• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I didn't feel it in twin peaks, my wife was up drinking coffee in the bedroom lounge and said something. By the time I rolled over It was long over.

Its not an earthquake unless the dog gets drunk on broken liquor bottles.

Dupy

Oct 31, 2017
All these people asleep at 9am, I remember those days. Didn't feel it here in the east bay.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Stay safe SF. Kinda glad I moved away.

<Checks Cascadia Fault predictions >

Oops

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I've only experienced these once and it was scary.
SF dudes I hope you're all good

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I felt it out in Fremont at breakfast...figures the one day I put effort into breakfast a week. My homemade Belgian waffles were just ruined! ;)

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize a 3.6 was anything to write home about in S-F. Everyone talks like Cali is one big earthquake.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
A 3.6?

We-Will-Rebuild.jpg

Better check to make sure my condo is still standing.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize a 3.6 was anything to write home about in S-F. Everyone talks like Cali is one big earthquake.
It's not. We have sub 4.0 quakes ALL THE TIME, but they're usually fairly deep and in more remote areas that aren't felt by people. 3.6 is like "a heavy semi-truck driving by your house" levels of shake.

You scarcely hear of any sort of damage from a sub-5.0 quake, and the real scary ones don't really start until 6.0+

This is just to scare people from moving to California. Shit's too crowded yo

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Lived by SF for a little while and never had an earthquake

I'm missing out!

D:

Edit: one that I felt to the point where it woke me up or felt the bed shake

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not. We have sub 4.0 quakes ALL THE TIME, but they're usually fairly deep and in more remote areas that aren't felt by people. 3.6 is like "a heavy semi-truck driving by your house" levels of shake.

You scarcely hear of any sort of damage from a sub-5.0 quake, and the real scary ones don't really start until 6.0+

This is just to scare people from moving to California. Shit's too crowded yo
The housing market does a good job as well :P

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I just found out about it yesterday. Nobody tells me these things are going on beforehand.
Umm. I sent you a note. I put the note on your doorstep. I put it in a paper bag so in case it rained and I didn't want it to get wet. I even set the bag on fire so that you would see it if it was really dark outside. But I didn't stop there. I put some dung inside so it would give off a pungent aroma so you definitely couldn't miss it.

You know, if you're not even going to read a simple note I may as well stop trying. šŸ˜”

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I didn't realize we had an earthquake until I read it on the news. This wasn't really noticeable downtown.