• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope we get a new Fight Night on next gen consoles, I was playing the last entry on back compat through XB1X and it still holds up well. But with the direction EA has been heading with their Sports titles I don't have much trust that it won't be focused on a massive amount of grind and MTX.
Yeah I finally played the single player campaign and it was surprisingly good.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dealing with the boxing industry is a complete pain in the ass as far as licensing goes so I'm not surprised EA hasn't tried to mess with it in so long.

Eddie Hearn probably just wants to try and make more money off Anthony Joshua while he still can lol

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
It would probably make sense to alternate between UFC and Fight Night alternative years, or even add a third sport and go once every three years if necessary...

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Man don't fucking play with me EA. Like forreal forreal.

I been practically begging for a new Fight Night since Champion.

I really don't care for y'all as a company nor do I really fuck with most y'all games, so if there's an opportunity for ME to throw some loot YOUR way, then you BETTER fuckin' take it

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
With the current big names across the heavyweight and other divisions and the new generation about to begin it's really great timing.

Fight night won't stand up as a series again but as a one off next gen graphical showcase, absolutely.

A half decent version of the game should make at least a few million sales.

Additionally there's a chance to wrap the most complete and best looking boxing game as a VR experience with the package.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
But I guess this rules Fight Night out as that mystery 4th EA Sports title to release this fiscal year

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It would probably make sense to alternate between UFC and Fight Night alternative years, or even add a third sport and go once every three years if necessary...

the licensing costs probably don't make that realistic. id imagine the reason then dropped boxing and went to UFC in the first place is UFC is a single entity. You pay them a fee you get everything.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
My babymother Clarissa Shields already said it was in Development past summer EA signed her to be in it.

Hard to say if it's on development and confirmed by Clarissa, because there was another boxing game that indeed was on development by a different company and it was contacting different boxers including ex heavyweight champion andy ruiz.
You can see that here:
https://twitter.com/round4roundgame

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not a boxing fan but I always loved the Fight Night games and I'd definitely get a next-gen reboot.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
It doesn't have to be regularly released but the ps5 gen should get at least one fight night. And maybe a sequel 3 or 4 years later.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was just thinking about this series the other day. It's bizarre that Champion, which will be a decade old next year, is still the most recent entry.
At least it's BC on Xbox and can be easily accessible in the future on the platform. It still holds up even graphically.
It doesn't have to be regularly released but the ps5 gen should get at least one fight night. And maybe a sequel 3 or 4 years later.
Hopefully it happens. I think the winner of Wilder vs Fury 2 is the perfect person to put on the cover.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a proper next-gen Fight Night, but I have a feeling whatever they make will be half-assed and won't look any better than UFC (which, IMO, doesn't look near as good as Fight Night did a whole generation ago).

Oct 25, 2017
I still play Fight Night Round 3 on my Vita because it is so, so good. I miss those games. UFC/MMA just isn't the same as a good boxing game.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Dealing with the boxing industry is a complete pain in the ass as far as licensing goes so I'm not surprised EA hasn't tried to mess with it in so long.

Eddie Hearn probably just wants to try and make more money off Anthony Joshua while he still can lol

Pretty much.
But at this point, everyone's thirsty for another fight night, they could make a complete new one with fiction characters and the great character creator fight night champion had.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a proper next-gen Fight Night, but I have a feeling whatever they make will be half-assed and won't look any better than UFC (which, IMO, doesn't look near as good as Fight Night did a whole generation ago).

Cmon...the first ufc title looks a generation ahead of champion.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Wonder how they would work out the fighter rights. Cause i just can't imagine EA negotiating separate deals for every fighter.

Pretty much how they've always done it. Unfortunately it's why some guys like Floyd didn't appear in the later versions. He wanted too much $$$.

This would be fantastic news. FNR4 and Champion were awesome and better showings than anything EA has done with the UFC series.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
What is EA even doing these days? They're sitting on so many awesome IP and whatnot but have become one of the most risk-averse companies in the industry. And where would they be without DICE and Respawn?

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
so long as they get rid if the haymaker system. made online fights borderline unplayable and didnt feel like boxing. single player was amazing though.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Yo i played all the fight night, all the knockout kings too since the ps1, we always got a boxing game from ea every gen, fight night 3 was my favorite please ea give us one with wilder and fury on the cover

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
so long as they get rid if the haymaker system. made online fights borderline unplayable and didnt feel like boxing. single player was amazing though.

I don't dislike the haymakers, but I quite liked the parry system of FN3, where you were able to punish the hell out of the opponent for being able to time his attack AND direction.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Fight Night Champion is one of my favourite games of all time.

I would absolutely love another one.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif