• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
Saw two more costumes that are simply recolors. This is incredibly disappointing for anyone hoping for actual different costumes.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
So we only have one preview so far? Apparently they're praising the combat system, but I still need to know a bit more before I get the game.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
The guy isn't praising the game's accuracy to the comic books, he's proudly proclaiming that he can masturbate to all the women in the game, because that's the only reason women should be in games.

Way to agree with the incel, though!
The original incel quote is cringey, but I support a world in which all portrayals of all genders are sexy enough that we can masturbate to them, together or individually.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Saw two more costumes that are simply recolors. This is incredibly disappointing for anyone hoping for actual different costumes.

Are we talking recolours as in palette swaps, or recolours as in different textures? Ie, a palette swap would be Spider-Man but the red is green and the blue is yellow, whereas a different texture would be the symbiote suit.

The original incel quote is cringey, but I support a world in which all portrayals of all genders are sexy enough that we can masturbate to them, together or individually.

Oh, yeah. The Angrygamer guy wants to exclude any other portrayal of women from games because he can't masturbate to them, though. Reading his Twitter timeline is a hoot. Nothing but freaking out because a game might possibly contain an average woman!

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
Are we talking recolours as in palette swaps, or recolours as in different textures? Ie, a palette swap would be Spider-Man but the red is green and the blue is yellow, whereas a different texture would be the symbiote suit.
Palette swap. Cap has the colors from his outfit in the Winter Soldier movie but it's not the actual outfit. Similarly, Black Widow has her costume change color from black to white.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
This has probably been mentioned, but Magneto, Loki, Venom, and Thanos are grouped together on the official Japanese site, where they're the only non-Black Order villains with profiles, so I'd put money on Loki and Thanos being the final two base roster characters.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
This has probably been mentioned, but Magneto, Loki, Venom, and Thanos are grouped together on the official Japanese site, where they're the only non-Black Order villains with profiles, so I'd put money on Loki and Thanos being the final two base roster characters.
Yeah, I don't know if I saw it mentioned here or elsewhere but I think Loki and Thanos as the final unlockables are safe bets.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Koei Tecmo patched in a few of the non-playable Hyrule Warriors villains as free DLC, so I'm crossing my fingers for additional characters like Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, and Ultron. Most of the work is already done.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Koei Tecmo patched in a few of the non-playable Hyrule Warriors villains as free DLC, so I'm crossing my fingers for additional characters like Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, and Ultron. Most of the work is already done.

Did not know that! A few free characters in addition to the expansion pass would be amazing. If that happened, they could justify it by saying it doesn't come with whatever else the expansion packs come with like new modes and campaign content

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Cyclops and Colossus too, since they already have a moveset.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
MHWilliams not asking you to say who they were, but were you able to unlock all the characters? (I don't think that's under embargo since gamexplain showed the select screen after beating the game but they still had 4 open slots)

Oct 26, 2017

Gimme Proxima Midnight, Corvus Glaive and Black Maw as DLC and I'll be extremely happy.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

True. They also sold characters that were mostly done in game with Fire Emblem Warriors as well.

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully Cyclops and Colossus too, since they already have a moveset.

At this point, not seeing any world where the remaining X-Men aren't the DLC.

They're not going to say "here's Cyclops and Beast and Colossus patched in for free!" when they have paid X-Men DLC right around the corner.

If the Fantastic Four are the final DLC characters (4 characters a pack) then I could see the X-DLC be those 3 and maybe Jean/Phoenix.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

They're not going to say "here's Cyclops and Beast and Colossus patched in for free!" when they have paid X-Men DLC right around the corner.

Eh, if they include the X-Men DLC characters in a mandatory patch for everyone, I could see them softening the blow for people who don't have the season pass by saying "In addition, everyone (not just pass owners) get access to Cyclops!" or whatever.

S'what I hope happens, at least.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
MHWilliams not asking you to say who they were, but were you able to unlock all the characters? (I don't think that's under embargo since gamexplain showed the select screen after beating the game but they still had 4 open slots)
No, but that's due to not being high enough level. I know who they are, but the Trials to unlock them are higher than my best characters after beating the game. I have two slots left. Need to grind up to challenge them.

Any word on the length of this game yet?

Around 15 hours for the campaign.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

If the Fantastic Four are the final DLC characters (4 characters a pack) then I could see the X-DLC be those 3 and maybe Jean/Phoenix.
Actually with NSO needing more benefits I could totally see that happening with some combat npcs

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie, a few previews (namely the Gamexplain one) really cooled me on this.
I've read/watched about 5 previews and GameXplain was by far the most negative. Most of what I read indicates an enjoyable game that's in line with previous games in the series. I've read two previews that emphasized that the combat is better than in previous entries, with more depth and skill required from the player.

I guess it really depends on what you expect from the game. It was never going to set the world on fire or anything.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
No, but that's due to not being high enough level. I know who they are, but the Trials to unlock them are higher than my best characters after beating the game. I have two slots left. Need to grind up to challenge them.

Nod if Sleepwalker and Darkhawk playable

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That preview describing the gameplay as a mix of musou and MMO really hits close for me.

Too bad I won't get the game 'till monday probably.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for letting us know man! Much appreciated. And hopefully I didn't put you on the spot to much by asking those couple of questions. I know how touchy the ninjas can be.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Managed to found a copy, can't wait to start the game when it finishes the update.

The inside of the box shows 35 main characters out of the 36, I have a pretty good feeling on who is the last one...

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
They weren't interested in the game from the beginning to be fair. Even before playing it at E3 they weren't excited, and at E3 they didn't like it.
Sure, but that doesn't mean that their opinion isn't still valid. But more importantly, most previews I'm reading/watching are also along the lines of "Totally OK if you're a fan", which is fine if that's what you're looking for but for me there are too many Switch games in the latter half of the year that are guaranteed day ones that anything that's just totally "OK" will have to wait for a sale.

I'll still wait and see what reviews say, but these previews definitely have cooled me off.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Wait, 35? We know 34. Who's the last one? Or are you counting Rocket and Groot separately?

20z4ak3.jpg

My money for the 36th is on Thanos or Thane. There are no reasons to not put Cyclops or Colossus on the inside case picture

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Weirdly pumped about this being similar enough to the old games. They're so fun, but having it on the Switch really is a huge bonus for me

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh, that's sweet! Was expecting something between 8-12 hours.

May I ask if you feel like the game incentivizes well multiple playthroughs?
Most of the replayability comes from Infinity Trials, or leveling up other characters. Only your played characters get XP, and you won't have enough XP cubes to bring up others to the same level without doing Trials.

Around 15 hours on which difficulty?
Mighty. You could probably do it in less if you were blitzing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.