• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
what do those quests do when you get enough points? What are the points used for?

Oct 26, 2017

Ah yes, because nothing says professional work event than gamified achievements. Up your journo cred by unlocking them sweet achivements.
2b272958fe76820b88b31fc1de99fe54.png

Oh I love that.
You know what to do. Get to a barber stat and get this haircut.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
The gamification thing is certainly something else.

I've been busy looking through the E3 portal forum section. Yes, they have a forum section. It's weird.

big-tapp

Jul 17, 2020
Lol out of all the booths, Capcom at least had the decency of confirming certain games that would make an appearance unlike others, and now their booth is gone.
I can still access Capcom's booth, for what it's worth. I did have several 404s and a few banners telling me I no longer had access to %resources while trying to navigate to it though.

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
I still haven't been approved for industry access. Literally a week away and I signed up first day.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
UPDATE:

There's already a thread, but the tweet in reference (https://twitter.com/mattjbrown/status/1401975895968059392) appears to merely be a case of a user who put a bunch of personal information in the About section of their profile for some reason. As far as I've seen, you can't see the personal information of any users.

----------------------------------------

Full title:

Matt Brown on Twitter - "E3's media portal comes with weird "friend-finding" social features to search all registrants?! Instantly found personal details for an individual, visible to all E3 registrants."

-----------------------

You might want to read the full Twitter chain:

Close me if old. I can't seem to find it, and I'm probably sure we should have a different thread title.

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
After the data leak that happened a couple years ago I'm not surprised by this. The ESA doesn't learn, it seems.

edit: Ah, apparently it's user error? You win this time, ESA.

edit: Lmao, why is this even necessary?

Last edited:

Abuguet

Apr 23, 2019
Yeah, it's clunky and awkward. Some features don't work and have no explanation as to why. The friend finder is… inconvenient to say the least. At least I managed to talk to some of the engineers and book some appointments.

Clarification

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's user-error, not an error on the part of the ESA, in this case. You could theoretically do the same thing on Twitter, or YouTube, or countless other sites.

I mean it could definitely be communicated better (and have a character limit or something), and the app has plenty of other issues right now, but yeah.

Abuguet

Apr 23, 2019
There's already a thread, but the tweet in reference (https://twitter.com/mattjbrown/status/1401975895968059392) appears to merely be a case of a user who put a bunch of personal information in the About section of their profile for some reason. As far as I've seen, you can't see the personal information of any users.

You can see the names and outlets of everyone, but the "about" info you have to fill up manually. This user decided to write their personal information in that field. 🤷‍♂️

Can't blame the ESA for that one.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Sep 29, 2019
How does ESA even manage to mess up personal information like this so bad lol
This is like, the second time something similar to this happens, right?

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Yeah it's user-error, not an error on the part of the ESA, in this case. You could theoretically do the same thing on Twitter, or YouTube, or countless other sites.

I mean it could definitely be communicated better (and have a character limit or something), and the app has plenty of other issues right now, but yeah.
Adding clarification to OP.

Thanks for the update.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
What on earth is the point of this system anyway? Why would someone going to E3 need to be able to randomly look up other attendees?

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The ESA and E3 don't deserve to exist at all anymore. This shit has to stop and they can't stop doing it, so they have to be shut down and let somebody else start a new entity from the ground up.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What on earth is the point of this system anyway? Why would someone going to E3 need to be able to randomly look up other attendees?
Looking up attendees is a standard feature for business conventions, it can be very helpful for connecting with people you speak to or to help arrange meetings before meeting them, they just somehow didn't implement it properly here.

FulcrumTK

Oct 6, 2020
You'd think ESA being near bankruptcy would incentivize them to make sure E3 goes off without a hitch, or at least with as few hitches as possible. How are they fucking up this bad?

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Oh cool, I got "REGISTERED APPROVED" but realized I just signed up for some ponzi-scheme feeling thing. But I get exciting bonuses like:

● Social media sharing and interaction through the event

● Access to Interactive "booths" from participating exhibitors, see their latest products, games and reveals!

● The ability to create a unique profile with a variety of exciting customizations

● Calendaring system to display events
● And more...​

Woopieeeeee