• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
So no cringe compilation this year?

EA event wasn't the best obviously, but still another one down........

Only two left for me at this point is Ubisoft and MS. Nintendo will talk about Pokemon for 2 hours, so not really interested in them too much.

Gonna be a bad year for E3.

MAYBE Bethesda will be ok, but I can totally see them bouncing as well.

They never did it at E3. (besides Threehouse segments of course)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what could Microsoft show off for EA then? I mean I already expect a ton of third party games from their conference.

The new Star Wars game?

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
EA's was always pretty boring for consumers. Can see there announcements being moved into Microsofts Press conference or their own stream (Direct like thing).

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Yeah, the last EA press conference that vaguely impressed me was E3 2013 with Star Wars Battlefront and Mirror's Edge (in hindsight, it's obvious that they just wanted to get the announcements out there ASAP before the gen began since it would be another 2 years before we would see gameplay from either of those games). Since then though, it's literally been the same old shit.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
We're skipping the press conference this year and are replacing it with multiple live streams that will air during the first two days of the event, bringing you more of what you've told us you want - more gameplay and insights from the teams making the games.
lol. The conference and more gameplay part are not mutually exclusive, EA. But I guess you have to give up at some points when all of the EA Play were underwhelming.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
EA hasn't had a decent press conference there in years, I'm hardly surprised. They just don't have anything interesting to show anymore.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
E3 is quickly becoming irrelevant to these gaming companies. I don't think E3 has much of a future when everyone wants to go and do their own thing
Yeah, I think we're seeing the end of E3. At least, the end of the traditional E3 as we've known it.

I'm sure they'll at least try to adapt to the big players taking their big keynotes elsewhere by changing the format of the show moving forward. Maybe they'll focus more on smaller companies next year, who knows.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
How am I going to be exposed to sports figures I don't know or understand for an uncomfortably long period of time now? :(

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
EA event wasn't the best obviously, but still another one down........

Only two left for me at this point is Ubisoft and MS. Nintendo will talk about Pokemon for 2 hours, so not really interested in them too much.

Gonna be a bad year for E3.

MAYBE Bethesda will be ok, but I can totally see them bouncing as well.
Bethesda has DOOM Eternal and maybe a Starfield release date. That sounds exciting enough.

juventino13

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart
Yeah, I think we're seeing the end of E3. At least, the end of the traditional E3 as we've known it.

I'm sure they'll at least try to adapt to the big players taking their big keynotes elsewhere by changing the format of the show moving forward. Maybe they'll focus more on smaller companies next year, who knows.
For sure, they definitely have to change the format and adapt to the changing landscape we're seeing with entertainment in general.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it might be time for E3 to change to a fan-only event, or die entirely. The internet has changed everything and waiting until June to fight for attention against the entire industry isn't a good move anymore.

EA could drop an announcement for a great game on a random Tuesday and they'd get more attention than they'd get at E3.

giphy.gif

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ho many companies are attending E3 this year?

Oct 27, 2017
I mean if Star Wars gets a deep dive at the Disney thing that's probably their biggest non sports release for a while. Aside from that it's PVZ and Need for speed but those don't warrant having a whole conference

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest even though their conferences were never entertaining I still enjoyed them as part of the E3 watching experience. With more and more companies dropping their conferences I'm pretty worried this E3 is gonna end up being underwhelming for someone watching at home :/

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Looks like skate 4 will have to happen at the Microsoft conference then.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
We're not going to get any mobile phone games and half arsed announcements so early on that we don't even get a proper trailer? Aww.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
EA hasn't had a good E3 since that one conference that ended on Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and that was a long ass time ago. This is a good thing to be fair. Their pressers appeased no one but the stockholders.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I mean, what would their conference even be at this point? Updates on coming content for Apex and Anthem, plus FIFA and Madden? They've got the Star Wars thing, but it seems like Disney wants the big reveal on that.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Well if they need to present Battlefield VI, Fifa 2020, Madden 2020...best thing is save money by skipping E3 and moving on.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nothing of value lost, EA as a publisher simply doesn't have the exciting brand new content to fill a press conference. I know there's plenty of people who enjoy EA's regular games such as FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed, Battlefield etc. but due to a lack of brand new stuff it basically feels like you're watching the same press conference every year.

Oct 27, 2017
EA hasn't had a good E3 since that one conference that ended on Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and that was a long ass time ago. This is a good thing to be fair. Their pressers appeased no one but the stockholders.
Pretty much. The sports stuff they can do on a stream and PVZ can show up at Microsoft's show. They don't have as many heavy hitting things this year

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Since Sony wont be there this year, you guys think Nintendo could take spot and do their presentation Monday night?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Not a major loss, I can't think of any E3 show EA had of quality outside the one where Mirrors Edge 2 was revealed. Overall they can just do their event and have reveals with MS. It was always redundant seeing stuff like Anthem or Battlefield on both stages in such a large form.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
E3 conferences are going to slowly come to an end and unfortunately E3 will also. The idea of doing conferences on a specific date and have all your lineup work towards that specific date at all costs is increasingly becoming meaningless.

I will miss it terribly though.

This.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
The EA conference being bad was literally the one thing we could all agree on. And now they've taken it from us.