• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bootador

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure this means anything really though, basically it'll be the same way as they're partnered with City/Spurs - if it's anything like the City partnership for example they'll be in the demo and the Liverpool site will do some sponsored Fifa/Liverpool crossover content and vice versa, and that's about it.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What do they have to do with the discussion? I'm not a fan.

I'm sure they've won many league titles in the same timeframe.

It's just Liverpool that have struggled domestically since forever.
You sound so bitter. My bad at thinking you are a Man Shitty fan, you sound like a bitter rival though. lol

With all that saltiness, your blood pressure must be high.

YMPjjcJ.jpg

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
World is a bigger place than Everton, Manchester etc., maybe look beyond that?

Some of you have been too focused on the rivalry within England that can't see things clearly anymore.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
How can you be champions of Europe if you haven't won the league in decades
I'm confused, especially as an American trying to learn the sport. I thought the winner of the UEFA Champions League was the champion of Europe for that year? Isn't it the only tournament venue to determine that? I thought the Div 1 league winners were a completely separate thing?

Watching the Juventus documentary on Netflix gave me the impression that their entire club and ownership were/are focused on winning Champions League. The players interviewed talked about winning the Champions League as thier top goal.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow such an exciting development. A club, which is always in the game, will be in the game once again. Well worth the €70 for this yearly rehash. Preorder now! /s

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused, especially as an American trying to learn the sport. I thought the winner of the UEFA Champions League was the champion of Europe for that year? Isn't it the only tournament venue to determine that? I thought the Div 1 league winners were a completely separate thing?

Watching the Juventus documentary on Netflix gave me the impression that their entire club and ownership were/are focused on winning Champions League. The players interviewed talked about winning the Champions League as thier top goal.

Don't listen to what he say. Champions League is the biggest and most prestigious football club competition in the world. Clubs don't give a shit about national trophies if they can win it. And neither the fans. You can't go bigger than CL at club level.

And Juventus have no opposition whatsoever in the Italian league so the CL is the really the only objective each year.

Liverpool is at this point the best club in the world.

Last edited:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

You are completely right.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this didn't happen sooner.

They are so dominant in their league their only target is the CL. Similarly with Bayern. The CL is much harder to win simply due to the nature of tournament football thus the more desirable trophy.

And to the person above chatting nonsense Liverpool are the champions of Europe. They won the CL, that's what you get called until somebody else puts their name on the trophy.

Last edited:

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Liverpool are struggling domestically now? They just had an amazing season with the 3rd highest total points ever in a single season. Them and Man City made the league look like a complete joke. Scottish league tier competition.

I guess they just have some dedicated haters.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
EA just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about football culture (I'm an expert), but not being whingey red cunts is a huge part of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an wife beater or racist. If you support Liverpool in the EPL, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the footballing public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FIFA20 for any system, nor will they purchase any of EA's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but EA has alienated an entire market with this move.

EA, publicly apologize and condemn the entire city of Liverpool, each surviving member of the Beatles and Scouse made with beetroot or you can kiss your business goodbye.
This is golden.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Some of you have been too focused on the rivalry within England that can't see things clearly anymore.
To win the Champions League this year, Liverpool beat the Champions of France, Germany, Portugal and Spain. Hence Champions of Europe.

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
So according to some of you Liverpool...
1) haven't been struggling domestically for decades because they've got many point in one year, though even in that year they've finished in 2nd place.
2) don't care about the league anyway, although they've been willing to kill their grandma to get 1 title, even a worse situation than Juventus with CL.
3) won it 6 times so everyone is salty and envious! Although 6 is a pretty good number, it's still 3rd best in Europe, and the gap to the top is so massive that even if they get the same amount of titles they have got in their history, it still wouldn't be enough, it's like a team with 2 CLs challenging Liverpool for the number of CLs and European cups, and calling them "salty".

fersnake

Nov 17, 2017
Guatemala
i really dont get it, the problem with pes previous years was because of EA having the licenses from FIFA, but now they're buying individual teams to be in there? how that works?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So according to some of you Liverpool...
1) haven't been struggling domestically for decades because they've got many point in one year, though even in that year they've finished in 2nd place.
2) don't care about the league anyway, although they've been willing to kill their grandma to get 1 title, even a worse situation than Juventus with CL.
3) won it 6 times so everyone is salty and envious! Although 6 is a pretty good number, it's still 3rd best in Europe, and the gap to the top is so massive that even if they get the same amount of titles they have got in their history, it still wouldn't be enough, it's like a team with 2 CLs challenging Liverpool for the number of CLs and European cups, and calling them "salty".
1) What no? Why would recent success change the mediocre to straight up days away from administration days? We are just enjoying being to back-to-back CL finals (every team but Real would kill for that) and the best League performance most of us have probably ever seen since being born, due to said years.
2) Again what? You'd struggle to find a Liverpool fan who wouldn't trade in the 6th for a PL title, I have seen us win the CL 2 times now, I want nothing more than seeing us lift the Prem.
3) LoL, no one should even bother then, because Real have 13? I think most would be happy with 1, nevermind 6, Real having even more than that means nothing when even just 1 is significant and carries the Title Champions of Europe, whether you like it or not.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
There are people in this thread who're making me want to defend Liverpool and this is without a doubt the worst thing that's ever happened to me

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That shows the level of delusion though, barely anyone outside England thinks about Liverpool, or sees them as a rival. So "6 times", "bestest ever" are like new concepts for global forums like this one. People can only shake their heads.
Dunno, a good 750,000+ thought about us enough to travel to Liverpool. A city which at its centre houses about 400,000, many of which don't care about football or are bitters.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People sure are salty in this thread, being champions of Europe trumps any domestic achievement. Liverpool are the best team in Europe right now and only marginally lost the league to City in a two-horse competition.

I'm an Arsenal fan and can happily accept this, seems there are some Manchester fans out here being salty. Yes, they have not won the premier league in ages but when they've won the CL twice at that point (and been to the final 4 times since premier league started), it's not that big of a deal.

Oct 25, 2017

That shows the level of delusion though, barely anyone outside England thinks about Liverpool, or sees them as a rival. So "6 times", "bestest ever" are like new concepts for global forums like this one. People can only shake their heads.
Make your mind up pal. Which is it?

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Don't listen to what he say. Champions League is the biggest and most prestigious football club competition in the world. Clubs don't give a shit about national trophies if they can win it. And neither the fans. You can't go bigger than CL at club level.

And Juventus have no opposition whatsoever in the Italian league so the CL is the really the only objective each year.

Liverpool is at this point the best club in the world.

Fans in England do tend to care about domestic, especially the league. I would think majority of Liverpool fans would rather win the league than the champions league. The only reason the likes of PSG, Juventus and Bayern care so much is because there is no competition for them in their own countries. Liverpool are a great club, but they didn't win the league so whether they can be called the best in the world I'm not sure.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Fans in England do tend to care about domestic, especially the league. I would think majority of Liverpool fans would rather win the league than the champions league. The only reason the likes of PSG, Juventus and Bayern care so much is because there is no competition for them in their own countries. Liverpool are a great club, but they didn't win the league so whether they can be called the best in the world I'm not sure.

I serious doubt that, no fan is gonna choose the league instead of CL.
And teams want the CL even if there's competition on their own leagues, ask Real Madrid if they give a shit about the La Liga trophy if they can have the Chammpions League instead.
At the end of the day all the big clubs want the biggest trophy.

You do realize that Real Madrid have been the best team in the world in this last couple of years and they only won the league like once.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Barcelona have won their league 25 times, Real Madrid 33. But Barcelona could win the league every year for the next 15 years and they'd still not be the mega club Real are and the main reason for that is the CL. There is a kudos that comes from wining the CL that simply transcends football and even other sports. The CL final is bigger than the world cup final. The standard of football is higher, the money is greater, public hype is greater. As others mention, there is a reason that PSG/Bayern/City's owners desperately want to win the CL. It's why Lionel Messi remains absolutely devastated by his teams performance this season (they won the league). Winning the domestic league simply isn't prestigious enough. Winning the league is what Celtic and Total Network Solutions have been doing for years.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Good news for LFC... not so much for gamers if PES is going back to Merseyside red haha.