• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
Nice one! Many people on here always championing ending the crunch etc lately (rightly so!) so good to hear they can take their time. Also i thought Rivals was a tiny bit underrated so looking forward to see whats coming.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Hot Pursuit and Underground is what the people want! Wether it's separate titles or one mashed together I'm all for it.

I'm on the HP 2010 bandwagon. It injected new life into the series once, so it can do it again.

Hot Pursuit 2010 remains to this day as the greatest NFS game since Most Wanted 2005!

HP 2010 is definitely my favorite entry in the series. They just hit every note with it. This has really always been my favorite clip that shows what was so good about that game

The drifting in that game was out of this world. And I think that clip shows that Criterion knew just how good it was. You don't make a long loop like that's intended to be drifted around if doing something like that isn't fun with the physics you've created. I also loved the it didn't take place in a city, and instead largely took place around a countryside. You ended up with something almost like that Sega blue sky look. The music selection was also great (aside from that 30 Seconds from Mars song that starts every time you start the game). I think it's one of the top five arcade racers ever.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the HP 2010 bandwagon. It injected new life into the series once, so it can do it again.

HP 2010 is definitely my favorite entry in the series. They just hit every note with it. This has really always been my favorite clip that shows what was so good about that game

The drifting in that game was out of this world. And I think that clip shows that Criterion knew just how good it was. You don't make a long loop like that's intended to be drifted around if doing something like that isn't fun with the physics you've created. I also loved the it didn't take place in a city, and instead largely took place around a countryside. You ended up with something almost like that Sega blue sky look. The music selection was also great (aside from that 30 Seconds from Mars song that starts every time you start the game). I think it's one of the top five arcade racers ever.

Legit incredible game, it's also a game close to my heart since I managed to win the NFS HP 2010 Challenge that was held in India back in Feb 2011!

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Hasn't been a good one since Rivals, theough even that one felt somewhat lacking, even if it was fun.

MW2012 is Burnout Paradise but with real cars, which I really dug.

But thins news makes it seem like Ghost is under intense crunch or something.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I think Battlefield 1 was the last well received game EA released. I don't have any hope for EA.

neonneongod

Feb 21, 2019
i realize this is futile but i desperately hope they don't ram mtx into the upgrade process like in payback, it made a mediocre game unbearable.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

It was a great game.
I was just really disappointed it didn't have any quickrace options.
You could only play what the campaign gave you or random races online, but not setup stuff yourself.
But yeah it had really nice handling, just like Most Wanted 2012, but that had that weird only 6 races per car thing going on, felt more like a skeleton of a game or a polished tech demo. I like what they tried with it basically being Burnout Paradise 2 but somehow EA found a way to make it worse.
And all Need for Speeds after that were weird.
The handling got really bad from Rivals on.
NFS 2015 with its shitty online requirement (atleast the cheesy story was fun).
I don't like Paybacks wannabe fast and furious story but atleast they got the handling right.
But they had to fuck that up with their speedcard stuff.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I have one wish for the game: either do a way better job copying the essence of driving in OutRun2 or go back to less drifty physics because the handling physics downgrades from 2010 hot pursuit to most wanted reboot keep my interest in the series very low, moreso since Forza Horizon itches all my gotta go fast and turn a basic car into a monster itches

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
This is inspiring./s

Does it feel like E3 is less and less relevant? In the past, there was no way you would skip e3 when your game was 6 months away.

The pre reveal to manage disappointment is so odd.

Oct 27, 2017
Can we have something like this?

giphy.gif

I'm getting sick of the same openworld/police chase crap we've been getting for years, thanks EA.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Im on team HP 2010 my fav Need for Speed. I thought Rivals was decent and for the time looked great as a launch title for the new systems. Ive played every NFS except Payback which I lost interest in quickly with its weird card upgrading system.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Like many others have said, this news doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the project.

Hope all goes well and the No Crunch/reduced crunch talk is true

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Crazy talk.

Most Wanted (2005)
Shift 1 and 2
Hot Pursuit
Most Wanted (2012)
Rivals
Wasn't a fan of Most Wanted 2012 or even the shift games but all the others were great, actually really enjoyed rivals. There have definitely been good ones.

EA take your time, bring back IPs an refocus on making great games not just gouging customers. The fact that so many people respond to any statement from EA or poll about EA good or bad shows they care to some degree, we want a comeback, you just gotta prove you actually want it too.

Push those originals, apologize and take responsibility for past screw ups, focus on new ip, and most importantly give us the dang Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered with all DLC, please and thank you.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Another rushed crunch game by EA

I have little faith in this need for speed

If they were rushing it then wouldn't the force Ghost to put together a demo or trailer? I'd say the fact that they're just letting the studio work on the game instead of having to stop their progress so they can polish up a demo or trailer is a good sign from EA.