• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This was previously hinted at by EA before, but we now have further confirmation that the game (or a specific mobile version) is in the works for the game.
EA is also working to bring the game to China, likely through its current partner which is Tencent.

We're also working aggressively to bring the game to more players in more markets and platforms around the world. We are still at the very beginning of this exciting journey with Apex Legends, and we look forward to sharing more as we go – including the first details of Season 2 at EA PLAY in June.

We are in advanced negotiations to bring Apex Legends to China and to mobile, and we will update you on time frames when those negotiations are concluded.

https://s22.q4cdn.com/894350492/files/doc_financials/2019/q4/Q4-FY19-Prepared-Remarks-Final-(1).pdf

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nice. I am not really following any of these BR game, which one is on the top in terms of player count?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, but I don't know how folks play these type of games on mobile. The onscreen controls are never quite what they should be

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Fortnite just added controller support a few weeks ago and it's pretty good. Hopefully Apex does the same. The 120Hz screen on my iPad Pro is begging for it.

Yeah I have the 11inch Pro as well so I want to see if there any games that would make good use of it and Apex Legends would be fun for a few rounds once in a while if it plays well.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
How does Source run on Mobile? UE4 is built around multiple support for mobile and all consoles.

If the mobile version uses Source it'll be the first Source game (officially) on a portable platform ever, so there is no precedent on performance, and even if there was, Respawn's Source branch is too far removed from Valve's for one too matter.

Honestly I'd bet on this being on a completely different engine (Unity maybe?) but using the Source version's assets.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It was a bit crazy to not launch with the most popular version, but I guess they're taking the slow approach.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Switch port confirmed?

Makes sense they would do this with all the others doing it...

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apex ready for that jump. Will be interesting to see numbers compared to PUBG and Fortnite after some time.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Big news for Apex but won't this get banned in China eventually anyway?

On the switch talk, it's good news in a way. It'll likely get a port of the mobile version eventually but wouldn't you prefer it to be a port of the AAA version?