• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The four extra base characters will be a launch day surprise revealed at the Marvel Games panel today.

I have no inside information, just guessing.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Is that something they would actually do? I mean we have people who have already beaten the game. So for these to be added it would have to be done with a patch to unlock them.

Hyrule Warriors got a free update making 3 npcs playable shortly after launch. However, the more recent Fire Emblem Warriors had several npcs in the main story that ended up only included as paid dlc later, while others just remained unplayable (these later ones were just clones though, no unique movesets).

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Hyrule Warriors got a free update making 3 npcs playable shortly after launch. However, the more recent Fire Emblem Warriors had several npcs in the main story that ended up only included as paid dlc later, while others just remained unplayable (these later ones were just clones though, no unique movesets).

Oh I do think that they will be added, I have little doubt. But I meant announced /unlocked today

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Seeing all this datamined stuff makes me hopeful that they will at least try to keep the game interesting for a long time. I love this trend of adding content every once in a while to make people go back and revisit a game, which I probably wouldn't do otherwise.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Hey guys, data mining has started and well there's a doozy in here
There are 49 blank dlc spots, doesn't mean they'll all be used but if the game's successful means we could be in for the long haul.

Now that's not even the most interesting part

There's 4 more base characters! Well they are in the base grouping even if not currently playable, it's possible they didn't make game launch but if they made it far enough to be fully labeled in the code like this odds are they could be in a patch or maybe a free NSO perk down the road. They are: Black Bolt, Medusa, Valkyrie and Vision

The blank spots seem too good to be true. They def look like placeholders.

As for the second part...
Black Bolt and Medusa absolutely have to be in to be able to get that Inhumans team bonus. Valkyrie and Vision are great additions too

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on how local multiplayer works? A couple buddies and I loved diablo 3 on switch because we all sat in the living room, each with our own switch playing diablo 3. Will we be able to do the same thing in Marvel? Similar drop in / drop out? Or will we be tied to one "save" that's our "multiplayer save"? And can we even play on our own switches? Or do we need to all be on the same one on a tv? Thanks!

Oct 28, 2017
Played few hours with two save files, one with the kids and one by myself. Loads of fun after you get into it and start figuring out how combos, dodging and all that work. Nice and relaxing so far - but not without skill.

Any word on how local multiplayer works?

You can do that. At least that is what the menu tells me. Multiple switches, same switch, drop in, drop out.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on how local multiplayer works? A couple buddies and I loved diablo 3 on switch because we all sat in the living room, each with our own switch playing diablo 3. Will we be able to do the same thing in Marvel? Similar drop in / drop out? Or will we be tied to one "save" that's our "multiplayer save"? And can we even play on our own switches? Or do we need to all be on the same one on a tv? Thanks!
You can definitely play with local wireless where each player is on their own system.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
How are you guys planning on tackling this? Pick a team and stick with it through the whole game and then do another playthrough with a different party or keep rotating?

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I'll most likely keep rotating. I like to keep all my characters balanced level-wise if I can, even if it takes me a little longer.
It will take you way way way longer lol. After 25 the leveling becomes very slow and trying to fight bosses under leveled is a sure fire way to get stuck on one boss for an hour and a half (happened in discord to our insider yesterday)

Oct 25, 2017
Got it in my cart on Amazon ready to pull the trigger. Want to see some reviews first though I suppose.

It's more a question of am I going to have time to play the game.

Oct 26, 2017
How are you guys planning on tackling this? Pick a team and stick with it through the whole game and then do another playthrough with a different party or keep rotating?

There's a bunch of characters that I want to play, but I do have specific team setups. My teams all have characters that need to be unlocked, so I'll mess around with various team comps until I manage to unlock the characters needed for the teams I have in mind, and then I'll see how they stack up in terms of synergy. From there, perhaps changes will be made.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if I buy the expansion pass later, I still get the Deadpool costume right? Don't have to buy it in the 80$ version?

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
I'm really enjoying this game, played through the first infinity trial, it's been great fun so far and the game gives you a lot of characters to pick from early on, love the team supers they do, one with Crystal, Captain Marvel, Black Widow and Gamora just filling the screen with stuff, loving it:

Oct 25, 2017
Would be weird to give some post launch characters for free and others as DLC expansion pass.

Hopeful though.

God I am getting myself hyped up for this game again after sort of cooling on it a little.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Just started playing. Love the character introductions.

During the first mission:

You get to play as the Guardians and when Groot gets introduced:

I am Groot!
He is Groot

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, Best Buy failing me big time. Shipping label was created yesterday but it was just handed off to UPS an hour ago. Now I won't get the game until Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.