• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still predicting a Banjo 1 and 2 remake/remaster bundle done like the Crash and Spyro trilogy. Maybe Alan Wake remastered in 4kish/60 fps at Ultra settings for Xbox One X , if the 360 BC doesn't get X enhanced before E3. MS late last year renegotiated the music licenses for Alan Wake but never relisted the game back on their marketplace. They must be saving it for something so hence my prediction.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I'm copying mine from last year....

Microsoft announces the acquisition of Capcom & Sega and releases entire catalog on Game Pass.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
MS buying Dontnod Entertainment wouldnt surprise me.
I'm still predicting a Banjo 1 and 2 remake/remaster bundle done like the Crash and Spyro trilogy. Maybe Alan Wake remastered in 4kish/60 fps at Ultra settings for Xbox One X , if the 360 BC doesn't get X enhanced before E3. MS late last year renegotiated the music licenses for Alan Wake but never relisted the game back on their marketplace. They must be saving it for something so hence my prediction.
Would be smart if they have Banjo Remakes in addition to Banjo joining the Smash Bros. cast. - i could see it happen.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Microsoft:

1st party
Gears 5 blow out
Slipspace engine/Halo Infinite demo
Battletoads
New Ninja Theory IP
Wasteland 3 demo
Sea of Thieves DLC
xCloud/GamePass news
Outer Worlds on Gamepass day one
New consoles reveal
Some third party ala Cyberpunk (not as much as last year I hope)

I imagine without EA being there they may want to slip in on MS stage
Japanese games/support. Getting Persona 5 and KH Collection would be major
At least 3 new acquisitons, IOI, 4A, Moon possible creation of new studio

Nintendo
Animal Crossing
Bayo 3
Fire Emblem final trailers
Pokemon Sword and Shield blow out
New Smash DLC
New Paper Mario similar to TTYD (Wish List)
New Viewtiful Joe (Wish List)
Astral Chain
3rd party games
Microsoft games (most likely Ori BF and Wisp)

Ubisoft
SPLINTER CELL
SPLINTER CELL
SPLINTER CELL
SPLINTER CELL
SPLINTER CELL

This is now more of a wish list than anything else

Aug 26, 2018
Ok! have fun in no particular order but I am only doing Microsoft.

• Halo Infinite - Gameplay Demo - Holiday 2020 (Launch title for the Xbox Scarlet Family)

• Halo MCC for PC - Release Schedule/New Trailer showcasing PC perks/graphics (All games out by end of this year)

• Gears 5 - Gameplay Demo with Fall 2019 Release Date (sooner than you think)

• Gears Tactics - Short gameplay trailer with 2019 Release Date

• Battletoads - Short gameplay trailer with 2019 Release Date

• Sea of Thieves - Roadmap/Future Content for 2019 Trailer

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Last and final trailer with Release Date for 2019

• New Mech Game Announcement Trailer

• World Premier for Dino Crisis Reboot for 2020 Announcement (Monster Hunter World - fans got it . Resident Evil 2 Remake - fans got it. Resident Evil 7 was well received. Devil May Cry 5 fans got it. Do you see the trend here? Capcom has pretty much been giving what fans wanted and they've been arguably the most successful publisher this generation with exception of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. It's only a matter of time.)

• World Premier for Splinter Cell - (later showcased at Ubisoft Confernece)

• Reveal of the Xbox Scarlet Family (Specs, how they work, what they do, and so on.)

• Xbox Live Update + New Functions for next-gen set of Xbox consoles

• Project xCloud Talk

• Bleeding Edge Announcement Trailer from Ninja Theory

• Fable Teaser from Playground Games

• Teaser of the next-gen Rare IP

• New Studio Acquisitions
Note - I might change this list/update depending on what happens and what I hear in the next 60 or so days before E3 but I think for the most part I am pretty happy with my predictions. Believe it or not, things can change last minute very easily for several different reasons.

Wow, Splinter Cell, New Rare IP, Ninja Theory's game and Halo/Gears. This, if true, will be unbelievable.

I think we will also see Outer Worlds and Wasteland 3.

I see Gears Tactics as Q1, 2020. Doubt 2 big Gears games will release in the same year.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Honestly I wouldn't mind if Gears 5 was pushed by to 2020 Q1 and Halo Infinite Q1 2021. The more time the better

Also MS HAS to show Wasteland 3 and Outer Worlds, they have too much stake in those games now. Even though Private Division is publishing Outer Worlds, they should have no objection to the game getting more exposure and marketing.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
My wild (wishful) predictions:

-Silent Hills or a game from Kojima
-Perfect Dark from Retro Studios
-Nintendo retro games on Gamepass

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Microsoft: release dates for Gears 5, Ori 2, Cuphead DLC, Battletoads.
-more Halo infinite shown, no release date
-fable 4 teased
-something from Ninja Theory (please don't be a GAAS)
-Bamco shows off DBZ RPG and Code Vein, (maybe a new FromSoft game, please?)- or maybe one of its horror titles- Broken Mirror or Man of Medan?
-cyberpunk- new trailer, some gameplay, release date 7.7.20; also teaser for their second project;
-something from one of WB's studios (Rocksteady/monolith/WB Montreal/ Avalanche (the Harry Potter people). My money's on WB Montreal;
-Put the Gears trilogy on PC, you cowards!
-windows gaming update- it all goes through the Xbox app now; UWP is gone; 360 titles can be bought digitally and emulated through the Xbox app. Much rejoicing happens
-Squeeenix shows off something. Last Remnant remaster comes to Xbox, because why not? Also, probably the guardians of the Galaxy game EM's been working on since Mankind Divided
-Capcom continues remastering Onimushas; RE3 remake coming'
-Cygames makes an unexpected appearance?
-Acquisitions: dunno. Not enthused about more studious getting locked down.

EA- shadow drops Sea of solitude; some sports games announcements; maybe some Star Wars footage- new Battlefront to drop 2 weeks before Fallen order, because EA;
-loads of talk on making Anthem better, no DA4;
-still nothing from EA Motive (surprise me, EA! I dare you!)
-Andrew Wilson very happy with Origin subscription numbers.

Ubisoft
-new trailer for BG&E2, maybe some gameplay, no release date; (maybe beta date end of 2019)
-skull and Bones beta starts late June, release date end of July
-for Honour and R6 siege updates;
-yet another collaboration with Nintendo
-Watch Dogs 3 is a the big Fall game
-a dancing panda
-splinter cell?
-Division 2 update
-last thing: the Avatar teaser.

Bethesda
-loads of Doom- release dat @ QuakeCon
-Rage 2 DLC
-"the communities for ESO, Blades, Elder scrolls card game and quake champions have SO many players".
-here's how we're fixing Fallout 76
-new Arkane imsim, please?
-also, Youngblood gameplay

Squeeenix (are they actually having a showcase?)
-do a Nier remaster!
-make a new Legacy of Kain, you cowards!
-People can Fly's next shooter revealed- Fall 2019, to get killed by Doom;
-Babylon's Fall, plz
-more LiS2 footage
-no FF VII remake; no Avengers

PC Gaming show
-Sega announces Yakuza Kiwami 2 coming to PC. Maybe Persona series, too
-most AA indie games currently on EGS get fancy trailers
-some new stuff announced, 70% is EGS exclusive. If
-ubi shows off Settlers; EA makes a token appearance to show off C&C remaster;
-Psychonauts 2
-System shock (s)

Devolver: much cringe; also, Serious Sam 4 and Metal Wolf Chaos;

Other:
-no Bioshock, b/c 2K doesn't want to compete with Borderlands 2
-no RDR2 PC, because they'll wait until new console gen;
-if THQN/Deep Silver/CoffeStain conglomerate shows up, expect Biomutant, Remnant of the ashes, new Red Faction from Volition, something about TimeSplitters
-hopefully some Bloodlines 2!
-dunno about Tecmo; if Nioh 2 still PlayStation exclusive, all they've really got is Samurai Shodown;

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Microsoft: release dates for Gears 5, Ori 2, Cuphead DLC, Battletoads.
-more Halo infinite shown, no release date
-fable 4 teased
-something from Ninja Theory (please don't be a GAAS)
-Bamco shows off DBZ RPG and Code Vein, (maybe a new FromSoft game, please?)- or maybe one of its horror titles- Broken Mirror or Man of Medan?
-cyberpunk- new trailer, some gameplay, release date 7.7.20; also teaser for their second project;
-something from one of WB's studios (Rocksteady/monolith/WB Montreal/ Avalanche (the Harry Potter people). My money's on WB Montreal;
-Put the Gears trilogy on PC, you cowards!
-windows gaming update- it all goes through the Xbox app now; UWP is gone; 360 titles can be bought digitally and emulated through the Xbox app. Much rejoicing happens
-Squeeenix shows off something. Last Remnant remaster comes to Xbox, because why not? Also, probably the guardians of the Galaxy game EM's been working on since Mankind Divided
-Capcom continues remastering Onimushas; RE3 remake coming'
-Cygames makes an unexpected appearance?
-Acquisitions: dunno. Not enthused about more studious getting locked down.

EA- shadow drops Sea of solitude; some sports games announcements; maybe some Star Wars footage- new Battlefront to drop 2 weeks before Fallen order, because EA;
-loads of talk on making Anthem better, no DA4;
-still nothing from EA Motive (surprise me, EA! I dare you!)
-Andrew Wilson very happy with Origin subscription numbers.

Ubisoft
-new trailer for BG&E2, maybe some gameplay, no release date; (maybe beta date end of 2019)
-skull and Bones beta starts late June, release date end of July
-for Honour and R6 siege updates;
-yet another collaboration with Nintendo
-Watch Dogs 3 is a the big Fall game
-a dancing panda
-splinter cell?
-Division 2 update
-last thing: the Avatar teaser.

Bethesda
-loads of Doom- release dat @ QuakeCon
-Rage 2 DLC
-"the communities for ESO, Blades, Elder scrolls card game and quake champions have SO many players".
-here's how we're fixing Fallout 76
-new Arkane imsim, please?
-also, Youngblood gameplay

Squeeenix (are they actually having a showcase?)
-do a Nier remaster!
-make a new Legacy of Kain, you cowards!
-People can Fly's next shooter revealed- Fall 2019, to get killed by Doom;
-Babylon's Fall, plz
-more LiS2 footage
-no FF VII remake; no Avengers

PC Gaming show
-Sega announces Yakuza Kiwami 2 coming to PC. Maybe Persona series, too
-most AA indie games currently on EGS get fancy trailers
-some new stuff announced, 70% is EGS exclusive. If
-ubi shows off Settlers; EA makes a token appearance to show off C&C remaster;
-Psychonauts 2
-System shock (s)

Devolver: much cringe; also, Serious Sam 4 and Metal Wolf Chaos;

Other:
-no Bioshock, b/c 2K doesn't want to compete with Borderlands 2
-no RDR2 PC, because they'll wait until new console gen;
-if THQN/Deep Silver/CoffeStain conglomerate shows up, expect Biomutant, Remnant of the ashes, new Red Faction from Volition, something about TimeSplitters
-hopefully some Bloodlines 2!
-dunno about Tecmo; if Nioh 2 still PlayStation exclusive, all they've really got is Samurai Shodown;

Worst E3 ever

OP
OP
RPGamer92

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
While Ori 2 is my most anticipated game it does NOT need to be shown for a 3rd year in a row

Replace Supermassive with IOI and I'd be down for that, also throw in Relic.
I think Supermassive makes sense with the types of games they make and the rumor from earlier this year about MS getting a studios with closer relations to Sony.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
For the love of God MS ease up on the 3rd party stuff. Don't need CyberSkunk to take the attention away from your own first party games. Its fking embarrassing when a third party game wins "best Xbox game" award.

If Gears 5, Halo Infinite, Ninja Theory's new IP, and possibly Fable get shown and Cyberpunk still wins, that would be a fking travesty

Hell I'd rather Outer Worlds win since at the very least its an IP that MS owns.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
- Dying Light 2 new gameplay + release date
- WB Montreal or Rocksteady new title
- Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay and release date
- A reveal from Capcom
- Avengers first trailer and release date
- Ninja Theory new IP is basically confirmed
- Gears 5/Ori 2/Battletoads/Halo
- *Insert Namco Bandai anime game announcement*

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My hype is much lower because no Sony, but I am still hyped at the prospect of Next Gen reveals considering Microsoft will AT LEAST aknowledge their NextBox

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Ok! have fun in no particular order but I am only doing Microsoft.

• Halo Infinite - Gameplay Demo - Holiday 2020 (Launch title for the Xbox Scarlet Family)

• Halo MCC for PC - Release Schedule/New Trailer showcasing PC perks/graphics (All games out by end of this year)

• Gears 5 - Gameplay Demo with Fall 2019 Release Date (sooner than you think)

• Gears Tactics - Short gameplay trailer with 2019 Release Date

• Battletoads - Short gameplay trailer with 2019 Release Date

• Sea of Thieves - Roadmap/Future Content for 2019 Trailer

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Last and final trailer with Release Date for 2019

• New Mech Game Announcement Trailer

• World Premier for Dino Crisis Reboot for 2020 Announcement (Monster Hunter World - fans got it . Resident Evil 2 Remake - fans got it. Resident Evil 7 was well received. Devil May Cry 5 fans got it. Do you see the trend here? Capcom has pretty much been giving what fans wanted and they've been arguably the most successful publisher this generation with exception of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. It's only a matter of time.)

• World Premier for Splinter Cell - (later showcased at Ubisoft Confernece)

• Reveal of the Xbox Scarlet Family (Specs, how they work, what they do, and so on.)

• Xbox Live Update + New Functions for next-gen set of Xbox consoles

• Project xCloud Talk

• Bleeding Edge Announcement Trailer from Ninja Theory

• Fable Teaser from Playground Games

• Teaser of the next-gen Rare IP

• New Studio Acquisitions
Note - I might change this list/update depending on what happens and what I hear in the next 60 or so days before E3 but I think for the most part I am pretty happy with my predictions. Believe it or not, things can change last minute very easily for several different reasons.
Nothing from Sony? Maybe in a future SoP

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
My uncle works at Microsoft and recently overhead a conversation with someone important. Take this with a pinch of salt since it's the internet, and I might change this during the next 360 days since, you know, things might change.

Microsoft could be acquiring:

- IO Interacrive
- Asobo
- Moon Studios
- Dontnod
- Crytek
- Platinum
- Remedy
- Square Enix
- EA
- Nintendo
- Your soul

(Just kidding, but what I'm trying to say is... we should chill and... lower the hype levels!)

Leocarian

Banned
May 13, 2018
I'd imagine to some extent Sony are shook with all the competition trying to rob portions of "their" pie and don't want to give anything away.

That is a very safe assumption. Sony will start talking either during E3 (just not at E3 itself) with something of their own or shortly after.

There is no way in hell they're gonna be continuing staying quiet past that point. I would be very surprised, all hell will break loose as well.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
That is a very safe assumption. Sony will start talking either during E3 (just not at E3 itself) with something of their own or shortly after.

There is no way in hell they're gonna be continuing staying quiet past that point. I would be very surprised, all hell will break loose as well.

If the rumours about TLOU 2 coming out in the fall are correct, Sony will start talking about it roughly 2 weeks after Days Gone comes out.

(Sucks for Concrete Genie, through. If TLOU2 is a holiday game, no-one'll want Sony's "other" exclusive)

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
If the rumours about TLOU 2 coming out in the fall are correct, Sony will start talking about it roughly 2 weeks after Days Gone comes out.

(Sucks for Concrete Genie, through. If TLOU2 is a holiday game, no-one'll want Sony's "other" exclusive)
it very much feels like this gen's Puppeteer so they may as well give it the same release strategy...

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From May 2019 onward... hundreds (if not thousands) of lies disguised as rumor by sources with no credibility. Given credence by youtubers looking for views and sites looking for page clicks. After mid June, they disappear. Only to reemerge in 2020 with the same half baked stories under the pretense of insider info.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Reserved

====

Nah. This is prediction thread, not leak, right?

Tips: Don't mock at SIE for the absence.

Hmm, I see you updated your post. Apologies since I've never encountered you before, but I hope this means we can possibly expect a mid-2019 reveal per the Reddit leak last year.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017

Very interesting. Hoping for biiiig megatons.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Think Xbox will have a nice presence at the PC show also. With store updates stuff or something else. Next to Gears Tactics stuff, AoE4, Halo MCC.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I expect Halo Infinite to be Cross Gen with a gameplay demo this E3. Additional Halo MCC updates (I hope Reach is released before this E3). Gears 5 and Gears Tactics new trailers/release dates. Some announcements from Capcom because other than the Monster Hunter World Expansion there is nothing new down the pipeline (please be Mega Man X9). Bayonetta 3 gameplay finally!

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i feel that MS will make a good e3, from all the talk and rumors about something big in their conference

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I posted this in another thread but I will leave it here as well so you have a glimpse into our future

My predictions are as follows...

-Microsoft opens up with Crimson Skies 2. It is for PC and Xbox and will revolutionize the way we play games with keyboard and mouse on the Xbox. It will also be crossplay and play anywhere. If you preorder it you get Crimson Skies 1 HD for free as DLC. This game should have been pretty obvious to us as Matt Booty (Xbox Game Studios Head) has been posting about planes on his instagram literally forever.https://www.instagram.com/mattbootyphoto/ Launches September 2019.

-We then go to a new trailer that seems oddly familiar. Wait, could that be? Oh my teraflops it is MATTER that was cancled for the Xbox 360 Kinect and brought to life once again. The Kinect controls have been removed but you now have the option to control the game completely via voice by either your headset or Alexa, This will be a downloadable title only for now. Google will not offer support as they wanted the game for the STADIA service and are a bit salty. Here is the original trailer
https://youtu.be/eWY9JNtxL8A

-Sid Mier and 2K games will be making Halo Wars 3. Microsoft finds out during the show that the Epic Store has gained exclusive publishing rights. Brawls ensue.

-Xbox Elite keyboard and mouse announced. It costs 300 dollars but glows in the dark and has rubber grips. Available today.

-All of the childrens games from Humongous Entertainment are announced in a new 4K, 60 FPS and HDR remake. The first games in the catalog to be released are Pajama Sam and Backyard Baseball. Pablo Sanchez is a preorder bonus.

-Phil Spencer makes an announcement that Scalebound is still canceled

-new forza

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Nintendo:
This is the first time we see what Animal Crossing for Switch looks like.
New Link's Awakening trailer reveals content that the original game does not have
Astral Chain is playable at the expo obviously.
Fire Emblem Three Houses will have a proper story trailer
Daemon ex Machina won't be there. It will be delayed.
Pokémon Sword and Shield is there, and Treehouse will dedicate a lot of time to it
Luigi's Mansion 3 gets a longer trailer and a finalized logo
Smash Ultimate DLC character #3 will be announced

Crazy Nintendo Predictions:
Super Mario Party 2 is announced for holiday 2019
Pikmin 4 is announced
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC is announced

Status
Not open for further replies.