• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
It's good that EA will be more open to single player experiences, but it's too early to see any results from Fallen Order's success, I think.

4 major non-sports titles is a lot more than I expected.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I wonder what their holiday game will be, won't be Battlefield or Battlefront. Then again, they didn't have one last year, so they'll be fine I'm sure.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
EA is getting bigger and bigger. And that's a good sign. I think they are turning to be a better publisher. Thinks looking bright for them
Yeah their getting more akin to Ubisoft which imo is a perfect spot for a publisher. They know their strengths and play to them, and will also try new things.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Isnt NBA Live getting better each year? 2K is dropping the ball with mtx so they could do a Kobe edition, with part of the $ (purchase and mtx) going to the Kobe foundation, good opportunity to break into the 2k monopoly. But it is EA so even if they were to get the rights to put Kobe in the cover they wouldnt let a single cent go out of their pockets...

I dont care at all about EA games, nut would be great to have a genuinely new IP coming out - doubt they would do it next gen only too because EA.

Dec 25, 2018
I have some faith that some of those titles will have a massive effect, and that on the battlefield of release dates there wont be dead space between them.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
So the Titanfall-related game that was supposed to be revealed last year has to be one of the four new games, right?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
hoping for NBA live to give 2k a run for its money. They were heading in such a good direction with nba live 19. Loved the collectable player game they had in it for singleplayer. Plus The One is such a much more enjoyable and relaxing experience than NBA 2k

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
If at least one is sims 5 and has real elevators and great stair customisation options, I'll be over the moon with excitement.

Otherwise, I'd love to see a linear burnout with more exotic locations.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Aside from some pie-in-the-sky fantasy of EA using the Simpsons license for a Hit & Run remaster, a Dead Space collection is kind of the only thing EA could offer me that I'd be excited about.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
EA has 14 titles slated for FY2021 (April 2020 - March 2021)
giphy.gif

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
cant wait for 3 of those 4 internal releases to turn out to be Mass Effect 1-3 each sold as a separate release.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
How many games have they published during the recent FY? Is 14 more, less or about the same?

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Publishing was never their problem, It's developing where they struggle (Except for Respawn).

If publishing includes marketing, I'd argue that they aren't doing a good job. There was a new Plants vs. Zombies game last year that's now approaching bargain bins and I still hear people say they had no idea that the game exists. Much the same with the 2019 NFS game. It was announced very late and that's pretty much the last time I heard about it.

Or maybe their new(ish) marketing strategy just often fails to reach certain people like me.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark

This is the new project director for Mass Effect. (The position Casey Hudson had originally)
(Previously producer on Lair of the Shadow Broker, Overlord, ME3, DLC and Andromeda)

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Mass Effect Trilogy on UE4
Skate 4
Fight Night
Granted some of that original talent is gone, but even as just an "edit" job I think current BioWare could do great things to improve the trilogy if they were just allowed to do it on UE4.

That original list Aaryn Flynn suggested on the old forum. It was so enticing.
Former BioWare GM said:
"The seamless adventure would be very interesting. You'd have to integrate some cut scenes to tie it together I feel as the time between games was almost like the time elapsed in game, all in all that's a great list though, DLC is a definite must!" Flynn said.

"I know it'd be a great addition for most of us here if the character creator was tweaked to ensure more customisation as the DA:I has given us a taste of the good life."

"ME3 combat mechanics in ME1′ comes up relatively often, but it's not on my radar (again, speaking personally)," he wrote. "First it would be a helluva lot of work. Second, I hate the idea of us being accused of 'retconning' ME1.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
just put mirror's edge + dlc on switch and we're cool ea.

i mean, we're actually not 'cool' but i won't ask for anything else.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Please for the love of god let Criterion make their own game again

I think many of the key original criterion people are all over EA now, it's not the same studio from days of old.

I would like another Bad Company game, I really loved the console specific design BC2, although BF3 and 4 were cool, I'm less of a fan of those 64 player game types by comparison.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
How many games have they published during the recent FY? Is 14 more, less or about the same?

From April 2019 - March 2020 (this FY)
NHL 20
MADDEN 20
FIFA 20
Sea of Solitude
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
NFS Heat
PvZ: Battle for Neighborville

Apex Legends and Anthem were released before March 2019.

That seems unlikely. Bioware are apparently trying to fix Anthem and also making Dragon Age 4.

I doubt they're going to ship Mass Effect off to another studio after what happened with Andromeda.

BioWare is EA's biggest non-EA Sports studio, they can tackle several project at once.
BioWare Austin is fixing Anthem, while BioWare Edmonton is working on DA4 and a new Mass Effect title.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
BioWare is EA's biggest non-EA Sports studio, they can tackle several project at once.
BioWare Austin is fixing Anthem, while BioWare Edmonton is working on DA4 and a new Mass Effect title.
Even if that's true (which I hadn't seen anything saying they were moving Anthem development to Austin) Mass Effect would only really have started development after Anthem finished. No chance it releases this FY unless it's super rushed.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Madden, FIFA, NHL and NBA Live are all but confirmed + 4 new major titles ( I assume from internal studios) + 4 new titles from third party developers + 2 mobile games.

Daniel later said that it was mentioned in the call that one of the sports titles is a new title......

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
So is EA going to be somewhat decent again? That would be nice after the disaster this gen was.