• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
So, in 2019 EA confirmed the following games by the end of the year:
  1. Apex Legends (Respawn)
  2. Anthem (BioWare)
  3. Sea of Solitude (EA Originals)
  4. A brand new Titanfall game (Respawn?)
  5. A new entry in the Need for Speed series (Ghost Games)
  6. A new entry in the Plants Vs. Zombies series, most likely Garden Warfare 3 (PopCap games or EA Vancouver)
  7. Star Wars The Fallen Order (Respawn)
  8. Your usual EA Sports titles, FIFA, MADDEN, NBA, NFL.
  9. Battlefield Firestorm (Criterion Games/DICE)
As an Origin Premier subscriber since December 2018 i'm interest in a lot of these games and hopefully, things like Need for Speed and Garden Warfare 3 will end up being good.
I'm not worried about SW, Respawn track record and the recent Apex Legends smooth launch is more than enough for me to be confident and i really liked EA Originals titles.

What do you guys think?

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
They kicked off with Apex Legends and this game is amazing. Anthem next and I'm expecting a lot especially after the beta and having a look at the roadmap. Looks like this year EA is willing to gain back the trust of many

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We haven't seen more than half of those games, but I'm excited for Respawn Star Wars. Better than last year

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
There's a lot of interesting stuff there but most of it will probably be terrible.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Would rather wait and see how they turn out

Well, i didn't say they are all good games and i'm still concerned about NFS and PvZ, but, compared to the recent years, this line-up look better than 2017 and 2018 offering, hopefully the games are good too.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As an EA Access subscriber it'll be an interesting year, too. Apex Legends is addicting me hard, very good game, definitely one of the best BRs so far if not the best. Anthem doesn't interest me much after what I played from the alpha onwards, but I'll gladly check it out on Access in a while. Sea Of Solitude looks interesting. In for more Titanfall, though I expect it to be a mobile spin-off or something that isn't for me. In for more Need For Speed too, curious to see if they change the approach to these games or something as the last ones were decent but forgettable. Garden Warfare 3 would be nice but I hope they switch up the formula as the 2nd was a bit stale already, but I'd even prefer a true, non-MTX filled classic Plants VS Zombies sequel. The Fallen Order, from EA's own words, sounds like a relatively small project, but I'm curious about it. Will play FIFA 20 on EA Access next year, not interested in the other sports games. In to try Battlefield's take on Battle Royale, albeit it doesn't excite me a whole lot given what we know. I'll add to 2019 that Unravel 2 was added to the EA Access Vault this January, a solid start of the year in that. Hopefully we get A Way Out eventually - they claim it won't come to the service, but they said the same for Titanfall and we saw what happened there. They'll probably add Battlefield V too sooner or later but I already have it.

It'll be an interesting year for EA, lots of different games and a wider array of products than the last couple years. I really hope PopCap finally releases something "on their own", but it seems to be an increasingly lost cause. Other than that, could be an intriguing year.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If you like MP online GaaS titles then there is a lot for you, if not, then you have The Fallen Order, and most SP Star Wars games EA have attempted recently get cancelled, so I won't hold my breathe until we've at least seen the game

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Star Wars is the only game I'm interested in. The rest is the usual EA GaaS/Multiplayer shit I'm not going to touch with a ten foot pole.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tumblr_inline_pbbd6fURZ01r2vvqk_540.gif

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Respawn effectively releasing 3 games makes it more interesting than most years for me. Apex is brilliant and I am sure Fallen Order and whatever that Titanfall game with a twist is will be as well.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Really excited about Sea of Solitude. Seemed great and loved the E3 presentation with the dev. Tried Anthem in the demo, it seemed okay. Not something I will probably outright buy, but I might sign up for Origin Access to play the story through with friends. Not into Battle Royales so I haven't given Apex a shot, maybe I should it's free afterall. Star Wars is Star Wars, so it gets my curiosity by default. Couldn't say I'd be super excited though, but still interested.

It does seem like it could be great year for them.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't know what are you trying to say, that's Project Ragtag, Vancouver restarted the development and the game was canned.

So Visceral make a game, and it's cancelled (1/3)

Another team are greenlit to make a game, and use some of what was left over from the first game, however, this second game, is also cancelled (2/3)

Respawn start making a game, of which we haven't seen anything from it yet (this is the 3rd game)

So 2/3 Star Wars games have been cancelled, and so my statement that they have cancelled most of their recent attempts at a SP Star Wars game would be accurate, wouldn't it?

Until we see any of The Fallen Order I'll remain cautious

Cautiously optimistic, but cautious nevertheless

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
So Visceral make a game, and it's cancelled (1/3)

Another team are greenlit to make a game, and use some of what was left over from the first game, however, this second game, is also cancelled (2/3)

EA never announced this "new game by Vancouver", they litterally said: "Vancouver will pick up Visceral Games SW and continue the development of the game", they did not start another game from scratch and deleted "2" games like are you trying to say.

You can remain cautions.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Not all that intriguing to me. Already bored of Anthem after playing the demo, don't like BR, Titanfall title will probably be a remaster or something that isn't TF3, I lost interest in NFS since Criterion took over, don't care about PvZ, sports or BF.

Sea of Solitude might be interesting and Fallen Order could be cool (if it comes out this year)... but that's two games.

To be honest, I'm much more interested in Focus' line-up this year: Plague Tale, Greedfall, Surge 2, Battlefleet Gothic 2, Necromunda...

Oct 27, 2017
I've read that list and honestly, none of them spark my interest. I think I've distanced myself from the kind of games EA makes these days

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say that's a very un-interesting list of games tbh, but it is a good one in terms of possibly making some industry impact.

Titanfall 3 and Fallen Order would be interesting but I'll believe those are coming in 2019 when they're actually on shelves.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
EA never announced this "new game by Vancouver", they litterally said: "Vancouver will pick up Visceral Games SW and continue the development of the game", they did not start another game from scratch and deleted "2" games like are you trying to say.

You can remain cautions.

I'm going on what a reporter is saying. He may well be wrong, and you're free to believe that

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Not impressed at all. I have slight interest in the Star Wars game, but I haven't seen anything yet. I also liked TF2's campaign, but not full priced. Never cared a lot for EA's games.

Btw, didn't Respawn said TF3 is not in development at all and focus is on Apex Legends?

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Not impressed at all. I have slight interest in the Star Wars game, but I haven't seen anything yet. I also liked TF2's campaign, but not full priced. Never cared a lot for EA's games.

Btw, didn't Respawn said TF3 is not in development at all and focus is on Apex Legends?
Same here. Interested in Star Wars only (if it doesn't get cancelled as well, I have zero faith)

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Apex and the rest of Respawn's offerings are all that interest me from your list, and that's strictly on Respawn's name alone. Otherwise I won't be satisfied by EA until we get Skate 4.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That looks like a list of incredibly dull safe games for EA to make.

Looking forward to SoS though.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The titanfall game will probably be a remaster or something, it's not going to be anything major.

The rest just look like typical EA stuff aside from the Star Wars game which is the only one there that interests me.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rich and interesting is not how I would describe that list. But hey if that's the kind of games you get excited for then have fun

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The titanfall game will probably be a remaster or something, it's not going to be anything major.

The rest just look like typical EA stuff aside from the Star Wars game which is the only one there that interests me.

That would be a new one, releasing a remaster for a current-gen game.