• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Gives them time to Further improve BFV and to help ensure that the next BF will hopefully have a smooth launch period...design choices aside.

Oct 27, 2017
Ah so next-gen Battlefield in time for holiday 2021, sounds good. I'm hopeful we will get some really cool next-gen games in 2021. Horizon 2, GT7 (maybe 2022+), and Starfield. I wonder how long COD will take to drop PS4/XB1

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Alot of that wont work anymore in this day imo. I think the BC3 comments come alot from nostalgic feeling. Wich is fine offcourse.
I still go back and play BFBC2 on PS3 occasionally. While it's mostly empty servers, it still feels great to play (the biggest issue is actually going back to L1/R1 instead of L2/R2). I think their design decisions with that game still stack up.

It still has its problems: no server browser (or way to ensure you're playing on localish servers), overpowered knifing, quickscoped bolt actions, and the (worst of them all) circle strafing attack helicopters, but the game is still great despite those things.

Oct 27, 2017
Let's hope this is enough time for BF5 to get all the iconic settings of WW2 that are still missing from the game.
That's honestly what I'm waiting on before I get BFV. A WWII BF game is exactly what I wanted after BF1 but BFV not having so many of the iconic battles of WWII or even maps of BF1942 is the major factor in me not having gotten that game yet.

The lukewarm reception to its launch and bugs didn't help either.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Kinda surprised that EA sounds like their launch games for next gen will be only sports games. Was kinda hoping for Battlefront 3, not gonna lie.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it returns....

battlefiel_1ervw6jb.jpg

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very good news. Hopefully this gives DICE the time they need to really flesh out BFV and make it the comprehensive WWII experience they envisioned.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I hope they plan on putting those next gen CPUs to good use. There's no excuse for lackluster destruction anymore.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Make it present day / future ("concept" weapons, but nothing crazy ... like 2025 combat)
Have it be 64 v 64, at a minimum
Conquest and Rush being the two main modes
Vehicles absolutely everywhere
Destruction absolutely everywhere
Pure, unfiltered chaos for smaller maps
Traditional classes (healer, supplies, recon, explosives / repair ... however you want to label them)

Battlefield is at its best when it's controlled chaos everywhere. When you and your friends are the Ace Squad by getting an enormous score not solely from killing, but for constant participation and objective playing. The moment one task is done ... it's on to the next. Running through a war zone at all times. Explosions everywhere. Tanks threatening you, but then your friendly tanks swoop in to protect. Throwing C4 on a vehicle and sending the motorized bomb into a camper's nest. Playing as a sniper for a little bit and putting your shots on an absurd jump-shot arc to score a headshot. Losing a jet fight, ejecting from the plane, parachuting towards a building, blowing the roof off with an RPG, and finishing off the enemies with an MP7.

GIVE. ME. MORE. OF. THAT.

On a next-gen console.