then it did.

To those defending it, I will go to my grave saying the TLG is objectively BAD, and does not succeed in what it sets out to do and create.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Really enjoyed the Huber/Bosman 7-hour Shenmue 3 stream from Saturday. Got me in the mood for the GotY discussion.

Apr 21, 2018
So happy to see LM3 nominated.

To those defending it, I will go to my grave saying the TLG is objectively BAD, and does not succeed in what it sets out to do and create.

Agree to disagree. I absolutely loved the game and it was probably my 2016 GOTY. To be honest, I think you sound rather foolish calling a game objectively bad when lots of people loved it and it got fairly good reviews. I guess some people on ERA can't look past imperfect controls and framerate?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Far from finishing Death Stranding still, so I'll have to wait in case they say something spoilery like they warned at the beginning :(

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Proud to say I brainwashed Ian into loving the Outer Wilds

(I just hounded him into playing it by never shutting the fuck up about it)

May 5, 2018
Ok, so they are airing the deliberations right now and then they'll do the awards even though everything is recorded? Got it. Also this Best Seven category ha that's

Fingers crossed they don't forget about Ace Combat 7 for Best Music! I mean, they might and there was plenty of other great music this year and honestly its not the end of the world. But poor Ace Combat 7 has been constantly being forgotten in award season. Eh, the discussion should be fun for best music regardless of whose nominated.

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I kinda wished this was earlier in January or at the end of last year. Greg Miller said that people stopped caring about GOTYs when the new year arrives and I agree with him.

It's like giving E3 awards in August. The relevance is gone.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
No Cold Steel 3 in RPG of the the year, hurts my heart.

But I get it. If you don't play CS1 and 2 you wont know wth is goin on, or have attachments to certain characters.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoying the deliberations so far. Many good points for and against the said games.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Sekiro. Haven't played it myself despite being a big Soulsborne fan, I'll have to get on that this year. RE2 is the current play tho!

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
As always, I couldn't agree more with them. FF XIV Shadowbringers, didn't get snubbed, finally! DMC V is now officially the most snubbed game of the year though hahhaah. Also, that bait and switch - although Devil Trigger is a hype af song, using it for GOTY was cruel lol
I think their best shooter one was the only weird choice
Brad didn't fight hard enough for the Kingdom Hearts III music
That was easily my soundtrack of the year
yes but FF XIV Shadowbringers is on a whole other level. In our GOTY picks, I also struggled between KH3 and FF XIV, but ultimately, I think Shadowbringers is simply better. We're not talking about KH3 being a 9/10 and FF XIV being a 10. It's more like a fight between gods lol. Either one was the correct answer
This might fill the hole left by GBs disappointing goty for me. Actual categories, yes please!
which one did they pick? I've never agreed with them on ANY of their picks I think

Last edited:

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
yes but FF XIV Shadowbringers is on a whole other level. In our GOTY picks, I also struggled between KH3 and FF XIV, but ultimately, I think Shadowbringers is simply better. We're not talking about KH3 being a 9/10 and FF XIV being a 10. It's more like a fight between gods lol. Either one was the correct answer
I'm not into MMOs but after hearing that it has a Weight of the World remix means it's automatically qualified so you're right.