• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on of the few that has actually loved EA's Star Wars output, so I am excited for Star Wars Celebration in April. Because if the EA Star Wars pattern holds true, that is where we will get the first look at Fallen Order

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If you like MP online GaaS titles then there is a lot for you, if not, then you have The Fallen Order, and most SP Star Wars games EA have attempted recently get cancelled, so I won't hold my breathe until we've at least seen the game

Yeah that and BR doesn't interest me at all. We shall see.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
So, in 2019 EA confirmed the following games by the end of the year:
  1. Apex Legends (Respawn)
  2. A brand new Titanfall game (Respawn?)
  3. Star Wars The Fallen Order (Respawn)
Are we really expecting Respawn to ship 3 games in 2019?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
All that's missing is Dead Space and Mirror's Edge.

:(

Anyway, yeah, I'm currently more interested in them than I have been for a while. I'm absolutely loving Apex Legends, I'm hopeful the new Titanfall thing will be satisfying, and while I still have some reservations, I think Anthem can be something really, really cool (if not at launch, then down the road).

Side note: I tried Burnout Paradise for the first time the other day, and Christ is it rad. Put out more games like that please.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20190207-085940_Firefox.jpg

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looking genuinely pretty damn good so far.

-Apex is killing it
-Anthem's day one for me (enjoyed the demo and the story has my attention)
-Really interested in BFV's Firestorm mode next month
-Jedi: Fallen Order by Respawn? Got to be day one.
-Really curious about that "premium" Titanfall game later in the year
-Keeping an eye out for NFS (was not a fan of Payback & NFS 2015 was...alright), hopefully this one hits a homerun
-Sea of Solitude looks amazing

I wonder if there's any other surprises left...

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly hardly anything on that list is interesting to me. Only BR mode(Firestorm) in BFV, Apex Legends and maybe Sea of Solitude has my interest. I haven't seen anything from that Respawn star wars game. Anthem is off my list for now and the NFS games been trash for a while. I have 0% faith in Ghost Games.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apex and Anthem is a really strong start to the year. Hopefully the backend will be equally impressive.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Edgy, but you're several months late with the autopilot, low effort, anti-EA karma-farming. This isn't even Reddit.

What you're describing has literally been deconfirmed in at least one of the titles here. Criticize a real problem if you're really that determined to bring things down.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edgy, but you're several months late with the autopilot, low effort, anti-EA karma-farming. This isn't even Reddit.

What you're describing has literally been deconfirmed in at least one of the titles here. Criticize a real problem if you're really that determined to bring things down.
I am. Any game that uses virtual currency is exploitative. Virtual currency systems place a level of obfuscation between the user and how much they are actually spending. Coupled with uneven exchange rates and purchase options means you typically end up spending more than you intend or get manipulated into a situation where you are made to believe that you have money wasting "just sitting there" with leftover virtual currency.

So no, fuck EA and every publisher that uses virtual currency for microtransactions.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am. Any game that uses virtual currency is exploitative. Virtual currency systems place a level of obfuscation between the user and how much they are actually spending. Coupled with uneven exchange rates and purchase options means you typically end up spending more than you intend or get manipulated into a situation where you are made to believe that you have money wasting "just sitting there" with leftover virtual currency.

So no, fuck EA and every publisher that uses virtual currency for microtransactions.
All of those titles has exploative virtual currency?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Party line? I have my own opinion from what I played, I am not towing any "Party Line". That's silly and just handwaving other opinions away because you don;t like them.

I'm trying to understand what you were even aiming for. One guy says "This game looks great" and your response is "Nah, it's trash to me bro." Like...so? What's that got to do with him lol. That's why he brought up a party line, it's like you're trying to enforce the ERA opinion that Anthem isn't gonna be good.

Oct 27, 2017
With the huge rise in popularity of the NBA and the sheer number of recognizable players, it's a crime that EA continues to churn out that shitty NBA game but lets Jam continue to rot.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Apex is already an early GoTY contender for me and has me very excited for Respawn's Star War game. BF BR I'll probably really like too.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
Christ. Respawn is potentially releasing three high profile games within a year. Talk about productive studio. How many people does Respawn employ? Surely it's ~400 or even more.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, a high res version of a 10 year old game sold initially for a greedy joke price of ÂŁ35 only to be hubristically discounted two weeks later by 25%. It is a stunning display of EA's output but not a positive one.

Pretty sure you can get the game on sale for like five bucks. As far as being cynical about remasters, I totally get it.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah. So this is just your well expressed antipathy for EA.
BFV doesn't have 'exploitative microtransactions'. Neither does Apex Legends. So it's much more likely that you're wrong.
Screenshot_20190207-094526_PS_App.jpg

DICE has been trying to implement MTX in BFV but they keep running into issues.

Frankly its even worse when they add MTX afrer launch.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Well, i didn't say they are all good games and i'm still concerned about NFS and PvZ, but, compared to the recent years, this line-up look better than 2017 and 2018 offering, hopefully the games are good too.

I honestly have little faith for them after garden warfare at this point. The original was awesome, but two was just all over the place. Terrible maps, balance, etc. I think rose being ridiculously good up front turned a lot of newcomers off too. Maps in one were so much better too. Willing to wait and see either way though.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like all the same usual EA drivel. Trend chasing and never innovative. GAAS and/or open world games that only follow.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I'm trying to understand what you were even aiming for. One guy says "This game looks great" and your response is "Nah, it's trash to me bro." Like...so? What's that got to do with him lol. That's why he brought up a party line, it's like you're trying to enforce the ERA opinion that Anthem isn't gonna be good.
Not only did I not say it like that at all, talk about twisting shit am I not allowed to comment on that? Not sure what you are even getting at.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we are getting anything more than a remaster for Titanfall. That or maybe either Titans in Apex Legends at some point or worse some mobile game. If it's an actual new game they would say so I'd think.

Glad that Respawn is releasing stuff again. They have gone silent at a time when EA is cancelling games left and right. That and how Star Wars seems to be very difficult franchise to work with thanks to meddling from Disney. At least now they have Apex under their belt which by all accounts seems to have a big following.

Other than that, nothing is all that interesting other than Sea of Solitude for me. I want a good NFS too but I am not giving my hopes up.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting is not the word I'd use for that lineup.

Sea of Solitude is the only game that doesn't look like the same shit EA puts out every year. If it ends up being any good maybe it'll be the first EA game I buy since Mass Effect 3.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope DICE can take a one year break and come back with a modern setting BF next year.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I think it is rich and interesting to a specific type of gamer, which is probably the kind that EA has been targeting for years. Can't say it does much for me though.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Most of those games we haven't seen yet.

If the Titanfall game is a campaign, awesome. If it's another multiplayer game, pass.

Ghost Games has yet to make a good Need for Speed game. I have very little faith in them.

Can't wait to see what The Fallen Order is.

Apex Legends looks like it's doing well. But it's multiplayer, so little interest to me.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about Sea of Solitude. That looks fantastic.

Apex has gotten me into BR and while I'm not too sure about Anthem that guy who replicated himself seemed like a fun character and if the game has more story/character elements like that I'm in.

I'm surprised to say I might be playing quite a few of those this year.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Not only did I not say it like that at all, talk about twisting shit am I not allowed to comment on that? Not sure what you are even getting at.

There's no real dialogue to the exchange. "I think it looks amazing" and "Everyone's saying it looks bad" doesn't really allow the conversation to go anywhere. Why not ask "what did you see in it?"

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
There's no real dialogue to the exchange. "I think it looks amazing" and "Everyone's saying it looks bad" doesn't really allow the conversation to go anywhere. Why not ask "what did you see in it?"
I didn't say there, was, I just commented on his post, not everything needs to be a deep long conversation. What dialogue does your post really inspire? Worry less about what others post maybe?

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
Not feeling it myself. Anthem isn't doing it for me and for all we know Apex Legends could be dead in 3 months. Hopefully they'll put out something I enjoy this year though.