• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
It looks fine enough. But why would I get some new system for that? Let alone THAT trailer, if you gonna hock silly nonsense at least go for it and make a splash, not "beach walking!"

casnix

Apr 19, 2018
New Hampshire
Eh I dunno about this. Are they gonna make a new Cool Spot as well? Why is it locked onto a console that's surely not going to make it?

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what looks bad about the trailer. Looks reminiscent of the original artstyle plus the new Rayman game series.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I'm less worried about the look or animation, and more concerned (or convinced) that this ten seconds of gameplay is probably all they have so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that beat is straight from E.G.G.M.A.N.

Didn't look great. And TenNapel is a shitbag, is he still involved?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
this video was slotted at the end of last week's lengthy Amico game-reveal event. it..... was not a great reveal event.

much of the content looks like it was stitched together from existing assets from the other games. the only new-looking thing was that single, 12-frame animation cycle. no other game-like interactions. between that and the very, very flat look of this island zone, I'm not sure why they even bothered showing this. (Rayman Origins/Legends runs circles around the background content alone.)

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks extremely cheap, shockingly so. It's like more of a very basic proof-of-concept prototype than an actual game.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The game developed by the transphobe that's exclusive to an obscure console that's doomed to be a nuclear bomb looks bad?

How will we go on?

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
From the original 2018 announcement of the Amico, before any games had been shown:
Firstly, the Amico will retail anywhere in the range of $149 to $179 dollars, when it launches two years from now, in 2020. A bold claim also states that the power within the system will offer "the most advanced 2D sprite-based graphics the world has ever seen", also putting above what either the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, or according to them, a 'PlayStation 5' could ever reasonably output in terms of 2D visuals.
source

We now know what those games will look like and the launch price of the Amico has been raised to $249 - $279.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
tenor.gif

Oct 31, 2017
Why does it look bad?
Uhh it looks alright? What is the problem?
What's wrong with it???

What you said.

Quick reminder that the creator of this is a bigoted piece of garbage that's spent years attacking gay and transgender people, and most of this summer spewing racist crap about Black people.

What you said, too.

Hahahahaha!

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Did I mishear, or did he actually say "Boomer, pull my finger"?

Otherwise, this looks blah, Earthworm Jim's creator is trash, and...Intellivision Amico why?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Earthworm Jim IP was sullied when the creator allied himself and others with comicsgate

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: Have the EWJ games aged favorably? I bought a used copy of the first game on SNES from a rental store that was going out of business within a couple years of it coming out and remember thinking the animation was amazing, but the actual shooting felt awful and the level design was very cluttered and messy.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Never was a fan of the originals. Great art and animations, but gameplay was ehh

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A Boogerman sequel on Stadia would probably even sell better than this.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
this video was slotted at the end of last week's lengthy Amico game-reveal event. it..... was not a great reveal event.

much of the content looks like it was stitched together from existing assets from the other games. the only new-looking thing was that single, 12-frame animation cycle. no other game-like interactions. between that and the very, very flat look of this island zone, I'm not sure why they even bothered showing this. (Rayman Origins/Legends runs circles around the background content alone.)
How did we miss this?

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
is-this-an-out-of-season-april-fools-joke-37506041.png

But really though, something about all of this is actually leaving me scratching my head. No disrespect to Intellivision but I had no idea at all that there was going to be yet another "home video game console" coming. I was only aware of the "Atari VCS" and the nightmare that was going to be, but this is the first time I've heard about Amico. And it was going to launch in October if it wasn't pushed back due to current events?

But yeah, not sure how to feel about this "First Look" of Earthworm Jim 4. Looks stylized for sure, at the same point... I have no idea what to make of this.