• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These screenshots are taken from reddit, but the new footage showcases the new Cryengine's Global Illumination tech with how the lighting and colors of the foliage in the sunlight is much brighter and more of a feeling of depth compared to how flat it looks in the original
New:
Br0Vwkm.jpg

Old:
mDU8jcl.jpg

In addition, the suit automatically switches to speed mode when the player started sprinting, much like how the suit modes worked in Crysis 2/3
Um...

Oh shit?

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I imagine any sort of Crysis remaster would be something that would require prodding from Crytek's end, because I can't imagine EA actually caring that much about the Crysis games in general to want to do a remake in spite of an apparent lack of demand.

Like I can see why the C&C remaster with Petroglyph happened (since they could just look at how well Microsoft was doing with Age of Empires or Blizzard with the Starcraft remaster), but I would be really surprised if anybody at EA really wanted a Crysis remaster without being offered a deal from Crytek where they would be paying for a good chunk of the dev costs while EA would handle publishing them again.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Or Siege.
There are plent yof games that do destruction, people just don't play them and because it's not in every game they think it's just absent.
He's saying it's not as prevalent as it was last gen jeez. And he's right the physics in both of those games aren't mind blowing in the slightest but they do offer pretty good destruction

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
He's saying it's not as prevalent as it was last gen jeez. And he's right the physics in both of those games aren't mind blowing in the slightest but they do offer pretty good destruction
Isn't that what I said that because it's not in every game people think it's absent.
And the destruction in Siege is absolutely special, it's what makes the game so unique...to say it's not in the slightest shows unawareness about how much the game revolves around it.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
IMO, Crysis 1 does not need remastering. It just need an optimization pass to finally get a multithreaded CPU support [and to remove that nasty endgame crash bug]. Just move from DX9/10 to 12/Vulkan.

Sequels are fine, they can just be ported to new consoles.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
These screenshots are taken from reddit, but the new footage showcases the new Cryengine's Global Illumination tech with how the lighting and colors of the foliage in the sunlight is much brighter and more of a feeling of depth compared to how flat it looks in the original
New:
Br0Vwkm.jpg

Old:
mDU8jcl.jpg

In addition, the suit automatically switches to speed mode when the player started sprinting, much like how the suit modes worked in Crysis 2/3
the thing to consider here is that time of day starts moving as soon as you cross a threshoold there, changing ambient lighting actually. - considering the game save thing did not happen in their footage, they either already triggered the game save and caused time of day to advance, or it is indeed a different version of Crysis.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
the thing to consider here is that time of day starts moving as soon as you cross a threshoold there, changing ambient lighting actually. - considering the game save thing did not happen in their footage, they either already triggered the game save and caused time of day to advance, or it is indeed a different version of Crysis.

the compass looks different on the top picture unless it can also appear like that in the original?

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I really hope this is actually happening, along with a revival of the franchise. God damn I love Crysis so much.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Isn't that what I said that because it's not in every game people think it's absent.
And the destruction in Siege is absolutely special, it's what makes the game so unique...to say it's not in the slightest shows unawareness about how much the game revolves around it.
No that's not what you said and you misinterpreted what OP said. He doesn't think it's absent. To repeat myself, they're saying it's not as much of a focus this gen as it was last gen and he's right. Not a big deal. And to each his own: Siege was impressive to me at the e3 reveal and around the time it launched, but it's been a while and it stops being as impressive years later.