• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
trekcentral.net

End Of The Line For Star Trek Starships Eaglemoss? – Trek Central

Some breaking Star Trek news has emerged today! It appears it might be the End Of The Line For Star Trek Starships Eaglemoss following fan speculation. Eaglemoss LTD, otherwise known as "Hero Collector" has reportedly filed a Notice of Intention to appoint an administrator today according to a...

It's a shame as they've been around for 50 years - prior to Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Marvel, they would have produced the James Bond license (car models) for your parents' generation.

I'm mainly posting this for anyone about to pre-order something: do not.
If you're subscribed to the parts collections (build the Ecto-1 etc) keep an eye on your credit card in case you are billed.

Unfortunately I'm not too surprised. I got screwed over in a pre-order issue last year, and their build quality was very hit and miss.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well, shit, time to order the remaining few ships I've wanted then.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Their website's gone. Be careful where you order it from.

Oh, yeah. I'm just going to Big Bad Toy Store and only ordering things in stock. Just want to finish off the Enterprise line, unfortunately it looks like the F is sold out so I may go the ebay route for it.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
thought it was odd that a deal popped up last week with them offering a ton of their HC comicbooks for free but all you had to do was pay postage

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I feel sorry for anyone in the middle of one of their subscription model kits. That would be a lot of money sunk into something that you'll never finish. I had thought about starting their Enterprise-D kit, until I heard how horrible quality control is.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that sucks.

Better hunt down the 1701 refit and the Discovery 1701 while I can. I've got pretty much everything else I want.

PXL-20220710-080251735-1.jpg

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I feel sorry for anyone in the middle of one of their subscription model kits. That would be a lot of money sunk into something that you'll never finish. I had thought about starting their Enterprise-D kit, until I heard how horrible quality control is.

Yeah I came so, so close to starting that in the middle of Covid. The only thing that saved me was the Ent-D is freaking huge and I couldn't store it anywhere.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I came so, so close to starting that in the middle of Covid. The only thing that saved me was the Ent-D is freaking huge and I couldn't store it anywhere.

I've seen more than one builder on Youtube quit because the quality is pretty bad. There's a lot of light bleed around the windows and the panel linings. It's pretty disappointing for something so expensive. I would have liked to build the Delorean and Ecto-1 models, if I had ever had the money for them, though. Those two looked good.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7wVF_egnac

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, that sucks.

Better hunt down the 1701 refit and the Discovery 1701 while I can. I've got pretty much everything else I want.
Nice collection. The two Fs, original 1701, and Discovery 1701 are what I need. Just got the Disco and original. What 1701 refit are you referring to? Is that the '09 one?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not I've got that one. Referring to the very original refit (from Motion Picture/Khan/Search for Spock).
Ah! I thought they'd not done that one and had only made the A. Gonna go search for it real quick then, thanks. I keep going back and forth on whether I want the Phase II or not. I feel like if I do that I'll want all the other concept models.

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen more than one builder on Youtube quit because the quality is pretty bad. There's a lot of light bleed around the windows and the panel linings. It's pretty disappointing for something so expensive. I would have liked to build the Delorean and Ecto-1 models, if I had ever had the money for them, though. Those two looked good.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7wVF_egnac

Chronicle Collectibles folded before they could release their high quality Enterprise D replica.
Now Eaglemoss is folding before many people have finished their expensive Enterprise D model. (never seemed like a good idea to me)
Seems like the only hope for a big D is apparently Tomy, who has said that if their current crowdfunding campaign gets off the ground then they will do more popular ships (likely the Refit and D). But that deadline is looking...tough.
😔

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say this surprises me. I for a while was subscribed to the star trek mini ships thing when it was first announced. At first it was fun getting a new ship every 2 weeks I think it was. But then it just started to become a bloody chore. I ran of space to display the things

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
This really sucks. I'm gonna have to find a Defiant and quick.

I already have the 1701, D, Akira and Deep Space Nine.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember leaping on that mini startrek ships collection they were doing when they first announced it. I even got the special order bonus of shitty plastic borg cube that "lit up" very umimpressively. Then the collection rolled in, at first it was fun. I would look forward to getting a new model. then trying to balance it precariously on it's stand and getting bored of reading the mag within five minutes. But still it was a nice little treat that came in the post, but it kept on coming more and more ships. In the end I was running out of space to "display" them and just started leaving them in the box they came in till eventually I got up the balls and cancelled the subscription.

I vowed never to get into another scenario like that because there is no "end" -they will just keep making more and more for as long as they can milk it. I will confess I have been tempted to go for one of the bigger kit models but as soon as I see "completed in 104 issues" I am like ohhhhhhhhhhh no you don't

Oct 25, 2017
surprised people here did the subscriptions, getting all that seems like...too much
I just bought individual ships I wanted outright

following this announcement a couple of their ships on BBTS have gone out of stock, probably getting a rush of last-chance orders

Jan 29, 2018
Well shit. I have a handful (maybe a little more than a dozen?) of their Trek ships. I saw the Discovery version of the Enterprise was on deep discount just yesterday and almost pulled the trigger.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Man.. I always wanted to buy these. I avoided b/c I was afraid I'd fall down the rabbit hole and my estate sale would just be starship models.

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
trekmovie.com

Interview: Former Eaglemoss Licensing Head Ben Robinson Offers Hope After Company Ceases Operations

"Eaglemoss is over, but that doesn't mean that the individual collections or individual projects don't have a future."

Update from a key employee on the Star Trek side of things.
  • Eaglemoss has entered administration/is now bankrupt.
  • The "Build" products were profitable and another company is being sought after to finish the Enterprise D and other models.
  • The Star Trek ship lines were not the reason the company went bust.
  • CBS is supportive.
  • Fans need to show support to get things moving quickly.
  • The Marvel/Doctor Who figures are not likely to return.

Defiler76

Jan 12, 2018
Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on issue 90 of the delorean build. I was wondering where last 2 months issues were, but they had emailed a few months back saying some issues would be delayed because they were moving warehouses. Does this mean I will never have a complete Delorean?

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Ben Robinson has been pretty good on providing updates on Twitter about all this, and today there's been some good news.

• The Star Trek ship license has been taken on by someone else he can't name yet. Other licenses like Stargate may take longer or not happen.
  • The part build licenses (build the DeLorean etc) have also been taken on by someone else, but it's much longer away. So you might get your part builds finished but you're going to be waiting a while.
  • All existing Eaglemoss stock has been released from warehouses and will be available online etc for Christmas. Last chance ever to get the Eaglemoss branded stuff.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone else got caught up in this check your email I just got an email from Fanhome. Looks like they purchased the licenses for the building kits and are planning to resume them. Seems nice since they are letting folks start at any part of the build.

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
If anyone else got caught up in this check your email I just got an email from Fanhome. Looks like they purchased the licenses for the building kits and are planning to resume them. Seems nice since they are letting folks start at any part of the build.

That's interesting because I got an email from a few days ago from a company called Master Replicas.

Fanhome are doing the Build licensing.
Master Replicas are selling the rest of the Eaglemoss stock.

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Last post on this.

Just Added

Collectibles, figures and prop replicas from huge licenced brands like Star Trek, DC Comics, Marvel, Dr Who and so many more.

Some figures are now available and cycling in and out every 2 weeks.
A few sold out in 3 minutes.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I was seriously thinking about getting that DS9 die-cast mini when it sold out in front of me, hah.