• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, not really when it pertains on Japanese publishers on Steam. Sega, Capcom, Bandai Namco has been fair about it.

Outside of it, Sony for its first party games.

Western developers are truly basura, like you said though.

Depends on the region too. Bamco games have awful regional pricing here and that's a Japanese publisher. Capcom and Sega are also going that way with their more recent releases.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Excellent news, I will support their move by buying any new games that interest me and a significant amount of their back catalog when they decide to port it. As the first publisher to leave Steam all those years ago, EA's return to the service with the very clear statement "we want to be where the players are" sends a strong message to those involved in artificially fragmenting the PC platform.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that the games aren't running native off of Steam. I'd still rather buy Jedi Fallen Order on Steam than Origin, though.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Need for Speed?

Edit: Having games on Steam even in the presence of another launcher still has benefits. For example Steam can download and update games without admin rights, whereas all other launchers require elevation to install updates.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Just like I said in the other thread: LOL oh Timmy...

After all his constant shit talking, fear mongering and show boating, one of the biggest publishers who left Steam are now coming back.

LOL

Spring 2020, Yves Guillemot: "Here at Ubisoft, we listen to our players. That is why we are pleased to announce that Watch Dogs Legion will be available for purchase on Steam Day 1"

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Just give me Dead Space 2 and I'm good.
store.steampowered.com

Save 80% on Dead Space™ 2 on Steam

Three years after the Necromorph infestation aboard the USS Ishimura, Isaac Clarke awakens from a coma, confused, disoriented, and on a space station called The Sprawl. Explore this world and its zero-g environments to discover the truth about the Unitology and its role in the Necromorph epidemic.

I hope you've not been waiting for this since 2011, it's been on there this whole time.

Edit: Very beat.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Woah so I can launch Sims 4 from steam now? I used to have to jerryrig it to launch Sims 4 to my steamlink. YAYYYYYYYY

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Great for those who play EA games!

No idea why though - seems like Origins really didn't work out well enough for EA. That last Twitch push for the latest season of Apex also didn't feel like it worked as desired.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Neato'. Titanfall 1/2 better be on that list, EA.
tenor.gif

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Would rather EA put the mass effect trilogy and all DLC on GoG honestly... That's all I want from EA currently then I can leave origin behind.

Sounds like they are going the uplay X steam route which I dislike so .... Meh

A step in the right direction I suppose..

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is like Goku and Vegeta doing the fusion dance to take down an opponent. No way would this have ever happened if it wasn't for the threat of Epic.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Will the back catalog be available for purchase outside of EA Access? I just want to complete the Mass Effect trilogy and maybe grab Titanfall 2.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Origin still needs to be installed according to SW: Fallen Order's store page. Which almost defeats the point to me. I guess it will make it easier to use Steam Remote Play with EA games though.
Yeah, it's not there yet, but I hope it's going there. If this move from EA was motivated by a forthcoming Steam "console" announcement (running Linux), this level of Origin cooperation will not be sufficient.
It's impossible to say what will happen, but I assume we'll keep needing Origin. After all, if it was separated that way, players from both platforms wouldn't be able to play together. It's kinda like the Xbox Live integration on Switch for cross-platform play.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
While I appreciate the fact that this is cross-platform between Origin and Steam, it seems like a really bad move to not allow people that already bought their games on EA to be allowed to have a copy on Steam, or even get cross-save.

I'd love to get back into Apex when it releases on Steam but what a chore to begin once again with a fresh new profile.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
So it's just the EA Access that is on consoles? I've started playing their games by getting 1 month of Origin Premier so this doesn't really do anything for me.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
While I appreciate the fact that this is cross-platform between Origin and Steam, it seems like a really bad move to not allow people that already bought their games on EA to be allowed to have a copy on Steam, or even get cross-save.

I'd love to get back into Apex when it releases on Steam but what a chore to begin once again with a fresh new profile.
You can link your origin and steam account. As apex is a f2p game, profile should be the same.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing's for sure, this does severely undermine the "AAA is leaving Steam because of the store cut" narrative.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Wow! I might actually buy that new Star Wars game now if it reviews well.

Nice to know my patience has been rewarded. Will be looking forward to picking up Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda, Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition, Dead Space 3, Titanfall 2, etc.

Hopefully this is an indication they'll be adding native controller support for the Mass Effect trilogy at some point. It's time.