• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 11, 2017
India
We want to be very clear on our position: these behaviors are never ok -- not in our communities or any others. Electronic Arts supports everyone that has come forward to report abuse and we are asking anyone who has experienced any kind of harassment or sexual misconduct in our community to come forward.

We take every allegation seriously and we investigate it. We are deeply committed to ensuring there is safe space for people to come forward and taking the right actions on behalf of our community. The stories we've heard recently make it clear there is still a lot of work to be done in our industry.

www.ea.com

Reporting Abuse, Harassment & Misconduct in Our Industry

We’ve seen and heard a number of disturbing stories around sexual harassment, abuse and misconduct in our industry. These behaviors are never ok, not in our communities or any others.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I may be ignorant to something, and I'm not interested in most of EA's games, but one thing that's been more clear to me in the last couple years is EA does treat their employees better than most in the industry. Talking both their job security and how they pay employees above the current game industry standard, so I believe them on this as well.

They still do crunch too and all of that, but I have heard they're a better big game company to work for than most out there.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
The part where EA puts out this statement BEFORE a zillion cases out of their offices come to light says a lot about this company's culture in comparison. I'll be fine with good guy EA for a while, honestly. Please don't disappoint me.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Even some of you hate EA's policy or games, they really know how to treat their employees. They are doing good stuff for many non profit organizations

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
I hate that companies only care about scandals after being lambasted by the general public. The whole process is completely traumatic and damaging to everyone. I take EA's care about this topic as a positive influence overall.

OP
OP
Pingal Pratyush
Dec 11, 2017
India
I may be ignorant to something, and I'm not interested in most of EA's games, but one thing that's been more clear to me in the last couple years is EA does treat their employees better than most in the industry. Talking both their job security and how they pay employees above the current game industry standard, so I believe them on this as well.

They still do crunch too and all of that, but I have heard they're a better big game company to work for than most out there.
That's the first and foremost thing, to treat your workforce and human capital with respect. Props to EA for that.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
That's cool and all but they've done jack shit to prevent this stuff in their games since... forever?
Just watch NHL players play the latest EA release and how awful that community is.
How about work on that, EA.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
If I'm not wrong, I think EA was one of the big gaming companies celebrating pride and explicitly supporting their LGBTI employees publicly. Of course, I don't know they walk the walk.

Hope they got a good work environment for everyone. Hope and wish all devs have good work culture.