• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018

I only heard about it in passing from my older brother when he said it was the leaked title cover for Game Informer that month. But when I saw the pilot summon and enter the titan, I was sooo hyped for the game and made me acknowledge the Xbox One console, despite the controversey around it. Needless to say, it's one of if not my top game this gen.

Oct 26, 2017

I only heard about it in passing from my older brother when he said it was the leaked title cover for Game Informer that month. But when I saw the pilot summon and enter the titan, I was sooo hyped for the game and made me acknowledge the Xbox One console, despite the controversey around it. Needless to say, it's one of if not my top game this gen.

Yep. Loved it. I hope titanfall3 isn't dead

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man's reveal was probably the most-hyped moment of the gen for me. AAA Spider-Man by one of the most consistent devs in the business? basically a dream game.

bonus: not an E3 trailer but RDR2's reveal is one of my favorite trailers of all time. just an excellent tone piece.

GalmLikePalm

Nov 29, 2017
People in here saying MGSV 2013 E3 trailer is better than 2014 E3 trailer. I must live in a different reality than y'all or smth

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think Cyberpunk is the best trailer necessarily but it got me hype as shit because I've been waiting for it since 2012.

Final Fantasy VII as well.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Monster Hunter World (not going to post again because a few people already have). Seeing the series jump from 3DS (and HD ports of 3DS games) to a full, ground up HD game was insane.

I really don't understand why people like the Halo Infinite trailer so much. I mean sure, there's some excitement for another Halo game but that's is literally all the trailer has to offer. Literally none of the game is shown, as the beginning it says "game engine demonstration", which means that not only is it not going to show anything meaningful, but the game won't be out for years. How that can make someone favorite list, I just don't understand.

Nostalgia because of the callbacks to CE in the level design

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Death Stranding reveal trailer was my favorite. Perfect song choice and the reaction to seeing Norman Reedus again was amazing.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
For me its this. Its just perfect. Lots of gameplay, great visuals, dialogue and the music is just god tier. It just shows the game really well and does a perfect job for getting hype started.

I was hoping you'd go with Hunting Monsters. Perfectly captures the entire game in a few seconds.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
The bloodborne trailer was amazing but last year's Cyberpunk 2077 trailer is probably my favorite.

Also, Mario Odyssey trailer was nuts. First time seeing Mario possessing another creature was pretty memorable.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
As bad as I thought the actual game was, the Red Band MGSV trailer was incredible.

After always being disappointed in his games, Ground Zeroes was finally the breakthrough I wanted to see. I let myself get hyped for MGSV, in so small part due to this trailer. Then the game came out, and Idk if I can ever get hyped for a Kojima game again.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trailers:

1) MGSV E3 2014 Red Band trailer. MS kind of ruined the trailer by not showing the full trailer during their conference but the full trailer with Paz's stomach being cut open and ocelot torturing people was very jarring and effective. A fantastic showing of new gameplay features mixed in with character introductions and other cutscenes. Topped only by this latest Death Stranding trailer, but Sony screwed him over by not hosting a E3 conference this year.

2) Uncharted 4 fake 1080p 60 fps realtime teaser. turned out to be bs, and nothing more than a glorified cutscene but it was THE best looking game out at the time. nothing really compared.

3) Forza Horizon trailers. i dont care for the games, but man these trailers are amazing. great soundtrack selection and visuals.

4) Cyberpunk 2077 trailer. I think it's fake like the Uncharted 4 trailer, prerendered at best, completely fake at worst, but it did an excllent job of showing an insane next gen looking world. There is more detail here than in a rockstar game. Hell, it felt like a Rockstar GTA trailer.

5) this black ops 3 multiplayer trailer. it is so well synced and does a fantastic job of showing the all new classes.

Demos.

1) TLOU 2 demo. For ND to blow people away literally five years into the gen is quite something. the gameplay is simply leagues above anything else out there and was the most jaw dropping demo ive seen this gen.

2) Anthem - If this didnt turn out to be fake, this would have taken the top spot. Truly next gen graphics with flying and some great A,I systems in play that we never got to see in the final game. Still, very impressive.

3) God of War reveal - self explanatory.

4) Horizon reveal - Rarely has a game managed to live up to my expectations. they managed to capture the look and feel of those leaked concept art shots and had some of the most unique combat of any game that year.

5) uncharted 4 demo. it spoiled the only big setpiece in the game which is kind of unforgivable but what are you gonna do.

aidangs

Jan 8, 2019

These two back-to-back. I remember thinking "oh nice Versus XIII is still alive" and then the title change happens and "WAIT IT'S XV HOLY SHIT WHAT". Then the KH trailer starts and I figured it was just a trailer for the HD collection... until it wasn't. Disregarding how disappointing FFXV turned out (and the fact that basically nothing in that trailer ended up in the final game) or how long it took for these games to actually release, this still feels like a legendary moment.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Nostalgia because of the callbacks to CE in the level design
Not exactly level design since it's just a tech demo for the engine, but I see what you mean about it being on the halo ring and looking like in CE. I can see being getting a little hyped about it but I still don't see it being a favorite. Maybe I'm just not that into Halo? I don't know.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey revealing the takeovers.

Also Splatoon 2 singleplayer, was that E3? That music and walk were epic.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I am so hyped for E3 after going through this thread.

Also FF7 Remake trailer for me.

iosa

Oct 27, 2017
Toulouse, France
I love when reveal trailer show actual gameplay so I loved what Sony did this generation.

My favorite of those is Horizon, I knew nothing about it before, and it really sold me the game. Everything looked fantastic and it turned out to represent the final product pretty well. That's how any new franchise should be introduced, small introduction and then gameplay.

I also loved God of War for the introduction with the orchestra and then gameplay right away.

And also for TLOU2 with the transition between the conference room decoration and the game. Then the technical aspect of the demo blew me away.

Mar 11, 2019
I was gonna say:

But then recalled it was a TGS trailer. Thinking about good E3 trailers, I cant really think of anything that comes close to it that would be worth mentioning imo. Also a CGI trailers would never be on top of my list.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Not exactly level design since it's just a tech demo for the engine, but I see what you mean about it being on the halo ring and looking like in CE. I can see being getting a little hyped about it but I still don't see it being a favorite. Maybe I'm just not that into Halo? I don't know.

You're right but I couldn't think of what the term for what I'm referring to lol. It's definitely not level design but the locations in general callback to some of the earlier levels in CE.