• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe now they could actually optimize the engine so it doesn't require a supercomputer to use lol

Oct 28, 2017
Would be awesome to have another game that the best PCs can't run at Ultra 1080p for years. Crysis 1 came out in 2007, the first single card that could play it at 60FPS was the 7970 GHz in 2012. Can't see EA making a title like that in the modern age though, requires a lot of bravery.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be awesome to have another game that the best PCs can't run at Ultra 1080p for years. Crysis 1 came out in 2007, the first single card that could play it at 60FPS was the 7970 GHz in 2012. Can't see EA making a title like that in the modern age though, requires a lot of bravery.
they don't even have to. CryEngine has ray tracing support, just game the game capable of using all your available cores and throw in RT and it'll still melt systems

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they are remastering it I hope its exactly the same as before, just runs considerably better with some better lighting/textures/models etc.

Do not want it to play like Crysis 2/3, no chunky weapon models that take up half the screen, suit powers work exactly as before etc.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
This is one of those " does anyone really care about this game?" Deals for me.
Crysis was more a benchmark than a great game.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
There was a company that posted an April Fools video of a fighting game... only to reveal months later that it was actually real and not a hoax. I bet this is the same case. I'd be down for a full remaster of the full Crysis lineup, including Warhead (the one I never played).

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Crysis still like the best-looking game?

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
A Crysis collection at launch for the next gen consoles would probably sell fairly well. EA won't do it, but just saying.

-Raven-

Jun 26, 2018
Could you take a screenshot where this is mentioned?

mBZ0SrH.png

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way they just updated their site-social media (inactive since 2016) for just april fools.

Isnt this just for search tags? <meta name="keywords" content="Crysis, FPS, Crytek, Video game, April Fool, launch">

Would be a bizzare April fools joke.

Just reposting what I've seen in the April Fools thread, which is why I'm skeptic about it.

I'm fine with being wrong, though.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I got my second PC. A Q6600 that I overcloked to 3.6 (Zalman CNPS9700), 2gb of ram OCZ1200mhz DDR2, ASUS P5Q-E and a GTX260 with 216shaders.

I cranked Crysis to the max and played it at 30 to 15 fps, and I didn't give a fuck, because I was happy.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A remaster that reignites enthusiasm for the franchise......

.......may lead to Crysis 4!

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't tell if thats a remastered footage, or if it's from the original, lol.

pls ea remaster crysis
Remastered Crysis looks exactly like original Crysis...........
According to various news articles it is not the vanilla version which would make sense due to the context of the video but I'm no Crysis expert. So maybe they've simply showed some classic footage.

Can anyone tell the difference 🤷
These screenshots are taken from reddit, but the new footage showcases the new Cryengine's Global Illumination tech with how the lighting and colors of the foliage in the sunlight is much brighter and more of a feeling of depth compared to how flat it looks in the original
New:
Br0Vwkm.jpg

Old:
mDU8jcl.jpg

In addition, the suit automatically switches to speed mode when the player started sprinting, much like how the suit modes worked in Crysis 2/3

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did find it weird that they would end on the original crysis and not even show it in the timeline.

combined with the April Fools website, it could be a tease at something