• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some posts are so strange! What did you expect from EA Access on PS4 exactly? As a single player gamer, I'll buy account for 1 or 2 months to play games like NFS series, Mirror's Edge, Battlefront 2, Battlefield series and...

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
to be honest I might try it later after I clear my backlog. I've been meaning to try out the Battlefields but never wanted to take the plunge.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'll subscribe for battlefront 2. I totally forgot about that game. I wonder if the ps4 player base is still good?

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I've subbed as Ā£19.99 for a year seems great, I am more than happy to wait on the latest sports games being added and just play the older ones after years of buying them at release and regretting it, plus I get to try out bf:v for cheap and it's not been leas then 30 in a sale yet

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Mass Effect Andromeda is not available on the Vault (Europe), anyone ?

Edit : available through the Store, not visible in the Vault

Last edited:

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I subbed for a month. Its not a bad deal, I wanted to play UFC3, Unravel and Payback anyway but didn't really want to buy them. Having TF2 back isn't a bad thing either.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I lost zest for EA access simply because Gamepass is so much better.

That said, I've used it as a one off or rental when a particular game or beta I really want to try comes on it. Buy one month for 4.99, immediately cancel. That's one cheap 30 day rental, redbox cant touch that.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Anthem only shows 10% discount. Not part of it?

List of 35+ games as mentioned in the app:

- A Way Out
- Burnout Paradise Remastered
- Titanfall 2
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- Apex Legends (lol?)
- The Sims 4
- Fe

- Unravel Two
- Unravel

- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront

- Battlefield V
- Battlefield 1
- Battlefield Hardline

- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2
- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

- Need for Speed Rivals
- Need for Speed Payback

- FIFA 19
- FIFA 18
- FIFA 17

- NHL 19
- NHL 18
- NHL 17

- NBA LIVE 19
- NBA LIVE 18

- Madden NFL 19
- Madden NFL 18
- Madden NFL 17

- UFC 3
- UFC 2
- UFC

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Pretty cool, but the difference between the PS4 and XB1 library is kinda shocking.

If this allowed me to play BFBC2, Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3 on PS4, I'd grab it immediately, no questions asked.

I know this a backwards compatibility issue...I'm just pining away for something I can't have :/

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Pretty cool, but the difference between the PS4 and XB1 library is kinda shocking.

If this allowed me to play BFBC2, Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3 on PS4, I'd grab it immediately, no questions asked.

I know this a backwards compatibility issue...I'm just pining away for something I can't have :/

Maybe the PS5 will be able to do older PS games. Hoping it does, it would be nice to offer even more games.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Taking a look at the list of games available shows one of the gaming industries biggest problems - franchises built off incremental sequels. Jesus who would even want to play the older versions of sports games on EA's services. Obviously a small handful, but is that worth it? It seems like most of the service's games are just padding to say, "we have [insert number] of games available".

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Maybe I'll subscribe for battlefront 2. I totally forgot about that game. I wonder if the ps4 player base is still good?

According to the devs it is doing much better now as of a couple months ago.
wa09biy19ms21.png

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to buy this but I'm not entering credit card details even temporarily. If this requirement isn't fixed I assume at some point gift cards/codes for it will appear for sale as they do on xbox and I'll just buy one of those. Still, would have been nice to get in on day 1.

Edit: Requirement fixed already on UK PSN or was never an issue for the yearly option.

Last edited:

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to buy this but I'm not entering credit card details even temporarily. If this requirement isn't fixed I assume at some point gift cards/codes for it will appear for sale as they do on xbox and I'll just buy one of those. Still, would have been nice to get in on day 1.

Quoting myself, I should have tried it rather than just reading the thread - the Ā£20 yearly option went through just fine without me having any payment details on file, using the balance of PSN money in my account. Great :)

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
So for some reason Playstation isn't promoting the service on social media... It's not on twitter, blog, Youtube.. Weird!

May 17, 2018
I'm wondering if this was really ready for release. The app runs like complete shit and it all but locking up my PS4 just while trying to download games.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This uh... seems like a bad deal comparatively to PC and Xbox. Holy cow.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
It's a very underwhelming list. I've bought most of them over the years at really discounted prices for 90% of them. Anthem and way out are the only ones of any interest and the first one just out of morbid curiosity.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
User Warned: Derogatory language.
Lol i subbed just for one month, and it got me realizing, with these subscription services, they are jipping everyone off monthly, because know no one is going to play most of these games in the service. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
It's better to just get EA access when new games come out to try the new games early on the 10 hour trail.
I actually enjoyed Anthem for the first hour, but my gawd the rest of the game sucks. Madden 2020 seems like the same thing as usual. Everything else in it is mediocre, kind of like game pass.
But i guess since it's only $5 a month, it's just ok. Like people said in here, EA has had a very very bad gen.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Anthem should be in the vault. I would try it for a month if it were. I know there's a 10 hour trial version but meh. They should've dipped into streaming so we could get the old ME games and basically everything pre this gen. This line-up is pretty shit.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
I've been playing NFS Payback. It's fun but probably won't stick with it long. I feel like ā‚¬3.99 for a month is fine. I've set a reminder to cancel.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I will find out tonight, I downloaded a ton of games. BF2 has had a lot of updates since I bought and dropped it at release so I'm excited to see the new content!

it is over 100gb now, though. Fuck me, we are all going to need micro servers for next gen...