• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, hold up guys.

If EA Play is included...

And there are all these rumors of next gen Mass Effect remasters...

giphy.gif

Brentos

Oct 28, 2017
Super cool - but I must say, most of EA's games should probably already be free to play, with the amount of micro-transactions in them. I'll probably at least try some of them out, at some stage. I probably wouldn't spend money on EA games, otherwise (I can't even remember the last time I bought an EA game...probably dead space).

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
This is great.

What if you already subscribe to EA Access Premier EA Play Pro and Gamepass? Will my sub to Premier go down in price? How are they handling this?

EDIT: Didn't realize they changed the name to EA Play Pro.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Honestly pretty crazy that you also get the discount on new EA games, 10 hour trials of new games and all that other stuff. Like it's not even watered down to only the games...

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a nice value add: EA Play for Xbox is nearly everything they've released on Xbox One, plus a significant portion of their non-Sports games they released for the 360. If it wasn't for the fact that it had an RRP for £20/year, it would be a decent addition. As it is, whatever. Bigger news is EA games coming to Xbox Cloud.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
God damn. Gamepass already has been an insane value and this just makes it mindblowingly good. Here's hoping it carries on like this because man is it nice being able to play so many games I probably would have never experienced if I had to separately buy them.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Would like to see the OG Bioware Xbox games get up there. Mass Effect, KOTOR, Jade Empire...

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
Isn't it $15 per month or am I reading it wrong?

Yep, $15. Still the best value, obviously.

It's also by far the best value on launch day, meaning for the first time ever you can walk out of the store with a console only, and get home with hundreds of games to play with (lots of old ones obviously, but also brand new ones and next-gen exclusives - albeit 3rd party).

Which makes me think the ultimate announcement would be an extended GP(U) trial bundled with the new consoles.
I think 14 days is the default trial, if they could extend that to 3 months it would make their proposition even crazier.

But tbh I'm not holding my breath for this, they already have a great argument with the 299/249 price tag.

Dec 15, 2017
As a side note, yesterday I read an smash argentinian player saying that the switch costed $75.000 argentinian pesos (Around 780.000) and I was mesmerized since that costs twice than the price here in Chile (I travlled to Argentina last october and I was shocked to see the one x around that price at the airport)

You can basically pay a trip to chile and buy the consoles here, but I would rather pay twice than visit Chile!
Yep that why a couple of years ago we used to storm the malls in Santiago. Clothing and electronics were a lot cheaper.

But nowadays we can use Amazon and get stuff from the US. Even then we will never get to pay US prices unless you have the chance to travel

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
The Sims is pretty massive thing to be part of Game Pass
Yep, my kids (and niece) have been really into Sims as part of my subscription to the point where they now specifically want an Xbox in order to play Sims (despite having other consoles where it can also be played).

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
First time a service has been the main contributor to me potentially buying a new system. But here we are, insane value

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I know Cosmic Star Heroine isn't included in this (it's available on Origin's PC service) and I imagine other 3rd parties aren't included as well.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Bought BF4 because my EA Access got cancelled since the service felt like a rip-off with so few games and new games compared to Game Pass. This news was expected and the least exciting Game Pass change for me but just keeps adding to that value.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Microsoft is doing everything right. I love their new approach, the new consoles, the service.
Congratulations are in order i guess, i hope the market will respond accordingly.

StUnNeR H2K

Dec 1, 2017
Yukon, OK
I know everyone has strong opinions of EA, and I agree they are not really consumer friendly, but the reason I see this deal working (for EA) is the number of Game Pass subs are so high that EA sees it as exposure to their games which have a lot of microtransactions in them, so letting someone play a old copy of Madden/FIFA for free is just a opportunity to drag is a little cash from Ultimate Team purchases but also maybe purchase the new versions of the game that haven't been added to EA Play/Access for free to play.

It also helps MS with Game Pass subs by increasing the value, and adding to PC IMO is bigger than the console addition. MS finally following up and delivering on the PC promises. We should all be thankful for Mr. Spencer, cause without him I don't think any of this happens. It is good for gaming overall not just the Xbox brand, as it will push the other companies to do something similar or better, thus pushing Xbox/MS to up the game again.

Also incoming Mass Effect Trilogy announcement, and if that would include the EA Play discount/gamepass discount along with a free trial through the EA Play/Access (possibly, as they didn't do the free trial with the recent Star Wars game).

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ah so this was the thing that insiders were referring to. It's a really good stable of content to add to gamepass, no doubt.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
I don't think I've ever used EA Access for anything other than the discount on EA games and DLC.
I'm glad it's getting rolled in though... one less thing to pay for.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Please note that EA Play doesn't do day and date game launches like Microsoft Studios do on Game Pass.

EA games usually enter the EA Access vault about 6-12 months after release.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Damn, that's good value. I was going to sub to EA Play when it hit Steam, glad I didn't now lol

I do wish I'd paid for even longer of gamepass ultimate though... got 2 years for £60 and could have done more.