• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
MEGATON! God Sony are making all the right moves before the ps5 launches. I'm loving it!

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Where are those defenders now? lololol.
Anyways, good that EA Access is on PS4. About time Sony.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm stacked up on EA Access until 2021 - I think the service is great, especially when you grab a 12 month sub for £14.99. The cost per month ends up being so low that I'm guaranteed to get enough value out of it over the year to justify it.

#neverforget - "We don't think EA Access represents good value to the PlayStation gamer"

Scipio

Apr 18, 2019
Well, from EA I only play Bioware games, which are now shit, and I'm only interested in Fallen Order, but I wanted it on day 1, so...

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good!
$5 for a month is an amazing price for single player gamers like me. I can finish lots of games like Titanfall 1&2, Battlefield 1&2, Fe, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Unravel 2 and NFS games with only $5!

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
If only there were games I'm interested in. EA has been the worst publisher this gen aside Konami.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
The only games that interest me right now are Anthem and FIFA 19 and they both are trial only so... I'm not sure if I'll subscribe right away.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this shows that Sony has opened up about hosting other gaming services on their platform, right?

I assume you're talking about Minecraft here?

Not really. The newest FIFA will have a 10 hour trial then won't hit the vault where you can play the full title for close to a year.

Except there's a glitch and you can have unlimited time, at least with FIFA. And EA never cared to fix it on Xbox last year.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, makes sense I suppose. Those are some juggernauts in terms of sales. What about other stuff? Like, for example, Anthem? Did it come right away or with a small-ish delay?
Generally:
A few days before launch you get a 10 hour trial, rarely they lock certain modes like the full single player during the trial.
Around 9 months to a year after launch you can play the full game without any time or content restrictions

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It would be nice if TF2 got a small boost in activity because of this. I'd probably try it out for month just to touch a bunch of games I usually wouldn't bother with.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I'm so glad everyone is so positive about this now given people defending Sony's ridiculous stance on this way back when. Crossplay for all devs should be next!

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
It will be interesting to see the bump of operating profit of EA this fiscal year

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, consoles don't get some of the day 1 perks that PC gets for EA Access?

That kind of kills my interest

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of PS4 games?

Because I struggle to think of anything I want to play on there that I haven't already.

No back compat is a HUGE blow for me honestly. Probably the one thing I am interested in.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Hype, there's at least more than one game I'm interested in playing so this is pretty much a win for me.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely a good thing, more choice. But looking at that list of games..... wow, that's a whole lot of nothing of value.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Anthem is not on the service. It's unknown when it will be added. Can take longer than sports games because it's not an annual franchise.
Not really. The newest FIFA will have a 10 hour trial then won't hit the vault where you can play the full title for close to a year.
Generally:
A few days before launch you get a 10 hour trial, rarely they lock certain modes like the full single player during the trial.
Around 9 months to a year after launch you can play the full game without any time or content restrictions

Hmmm, I see. Well I suppose I'll have to look into how many EA games I buy (in general) to see whether or not it's worth it for me. I buy FIFA ( though not annually, like every 2-3 years), I buy the odd Battlefield once in a blue moon and maybe a couple of smaller games too. From the top of my mind I'm not sure I buy much else that is made/published by EA (at least, consistently I mean). Still, even if I just end up playing one or two games from their Vault, per year, with the low value of the subscription it's still probably worth it in the long run.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
But I just bought an Xbox one S for this, just before xmas
And gamepass
And backwards compatibility.

Oh well end of life cycle better than not at all lol

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Wait, consoles don't get some of the day 1 perks that PC gets for EA Access?

That kind of kills my interest
There's Origin Access Basic that's 5$ a month and that is the same as EA Access, then there's Origin Access Premier that's 15$ a month and that has all EA games on Day 1 and there's no console equivalent to that.