• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
EA's second quarter fiscal 2021 earnings call

DICE is creating our next Battlefield game with never-before-seen scale. The technical advancements of the new consoles are allowing the team to deliver on a true next-gen vision for the franchise. We have hands-on play testing underway internally, and the team's been getting very positive feedback on the game as we've begun to engage our community.

The next Battlefield is set to launch in holiday 2021, and we are excited to share a lot more about the game in the spring.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Dope, can't wait

Glad they're ditching last-gen ASAP, don't need another Hardline ;)

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait, please be modern day. Sounds like it's not going to be cross gen, which is great.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
BF5 was a huge disappointment, but I'm so hyped about a next gen Battlefield. I'm sure it's gonna be among the most technically impressive games next year and the fact Zampella is involved makes me confident in the quality of the final thing.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
Loved BF1, HATED BF5, so fingers crossed.
I'm the opposite, i HATED bf1. I liked BF5 in the beginning but then they kept patching the gameplay to a point i didnt like it anymore. Also, the completely random match making made a already bad experience even worse. Regardless of how this next bf looks, at best ill get a 1 month pass to ea play or whatever and just play that and be done with it.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed they can really nail this. I've missed being excited about Battlefield :(

Also, man, next-gen Frostbite is gonna look insane.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I hope Zampella pushes for crossplay at launch for this and all of EA's other 2021+ games

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
damn i'm not gonna lie, i'm hyped. i hope it has a modern military setting and is the exact opposite of BF5. rush and conquest should be the only focus for maps. i want to start and land planes. i want destruction. i want a GOOD singleplayer campaign. i want a good amount of maps.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
BF series seems to be the only fps franchise that I enjoy these days. Looking forward to it and hoping it's a modern setting.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Stop dumbing down classes and weapon attachment tree! Can't wait to come home to BF after this little affair with modern warfare

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Pretty freaking excited for this after rumors it's modern again, never liked WW games so I didn't get into BF1 or BF5. Dice does incredible work with powerful hardware so this is gonna be a real looker, hopefully this time the content backs it up though. BF5 was terrible in that regard.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
In before 256 player infantry grenade spam cluterfucks with vehicles thrown in as an afterthought to appease people who played the series before BF3 happened.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
This will be the Battlefield 3 demo moment all over again, isn't it? I can't wait for this next gen game. Dice are wizards more often then not.

youtu.be

Battlefield 3: Official Full Demo Trailer

12 minutes of gameplay footage from the intense military shooter Battlefield 3. Watch the full demo of the new FPS game in this trailer.IGN's YouTube is just...

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Thank god. All my mates are on modern warfare these days and the mp design is just flat out awful imo. Hoping this brings them back into the bf fold

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully someone other than DICE is going to have a say in this title. They've completely lost the plot. BF5, save a few maps, was hot garbage.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Yeeeaaaaah, put me in the camp with others that have all excitement tempered due to Battlefield 5. I didn't even hate it as much as others and still think it had a bunch of good ideas. But the project was just a total fucking mess top to bottom that never, ever came together and was littered with awful directional choices that persisted right up until the end.

I really hope this is a kick up the arse for the franchise.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
Oh shit, never knew this!
Wait, Zampella is part of the team? :O
He's the head of DICE LA now.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Respawn Entertainment Co-Founder Vince Zampella to Head DICE’s L.A.-Based Game Studio

Vince Zampella, co-founder and CEO of video game developer Respawn Entertainment, will now head up the Los Angeles outpost of DICE, a game studio headquartered in Sweden that is best known for the 'Battlefield' and 'Star Wars: Battlefront' series.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Lots of PR talk obviously. Squad already has 100 Player Servers with Helicopters and Tanks. If an Indie studio can pull this off (which is impressive) I sure hope Dice can deliver even more.

And yes, BF with its destruction is alot more complex.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
He's the head of DICE LA now.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Respawn Entertainment Co-Founder Vince Zampella to Head DICE’s L.A.-Based Game Studio

Vince Zampella, co-founder and CEO of video game developer Respawn Entertainment, will now head up the Los Angeles outpost of DICE, a game studio headquartered in Sweden that is best known for the 'Battlefield' and 'Star Wars: Battlefront' series.

DICE LA is not working on BF and they are going to be renamed and work on new stuff.

DICE Stockholm is leading development on Battlefield 2021

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
them going next-gen only could prove smart move, can't wait to see destruction possible on next-gen hardware