• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ultimate is just gold and game pass together. You can have Game Pass without ultimate but not sure why you would. I have ultimate just so I can play PC and Xbox and I love it personally.
Cloud is locked behind ultimate and ultimate gives you both PC and console access, AND gold.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Nice, glad I held off on Squadrons. Will be nice to jump back into some Battlefield too.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Rndom Grenadez
OK what people are missing here I think (unless I interpreted that part of the video wrong) is that unlike EA Play on Steam, you actually get ALL THE THIRD PARTY GAMES that you normally get as an EA Play member on Origin/EA Desktop.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
It using EA Desktop means we can use the cloud saves we have on EA?

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, getting a flight stick in today for some Elite Dangerous and now I can use it for Squadrons!? Pog AF

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Wow finally. I wonder how many people paid for Game Pass back in December for EA Play then the delay happened.

Anyway though, this great news! Battlefield 5 and Titanfall 2 have been permanently installed on my Xbox since it was included back on the consoles lol. I ended up buying Titanfall 2 too

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a deep dive into what titles are incoming? I'm particularly interested in how deep into the archives it goes, but I tend not to feel that's generally much of an EA Play thing, Popcap aside. Would be interested to see, say, some early NFS.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
this is nice but I wish they would just tell us these timelines instead of delaying it on the day it was supposed to launch and then saying nothing until the day before it goes live 3 months later lol

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY.

And it's through EA Desktop? I guess we'll see how bad it is compared to Origin but it'll probably be better than the UWP/Win 10 Store stuff.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
As I said in another thread, that's a lot of extra steps for EA games but

I could see this as MS testing future game pass account linking or integration with other stores like Steam. Instead of asking devs to make separate Windows store versions, just link steam/game pass account.

Granted this is me speculating.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
JnHbz41.png

hnggg....

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I buy EA Pass, do I automatically get Game Pass too? And can I play Game Pass games using the EA Desktop app, or still need to use and download them through the Xbox app?

Yueezy

Dec 12, 2020
What launcher should I download for GP PC? is it just windows store? or something else?

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
You still need EA Desktop app, so rip to family sharing, I will not be able yo play this... I'm glad I did the 75 cents one month trial on Steam to play Jedi Fallen Order but yeah, f**k this :/

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
Finally! Time to play those new Star Wars games!

Game Pass is just killing it these last days, holy shit.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused about what storefront is handling what.

Does the Windows Store talk to the EA Play app, get confirmation that the game can be downloaded, then download the game into its hellscape of unstable locked app folders and incomprehensible directory and save game names?

Or does the Windows Store tell the EA Play app that it is allowed to download the game, and the EA play app then handles everything and downloads it to a normal directory?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused about what storefront is handling what.

Does the Windows Store talk to the EA Play app, get confirmation that the game can be downloaded, then download the game into its hellscape of unstable locked app folders and incomprehensible directory and save game names?

Or does the Windows Store tell the EA Play app that it is allowed to download the game, and the EA play app then handles everything and downloads it to a normal directory?
It's EA Desktop handling downloads. It will be as if you're downloading an EA Desktop/Origin game (because you are).

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Man, I don't have time to play all of these games, but I'm happy they're available lol. If Game pass PC supported modding, it would be the ultimate win.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I guess you have to cancel your current EA Pass and just use gamepass
Ugghh, I would prefer if EA Pass allowed me to use Gamepass. Last time I bought Game Pass membership it was a pain in the ass since I needed to set an US account, buy Microsoft store card and then try to see if the store allowed me to use it. EA just need to use Paypal and then transaction complete.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I'll play a season of franchise mode or two. It's been a long while since I played Madden.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
So with this and the Bethesda dump, how many new games has GP gotten on PC in the span of like a week?