• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Didn't find a way of making it a good title.
From Daniel Ahmad/Zhuge:

Full quote, from Twinfinite:
"We're always looking and discussing with Nintendo about what else we can put on the platform, and you can imagine that as the platform grows, our interest in adding content for that platform grows.

But we're also conscious that the top selling titles by a long shot are all Nintendo software, which is fabulous software but it helpus us balance the reality of how big our market could be there.

But trust that we're looking at that and you'll hear some new things on the future that we're putting on the platform, and we're very pleased of how it has grown alongside the growth of both Sony and Microsoft's platforms."

I believe this is the same statement as last year.
Always found weird that publishers get cold feet when seeing that Nintendo is the top publisher on their own platform when said publisher (EA here) is not doing any effort.

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
I can taste the salt from all the way over here. Things have felt weird since Wii U with them. EA just doesn't want to play ball. Everybody loses.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I don't get why third parties always bring up the fact that the highest selling Switch games are Nintendo games. Like, duh! Nintendo characters are icons, of course their games are going to be super popular! -_-

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Port Mass Effect Trilogy you cowards.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They(EA and third parties in general) can only get out what they put in and so far they've been putting in an absolute shit effort.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When a Switch version of Burnout Paradise Remastered didn't happen alongside the other platforms, it was pretty obvious EA has no plans for the system. That was an absolute no-brainer of a port.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I preemptively rolled my eyes reading the thread title, and it turns out that's exactly the right response. Three paragraphs stating nothing.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Are they wrong? What titles do they have that would do crazy sales on Switch? I just don't see it.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Switch just set the record for most consoles sold in a year (from what I understand), and EA says they've got nothing for it.

Sucks for them I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of EAs game are annual Fee to Pay games and the other ones were not good the last year, so...
I don't miss them one bit.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
There's specific EA franchises that would absolutely do well on Switch, Sims comes to mind immediately. Likewise that Burnout Remaster was a no brainer?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I don't get why third parties always bring up the fact that the highest selling Switch games are Nintendo games. Like, duh! Nintendo characters are icons, of course their games are going to be super popular! -_-

Also, is that not the case for the other platforms? I guess not, with things like COD and Madden, right? Gears and The Last Of Us not outsell those?

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
All this time I thought the Switch was outputting in HD but I guess not

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you ranked the top 50 switch games, how many would be Nintendo titles?

Because that seems like 99% of NPD when looking at switch only.

Dec 11, 2017
Astral Chain sold 1 million copies.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order sold 1 million copies.

I'm sure an EA Star Wars title could bust out 1 million copies on Nintendo Switch.

JJConrad

Nov 3, 2017
Every license holder doing business with EA should be giving them hell right now.

Disney... I'm especially talking about you!

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
It's so god damn weird to me that Microsoft has put more effort in the Switch than EA (and other third party publishers).

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Think outside the box. Don't start with sports. Maybe something new would do well for you EA

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Switch isn't an HD console now? Whatever, the Switch is better off without their micro-transaction fueled nonsense anyways. Nintendo titles sell well because they don't make you buy trading card packs to get the things you want in the game. Funny how that works.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you ranked the top 50 switch games, how many would be Nintendo titles?

Because that seems like 99% of NPD when looking at switch only.

What third party games currently on Switch should be selling even as well as Nintendo's lower tier hits?

Unravel 2 isn't a multi million seller.

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
You know I think that Star Wars thingy-ma-jig could possibly be popular with Switch owners.
Oh yeah this too. I guess I included that in "old port" since Battlefront is a no, and I can't see them porting Jedi Fallen Order.
At least the Switch got the superior Jedi game already with Jedi Knight 2.

edit:
They know their market
I'm not sure they do given the version of the game they call FIFA on Switch.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
Are they wrong? What titles do they have that would do crazy sales on Switch? I just don't see it.
At minimum, there's no reason to believe a remastered version of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or any number of EA properties wouldn't do as well there as other platforms.

For their current software, there was also no reason to believe FIFA with feature parity wouldn't have done well. I think there's a market for Apex to succeed as well.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Cautious that top sellers are mostly Nintendo titles.
Literally the only game they put out on Switch this year was most likely a million seller and is outselling the more feature-rich XB1 version in most markets.

"Yeah, but we're mad that it didn't sell as well as Mario Kart."

Just put games on it and they will sell. Sims 4 is the most glaring omission.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Just put Battlefield 1943 on there for 10-15 bucks. Watch it explode.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
Beyond the salt, is it true? Are the Nintendo games on the top seller all the time? I guess the ROI isn't high enough for them (EA).

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Check the top ten of just about any Nintendo system, 8-9 are guaranteed to be first party.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
There's specific EA franchises that would absolutely do well on Switch, Sims comes to mind immediately. Likewise that Burnout Remaster was a no brainer?
EA just isn't interested in developing for Switch, regardless of how much sense it makes. Watch them release Mass Effect remasters this year that skip Switch, too.