• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I'm actually mad about that.

What the heck, EA/Xbox? This is not a "game delayed" type of thing, I'm paying monthly for this thing.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
This must of been a last minute decision if they were in the process of writing the exact opposite news in the blog post.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i'm sure this has to do with both the xbox app and the ea play app both sucking and not being able to talk to each other which is probably good that they have to go out of their way to fix both

but kinda scummy that they waited until the last second to announce it

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
The timing and blog post statement makes this pretty clear it was a very last minute change. Considering that unlike Xbox the EA games are not integrated directly in the Game Pass interface on PC and instead require you to link your EA account and still use their launcher I expect it was down to technical issues and strongarm by EA to keep it that way instead of having their games available on the Win10 Store to be launched via the Game Pass UI flow

It's a shame as I was looking forward to it but at the same time it sounds like it should be resolved by Feb at least
Idk, you can find all the games (at least the ones i looked for Mass effect, dead space, dragon age) on the microsoft store already, there isnt an option to even buy them tho, just redeem code.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
The timing and blog post statement makes this pretty clear it was a very last minute change. Considering that unlike Xbox the EA games are not integrated directly in the Game Pass interface on PC and instead require you to link your EA account and still use their launcher I expect it was down to technical issues and strongarm by EA to keep it that way instead of having their games available on the Win10 Store to be launched via the Game Pass UI flow

It's a shame as I was looking forward to it but at the same time it sounds like it should be resolved by Feb at least

I feel like you're right, but it's still strange how last minute it is.

Oct 28, 2017
EA ran out of money to buy Codemasters? as a result they are trying make sales on EA Play from Origin/EA or Steam? (instead of freebies for Game Pass PC)

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
We're aware players from Brazil are experiencing access restriction to the EA Desktop Beta. We're still working on it, but unable to give you access just yet. In the meantime, you'll find the regular version of Origin will still provide access to your games and content.
answers.ea.com

Re: Offline status - login brazilian players

Hi, Thanks again for checking in with us. We're aware players from Brazil are experiencing access restriction to the EA Desktop Beta. We're still working on it, but unable to give you access just yet. In the meantime, you'll find the regular version of Origin will still provide access to you...

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I wonder if this has something to do with the Xbox app breaking recently. Maybe they had begun integrating whatever code supported the Origin layer EA probably required, and it ended up breaking a bunch of shit.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Honestly so glad I canceled Gamepass PC months ago. Taking a broken app out of "Beta" and doubling the price was too much.

I almost didn't buy Jedi Fallen Order during the last Steam sale because EA Play was coming to Gamepass, but decided that owning it for $20-something was the better move. And now this happens, I made the right decision.

Announcing this the day of though? Takes some serious stones lmao.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
What happened? No issues here
It fails to recognize your subscription to Gamepass. A lot of people(including myself) have been unable to download/play gamepass games through the app for over a week now, though you can apparently still do so through the Microsoft store, but I haven't verified that personally.

Edit: I actually just checked and now the app recognizes my sub, so maybe they sorted that out, but yea for about a week I basically could only play the games I currently had downloaded, and only by directly accessing the app on my pc.

Shadow Dancer

Prophet of Regret
Jul 22, 2019
It fails to recognize your subscription to Gamepass. A lot of people(including myself) have been unable to download/play gamepass games through the app for over a week now, though you can apparently still do so through the Microsoft store, but I haven't verified that personally.

I have this issue. And you can download the games through MS Store with no problem.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'll be honest, not much of value was lost. On the XSX, I've only installed Peggle 2 and Jedi Fallen Order. There are a few others I'm on the fence about (maybe trying a UFC game, maybe playing through Unraveled), but it's a pretty underwhelming service on the whole. The vast majority of titles are old sports games (utterly pointless to have any edition prior to the previous year) and there's a stark contrast in the amount of content from the 360 generation as well. You see so many Xbox 360 covers and then really a relative handful of covers otherwise, with again, most being sports titles. I was sort of surprised to be reminded at how "safe" EA played it last gen apparently.

It's certainly a nice bonus, but the actual value of the service to me is extremely minimal.

PC Game Pass continues to disappoint.
Crusader Kings 3 and Outer Worlds basically paid the cost of service for the entire time I've had it personally. There are a ton of good games on there -- I can agree that the installation process an Windows Store integration mess is supremely frustrating though.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I know it'll come eventually, but I'm glad I got a Series X despite having a capable PC. Between the games coming sooner and the shitty data management, Game Pass is just an all around better experience on Xbox than on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to get worried about this one. I was hoping that it would just be a connection to Origin and that I could use the Origin client to manage my EA games. Wouldn't that be really simple to implement, just link a MS account to an EA account?

Microsoft Store is fucking shit and I want to use it the least amount possible.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Wow, talk about a disappointment. I subbed right in time for EA Play and that's what I get. If they don't release until February I will be pretty pissed I wasted my free trial and didn't get EA Play.

I woke up and went running to my PC to download Fallen Order. What hurts the most is they couldn't even delay last night, they waited for literally the last second. Only makes GamePass look worse and messier than it already is.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I am starting to get worried about this one. I was hoping that it would just be a connection to Origin and that I could use the Origin client to manage my EA games. Wouldn't that be really simple to implement, just link a MS account to an EA account?

Microsoft Store is fucking shit and I want to use it the least amount possible.
Im the opposite, for me that would have been such a huge disappointment, you either have all the gamepass games on the gamepass app or it might as well not exist for me. Nothing against giving people the option to do that, but it would be absolutely ridiculous to me to need two apps just to manage all games from the same service.

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
I'm actually heartbroken. I've been DYING to play Fallen Order. I don't own an Xbox and it feels like everything I'm interested in never comes to PC until later. I would have had more of a chance to play Doom if it arrived earlier on PC, and I'd kill to play Control right now. Even something like Skyrim, I'd love to play it on PC, but also, do not want to buy it a third time. Obviously I doubt this is something they wanted to do, it's just unfortunate. There's still a long way to go for parity between GamePass for Xbox and PC.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This trailer is only 4 days old...

GPqbspa.png

2pEOs5O.png

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Totally forgot about this. Anyway not fimilar with EA Play, but could I play the Mass Effect Legendary Edition, or whatever they called that new remake bundle, day 1 or is it more of after some time games appear on it kind of deal?

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Totally forgot about this. Anyway not fimilar with EA Play, but could I play the Mass Effect Legendary Edition, or whatever they called that new remake bundle, day 1 or is it more of after some time games appear on it kind of deal?
Usually after a year, you get a 10h trial of new games and can buy them at a discount.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Think I'm cancelling. PC feels like an afterthought compared to Xbox Gamepass.

But Microsoft doesn't care where you play right? /s.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if there was technical issues putting that into the Xbox app.

I know it will never happen but I wish Game Pass was just put on Steam, would make a lot of the issues Game Pass PC has go away.

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
Wow. Feels like this must've been a massive showstopper bug or something at the last possible minute, they've certainly been promoting the December 15th date over the past few days even. Whatever happened must be really bad for them to delay at this point. Even if there was an issue that came up that required a workaround or extra effort on the users' part, that would be better in my mind than straight up delaying the whole thing. I definitely feel for those who have to fix all of this at this time of year. I'm assuming they're saying 2021 because there'll probably be less work done over the holidays, but if they don't have a new date sometime in January then they probably shouldn't have announced a date to begin with if there was this much work to do in so little time.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Horrible miscommunication between the teams for this to happen. You don't cancel what is basically a new service in the day of release.

I'll wait though, I've been getting my Gamepass from Microsoft rewards so I can't really complain that much. I was just excited to use the service, there's quite a few games I want to try.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Wonder if there was technical issues putting that into the Xbox app.

I know it will never happen but I wish Game Pass was just put on Steam, would make a lot of the issues Game Pass PC has go away.
Are they merging it? I was under the impression that it was just a bundled sub for EA Play using the EA Desktop app (formerly known as Origin), though I don't really know for sure.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Will be interesting to see if this is delayed waaaaay into 2021. A small delay is one thing, but if this comes out after FIFA, Madden, and now F1 then we can assess it was delayed for typical greed.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
This trailer is only 4 days old...

GPqbspa.png

2pEOs5O.png

Team Xbox Marketing has easily been one of the worst communicator's this year. It probably does not fall on them and bad communication from another team but just this year :

• Big Xbox Series X event, with focus on Halo releasing this holiday. Two weeks later pushed back until 2021.
  • Game Awards video you post about Gamepass with EA Play. Day of going live gets delayed 2021
I don't mind things getting delayed at all. The stuff above though it's clearly known beforehand that the date is up in the air as these things don't get pushed back on a whim. Hyping things up at events to quickly backtrack quietly on a blog post is poor

jrb

Nov 9, 2017
Another dirty move regarding Game Pass PC. Is time Microsoft starts giving the PC side the respect it deserves.