• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
The animation on Jim isnt bad, but something about the really faint color pallete (especially up against the much more saturated BG) and the way the shadows hit him makes him look really cheap looking.
Anyways wont ever play this fuck Tennapel

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Doug TenNapel is a piece of shit. Is he involved?

Edit: Guess he isn't being paid for consultancy work on it. Well, glad he's not getting money.

www.gamesindustry.biz

Interplay silent on Earthworm Jim developer's racist, homophobic remarks

Update August 7, 2020: In a message to GamesBeat, Earthworm Jim original co-creator Doug TenNapel stated that he had on…

Still, knowing what we know about him even prior to his recent comments paints EWJ in a very different light for me.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
The crude voiceover on that trailer is a choice given that they are trying to sell this Intellivision as a family friendly console.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Because dunking on this trash console with PS2/Wii, supermarket checkout, shovelware tier visuals is funny and more people should know what a hateful bigot TenNapel is.

Frankly Tallarico bringing him on board should be seen as an endorsement of his views and we shouldn't let him brush that under the carpet because frankly (because this defence will get used), whether or not TenNapel is getting paid for his involvement is irrelevant: he should be a pariah for all the hate he has spewed against the LGBT community and if Tallarico still wants to associate himself with him despite this, that says plenty.
Oh it's 100% a full endorsement I'm just so tired of people like that getting to spill bigotry with zero repercussions.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Who wants to bet on how long this will stay exclusive?
Not that I'm interested. Earthworm Jim was always a good looking and bad playing game.

Also I want nothing to do with a game that involves the awful bigot creator

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Visually speaking it looks bad...the animation I mean (Like the waterfall animation looks outdated) - hopefully end product looks better

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
It looks a bit to clean for my tastes. They should have left it having scratchy more sketchy lines instead of it being so clean and refined. It needs the grimey and nearly gross aeshetic as well. Jim also looks a bit too cheerful and needs more of an aggressive expression but also a wide range of emotion which we could obviously see later. I'm not so worried about the beach thing because it has a sign saying they are going to Heck so I'm assuming the setting will change drastically and thats okay. The sound bytes are old school but it's just packed in too much for this part. They are too frequent and need to be spaced out a bit more. I'm a big fan of earthworm jim and played a lot as a kid so it'd be nice if the games return was actually good.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
kotaku.com

Oh No, Earthworm Jim

I have very fond memories of growing up with Earthworm Jim. Most of them centred around the incredible first video game on the Genesis, but maybe also the old cartoon as well? Anyway whatever, that’s ancient history, because Earthworm Jim in 2020 ain’t what it used to be.

Unpaid consultancy my ass. Dude is getting money from this in some capacity. I'm like 90% sure he's doing Jim's voice in the trailer.
Who even owns the Earthworm Jim IP, at this point?

I believe the shell of a company that is Interplay reacquired it from the mobile company who put out the HD version of the first game.
Was Earthworm Jim always that small compared to the environment? He looked... tiny and there was way too much shit in the foreground. Looked a bit choppy... but the art style seemed on point otherwise.

No but those first two games weren't widescreen either.
Why doesn't Earthworm Jim have a shadow?

Because this is what bad video games look like.
amico-1280x720.jpg

That is some early 2000's looking piece of shit.

That's two iPods in a charging dock.
already hate the voice and the that was only a 38 second beginning segment of the game.

Pretty sure that's the creator's voice. He was the voice of Jim in the first two games.

Also, kind of surprised that they're actually acknowledging the N64 game as the 3rd entry.

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Excusing bigotry and attacking the community; account in junior phase
Looks good to me. Are people just hating because of the hive mind against Tennapel?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not really a fan of the flat flash game look of this and the new Battletoads. 2D animated is alright but it needs to be done differently than this.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a cleaner flash game from the newgrounds era. The characters don't fit the backgrounds, which are pretty meh from what has been shown, and the animation is pretty stilted.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
The walking animation is so stuttery, gross.

But whatever not like anyone will ever play this, unless it gets ported over.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
It's probably not my place to judge but who was exactly asking for an Earthworm Jim revival in the first place considering that the series hasn't been relevant since 1996? No one even paid attention to the shitty attempt at bringing it to 3D. There's been attempts at trying to bring it back since then sure but those went nowhere and if history is doomed to repeat itself, so will this.

And why make it exclusive to a console that nobody would be caught dead owning?

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
The truth I had to face as an adult was that Earthworm Jim was never good outside the first level in both the original and the sequel

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
I watched a fair amount of that long Intellivision stream and...yikes. We are talking Wii U eShop after the floodgates opened levels of quality.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for the dudes working on this console and games; there's going to be like 23 people who buy this console... 15 of them will be employees.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the best thing I've seen on the system so far, and it's just him running left and right. LOL Colors are vibrant and his look/animation seem pretty faithful.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good to me. Are people just hating because of the hive mind against Tennapel?
I didn't know I was part of a hive mind when Tennapal followed me because of my art on Twitter and then I checked out his tweets only to find out he sucked ass and blocked him you learn something new everyday oh well.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If you went back in time and told me that they were releasing a new Intellivision with a new Earthworm Jim game as an exclusive and showed me this trailer, I'd go "oh, that makes sense now."

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017