• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Let's review the games that's come out from EA this fall.
We have:
plants vs zombies: battle for Neighborville (garden warefare 3)
Which was announced and the same day was in early access. Now full release and barely any coverage or advertisement
Need for Speed: Heat
Newest installment yet got announced end of August and is releasing today with no advertisement or hype really.
Star wars: Fallen Order
While this game has gotten the most advertisement and spot light still seems very little compared to battefront 1 and 2 and it comes out in less then 3 weeks.

Do you think its becasue of the idea of next gen is around the corner so they are just sending these last few games before going all out for the next bunch of games next year.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Plants vs. Zombies is doing pretty well, at least in the UK charts so far.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
PvZ and SW will be fine. NFS has been dead for ages, so that won't be a major loss in the grand scheme of things.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you on PvZ and NFS.

I do believe that advertising for Fallen Order is going to start ramping up soon. They might just be waiting until after Death Stranding releases, since that game's gonna hogging plenty of attention.

(And when some of the inevitable backlash to DS hits and people wanna play a streamlined, straightforward, single player story action adventure game - BAM! - Fallen Order!)

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
EA's big fall games are their sports games. Everything else will barely move the needle either way compared to those, except maybe Star Wars (but with no microtransactions even that's debatable).

They probably don't see it as worth the effort to advertise these games.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
Which was announced and the same day was in early access. Now full release and barely any coverage or advertisement
Really? Maybe it's just me, but I would say 80 % of all the ads I see on Youtube are for the new P vs Z. It's been like that for well over a week now.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Jedi Fallen Order ads have been popping up like clockwork and the previews are very positive. SW pretty much sells itself plus Respawn is a pretty well known studio these days. That game will do just fine

Can't speak about the rest tho

detrenvi

Jan 14, 2018
Really? Maybe it's just me, but I would say 80 % of all the ads I see on Youtube are for the new P vs Z. It's been like that for well over a week now.

When it comes to algorithmic advertising like YouTube, it can very well can be "just me" for all intents and purposes. I watch a boatload of Youtube and haven't seen one single advertisement for PvZ. Plenty for other games, but not for PvZ. Not one.

Oct 27, 2017
There has been a lot of ads for Fallen Order, though you're right, probably not as much as we saw for Battlefront 1 & 2. Wasn't there rumours a few months ago that the people at EA today were not super hyped about the companies commitment to Star Wars?

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
PvZ is doing really good based on various reports. NFS Heat will do great as well imo, pre-orders look really strong based on PSStore ratings and trailer views are big too. Star Wars marketing might be a bit muted for what it is but it had multiple trailers and a bunch of previews and coverage from every big video game site. I swear I hear the same thing with almost every game these days. It's like gamers want publishers to spend like 50$ million on marketing budgets then complain that companies have "unrealisticly high expectations".

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Plants vs Zombies is doing really well in Europe so far so idk what you're talking about.
FIFA, which is also a fall title, is doing great so far.
I do also think that Jedi: Fallen Order is going to sell well, especially when it reviews well which seems to be the case when looking at the previews.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
The biggest marketing trick for Jedi: Fallen Order is the new Star Wars movie coming out soon. This game will sell very well this holiday.

Need for Speed may well crater, but anything's possible.

UK charts indicate PvZ is selling quite decently.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fallen Order is in the top 10 Global Sellers on Steam, i think it will do fine.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Plants vs Zombies is doing really well in Europe so far so idk what you're talking about.
FIFA, which is also a fall title, is doing great so far.
I do also think that Jedi: Fallen Order is going to sell well, especially when it reviews well which seems to be the case when looking at the previews.
I didn't know it was doing well in Europe that's great! And I excluded sports games, fifa, nfl, ,nhl, etc. Because those games always sell well no matter what. And star wars will sell because its star wars but I find it's extremely low advertising atleast here in America so far.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see many game ads on TV but I've seen the PvZ one a few times in the last couple of weeks.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Let's review the games that's come out from EA this fall.
We have:
Need for Speed: Heat
Newest installment yet got announced end of August and is releasing today with no advertisement or hype really.
Star wars: Fallen Order
While this game has gotten the most advertisement and spot light still seems very little compared to battefront 1 and 2 and it comes out in less then 3 weeks.

Do you think its becasue of the idea of next gen is around the corner so they are just sending these last few games before going all out for the next bunch of games next year.

For Star Wars, it's a Star Wars game. The attached name alone will sell the game. Not to mention there's been plenty of TV commercials for the game, multiple ads on websites, and glowing previews. It's one of the "must have games of Novem 2019", if not the year. It's going to sell. PVZ is doing well, it's just catered to a smaller crowd. NFS: Heat, is a different story. The series is dead and Heat could be the game to turn things around. Then again, racing games in general simply aren't doing like they used to. Adding to the success for Forza Horizon 4, most arcadey racing games haven't been able to get from under its shadow. I don't see this game doing well unless it's stellar. EA knows this.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
I didn't know it was doing well in Europe that's great! And I excluded sports games, fifa, nfl, ,nhl, etc. Because those games always sell well no matter what. And star wars will sell because its star wars but I find it's extremely low advertising atleast here in America so far.
I think the marketing and releases of The Mandalorian and Episode IX are going to help sell Jedi: Fallen Order really well. Perhaps EA is also waiting for the last week after the release of Death Stranding to ramp up the marketing machine to 11.

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
IDK, it seems like they are looking for a quick win

but I'll take the StarWars fallen order third-person SP game from respawn

previews have been good and possibly big Blockbuster!

banter

Jan 12, 2018
If star wars dies it because it turns out to be a bad game. The others i do agree with though.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
For Star Wars, it's a Star Wars game. The attached name alone will sell the game. Not to mention there's been plenty of TV commercials for the game, multiple ads on websites, and glowing previews. It's one of the "must have games of Novem 2019", if not the year. It's going to sell. PVZ is doing well, it's just catered to a smaller crowd. NFS: Heat, is a different story. The series is dead and Heat could be the game to turn things around. Then again, racing games in general simply aren't doing like they used to. Adding to the success for Forza Horizon 4, most arcadey racing games haven't been able to get from under its shadow. I don't see this game doing well unless it's stellar. EA knows this.

NFS is far from dead

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah I don't think you need to worry about Star Wars, OP. There's a new movie out very soon and christmas right around the corner too.

Need for Speed on the other hand... not sure what the deal with that one is , feels like it had a smaller budget and some internal metric said it's sales would be the same whether they promoted it a lot or didn't. Plants VS zombies has been in some kind of beta for a while and will likely continue to preform just fine.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I've already seen loads of advertising for Fallen Order and they'll probably end up putting an ad before every showing of Episode IX as well.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Fallen Order is ramping up for sure, I've been getting slammed with ads on YouTube for it in the last 2-3 days

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I think the marketing and releases of The Mandalorian and Episode IX are going to help sell Jedi: Fallen Order really well. Perhaps EA is also waiting for the last week after the release of Death Stranding to ramp up the marketing machine to 11.
Very true. The hype for star wars this winter season is going to be huge.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what are you talking about.

PvZ charted really well in Europe and we need to see NPD chart
Star Wars is going to sell, i mean, the new Movie and The Mandalorian + a new game? That's the best they can ask
Need For Speed is NFS, if Payback didn't kill the franchise, nothing will.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lol what? NFS Heat release is today?

You were not joking, OP. They are sending this out to die.

That said, I'm only really interested in the SW game. NFS games of the edgy/tuner-kind have never been my thing. Criterion's Hot Pursuit 2010 was the last one I really liked.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
EA seems like they're being managed right into the ground these days.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I am seeing a lot of fallen order ads. Pretty sure I saw a few during nfl this week.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
1) PvZ is doing rather well.
2) NFS has been a holiday release for at least two gens now.
3) SW is always going to be one of the big holiday releases, at least under EA.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA got back onto steam specifically to make Fallen Order bigger. And I have a seen a bunch of marketing for it. It seems like the one game they are actually pushing.